Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 661, 662, 663 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluetooth. Mostly fine, but that first pairing of devices always seems difficult. If I try again tomorrow I expect it’ll work straight away. Why!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:51 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
The British obsession with positioning the kitchen sink under a window even if that totally bolloxes the work flow ergonomics of the entire kitchen.

Window = outside wall = easy to take the sink drain outside and the water pipe inside* via the shortest possible route.

Same reason the toilet usually has its back to the window.

*In older designs, houses had a header tank in the loft but the kitchen tap was fed direct from the rising main so you weren't drinking water with dead rats floating in it

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:57 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Window = outside wall = easy to take the sink drain outside and the water pipe inside* via the shortest possible route.

*In older designs, houses had a header tank in the loft but the kitchen tap was fed direct from the rising main so you weren't drinking water with dead rats floating in it

That's a poor explanation and no excuse and doesn't explain why we're so obsessed with placing the sink under a window when other countries don't do it.

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:11 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

That's a poor explanation and no excuse and doesn't explain why we're so obsessed with placing the sink under a window when other countries don't do it.

I always thought it was for the women to have a view while washing the pots!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

You're that bloke in the pub who buts into others conversations saying "Should have asked me I can get it you cheaper"

If you can get it for others cheaper, advertise the fact. Otherwise fuck off you dull cunt.

I hate to join in with an, all pile on fest but I agree "that guy down the pub" is a bona-fide gear trasher. Bought it cheaper, bought the better model with lower milage, didn't have to pay anything, never paid for a telly licence, doesn't pay cooncil tax etc, etc. The twats start young as well, if you got a Brontosaurus in your Cornflake packet he got a Tyrannosaurus Rex, if Joanne Smith let you feel her up down the end of the playing field he got her pregnant last summer and she had twins at Christmas. Imagine what a bastard he's going to be in the old folks home Shocked

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:

So what? Surely having a well functioning kitchen is the priority over being able to watch the neighbours cat have a s#it in the back garden?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I hate to join in with an, all pile on fest but I agree "that guy down the pub" is a bona-fide gear trasher. Bought it cheaper, bought the better model with lower milage, didn't have to pay anything, never paid for a telly licence, doesn't pay cooncil tax etc, etc. The twats start young as well, if you got a Brontosaurus in your Cornflake packet he got a Tyrannosaurus Rex, if Joanne Smith let you feel her up down the end of the playing field he got her pregnant last summer and she had twins at Christmas. Imagine what a bastard he's going to be in the old folks home Shocked

I recall this as an early lesson from my obnoxious teenage years. Some fellow Amiga/ST enthusiast was breathlessly fingering their recently purchased external 3.5" drive. "HOW much?!" I exclaimed, "but PC drives are only xyz pounds and they're essentially the same thing!" That went down like a lead balloon.

Since then I've tried* to operate a policy of show, don't tell or actions speak louder than words and if someone asks "...that's nice, must have set you back a pretty penny?" only then will I explain how brilliant I am Wink

*and failed, the desire for validation is a powerful force

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
BigTim wrote:

So what? Surely having a well functioning kitchen is the priority over being able to watch the neighbours cat have a s#it in the back garden?

I seem to do a lot of washing up and I like having it against a big window overlooking teh back garden - also helps to see that you've got the stuff properly clean.. Johnny Foreigner can do what he likes..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:51 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
other countries don't do it.

Other countries sometimes have such crappy plumbing you have to put your used bog roll in a little paper bag in a bin so you don't block the pipes.

Other countries are wrong.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

I seem to do a lot of washing up and I like having it against a big window overlooking teh back garden - also helps to see that you've got the stuff properly clean.. Johnny Foreigner can do what he likes..

What I deduce from this statement is that (a) your cooking technique is inefficient therefore creating a lot of washing up, and (b) your husband is either too tight to buy you a dishwasher or has spent the money on treats for his secretary. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
other countries don't do it.

Other countries sometimes have such crappy plumbing you have to put your used bog roll in a little paper bag in a bin so you don't block the pipes.

Other countries are wrong.

Well certainly one's where you have to take a shit in the kitchen are. Where the hell have you been going on your holidays? Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions 'bout how to do things when it's entirely unclear what the questioner actually wants to do, to what.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Questions 'bout how to do things when it's entirely unclear what the questioner actually wants to do, to what.

Can we have an example?

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TikTok actually can ban your device for what they deem inappropriate comments. Not just the account they ban but the actual device. That pissed me off.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:12 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
TikTok actually can ban your device for what they deem inappropriate comments. Not just the account they ban but the actual device. That pissed me off.

Oh the lulz you could have with a virtual machine...

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 24 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
King29 wrote:

Oh the lulz you could have with a virtual machine...

I only tend to TikTok whilst at work on my phone, good idea though.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:52 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

You get used to it. We’ve got two chod bin bins. I empty them every other day. 300 year old pipes weren’t designed for toilet paper.

It’s not as bad as you think, in hot weather it dries out instantly. Mind you, it’s one thing emptying your own wiping material, what about the poor sods who have to empty public ones? Sick

I find it odd when back in the UK I find myself looking for the chod bin bin, forgetting that I can actually flush it away!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

You get used to it. We’ve got two chod bin bins. I empty them every other day. 300 year old pipes weren’t designed for toilet paper.

It’s not as bad as you think, in hot weather it dries out instantly. Mind you, it’s one thing emptying your own wiping material, what about the poor sods who have to empty public ones? Sick

I find it odd when back in the UK I find myself looking for the chod bin bin, forgetting that I can actually flush it away!

Europe, nuff said.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I only tend to TikTok whilst at work on my phone

...and you are how old?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
King29 wrote:
I only tend to TikTok whilst at work on my phone

...and you are how old?

Mentally and physically are very different things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppy seeds, the little feckers in bread. Still got a large hole from the tooth coming out and it's now jammed full of the little things.

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:13 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking aresholes too fucking stupid or lazy to clean the snow off the roof of their cars. crash and burn motherfuckers!

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who pay to have their car ‘detailed’. Paying a fortune for someone to Hoover my car seems pointless. I’m more than capable of operating a vacuum cleaner to rid MY car of MY dead skin cells, flicked bogies, greying hairs and other delights, and the local car wash folk do a decent job on the exterior. Yes, they’ll do a better job but at this time of year in particular any car that ventures out on the road will be filth against n in minutes.
I just don’t get it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:

Actually, it is.
I always put nice flowers where I can see them, when I have a kitchen with a garden view.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:12 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my youth I used to live in a basement flat in Kings Cross where there was no window to place the frikkin sink.

I don't remember much of that era but I do remember it feeling weird when washing up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 91 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 661, 662, 663 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 662 of 698