Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 662, 663, 664 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
A100man wrote:

I seem to do a lot of washing up and I like having it against a big window overlooking teh back garden - also helps to see that you've got the stuff properly clean.. Johnny Foreigner can do what he likes..

What I deduce from this statement is that (a) your cooking technique is inefficient therefore creating a lot of washing up, and (b) your husband is either too tight to buy you a dishwasher or has spent the money on treats for his secretary. Laughing

This is confusing on many levels.. Is the implication that anyone who washes up is by definition a 'lady'?
Up til now I had ruled out acquiring a husband but we are, as I'm often reminded, currently enduring 'strange times', so you never know.
I did once have a wife but she buggered off and took the dishwasher with her.
A 'friend' of mine is now enjoying the dubious benefits of both I gather.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you have a garden to look out on, though.
Every cloud has a silver lining, etc.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm annoyed at whatever nutter decided that the roof should be on the top of a house. Ridiculous!
And vacuuming the carpets! What's that all about?!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handy little volume by Bill Bryson covers all that:
"At Home"

Fascinating book, full of all sorts of odd information whilst explaining how we all came to have the homes we do today.

Cool Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm annoyed at whatever nutter decided that the roof should be on the top of a house. Ridiculous!

FFS man, get a dog. They clean the floor better than a Dyson. (especially Labradors).

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been seriously considering getting another doggo.
Looked on most of the major rescue sites on the weekend just gone.
It would need to get on with cats, though.
Cos my lot won't stand for any doggie nonsense.

Really should look into the potential need for doggie travel/quarantine in NZ/Aus though, in case I have to duck off there for a bit at any point.
Shifty

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyhow, my gears today have been gently ground by encountering a very woke discussion in the midst of a gothic interior decor FB group.

About cultural appropriation and the use of racist acronyms to avoid being "zucced" (even just knowing this word makes my gears grind just that little bit harder).

God, I nearly tossed my lunch.

Woke anxiety!
Handwringing!

Fucking hell, you'd lose the will to live, reading that lot on a regular basis.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:27 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Anyhow, my gears today have been gently ground by encountering a very woke discussion in the midst of a gothic interior decor FB group.

About cultural appropriation and the use of racist acronyms to avoid being "zucced" (even just knowing this word makes my gears grind just that little bit harder).

God, I nearly tossed my lunch.

Woke anxiety!
Handwringing!

Fucking hell, you'd lose the will to live, reading that lot on a regular basis.

To be fair, we had a troll recently in a local group. The admin banned them and gave them a piece of her mind... and she got a 3 day ban for sending him an angry message... so being a bit careful is probably good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least I learnt something.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
... so being a bit careful is probably good.

Mehhhh fuckit, I'm already on 7 days for various other contraventions Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 18:00 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Really should look into the potential need for doggie travel/quarantine in NZ/Aus though, in case I have to duck off there for a bit at any point.
Shifty

It's a ballache. And an expensive one. Not as much as it used to be but not something to be doing on a regular basis. I'd see it as a once in a lifetime thing.

NZ and AUS, being sensible island nations, make is deliberately difficult to import live animals which could be carrying diseases and parasites they neither have nor want.

Unlike the UK for some reason I am totally unable to fathom.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for bringing me back down to earth.
I want everything my own way all the time.
Laughing

The likelihood of having to spend an unspecified amount of time down under looms larger with every passing week Rolling Eyes
But I really miss having a doggo.
Covid has put paid to most of my dogsitting activities.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

FFS man, get a dog. They clean the floor better than a Dyson. (especially Labradors).

Presumably affixed to the end of a broomstick?
Perhaps a Yorkshire Terrier for getting at the cobwebs in the ceiling corners?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:32 - 26 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
MarJay wrote:
... so being a bit careful is probably good.

Mehhhh fuckit, I'm already on 7 days for various other contraventions Laughing

SJWs were designed to be insulted. Usually, "hello" is enough.
Being kicked off of social media sites should be seen as a badge of honour.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 27 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scalpers. A name I'd not come across until I'd try to get hold of a ps5.
Profiteering cvnts.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 27 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

But I really miss having a dogging

FTFY Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of getting a dog, I keep seeing videos on Facebook where they (usually Americans) rescue a fearful dog from the street and gradually gain its trust, build its confidence, make it part of the family. Then they move it on! Turns out they were just fostering. Admittedly the dogs always look happy in their new “forever” home but they must fret about being moved on yet again. Doesn’t seem right. Maybe fostering is better than an extended stay in kennels though.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBC iPlayer

"You have been signed out for technical reasons, please, blahdedy blah"

ball ache when just wanna catch up on a show I missed, almost never watch telly as it is broadcast

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
BBC iPlayer

"You have been signed out for technical reasons, please, blahdedy blah"

ball ache when just wanna catch up on a show I missed, almost never watch telly as it is broadcast

I hope you have paid the required ̶b̶r̶i̶b̶e̶ licence to watch BBC I player? Tut Tut

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman whose office I am currently sharing is starting to do my nut in.
Very nice, quiet and gets on with her work, etc., but neurotic as fuck Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 28 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get the small workshop's door open at all earlier on. The continual wet we've been having had swollen it until it was stuck tight.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Je suis muy troppo agitato.

My mother and my sister can do one, and spin on this.
Middle Finger

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I could not get the small workshop's door open at all earlier on. The continual wet we've been having had swollen it until it was stuck tight.

My front door's like that.
I tried putting WD40 on all the edges but it had very limited effect Rolling Eyes

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:20 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some silly bint got all hysterical yesterday and threatened to report me to the police after one of my dogs caught and killed a Grey squirrel when out for a walk on our local heath yesterday. I don't know what upset her more, the fact that he caught and killed it or that he just dropped it on the path almost in front of us and tore it apart and ate it there and then. I felt quite pleased for him, that is the first time he has ever managed to catch a tree rat. The woman was very unimpressed by his hunting skills though. Rolling Eyes

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:23 - 29 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Talking of getting a dog, I keep seeing videos on Facebook where they (usually Americans) rescue a fearful dog from the street and gradually gain its trust, build its confidence, make it part of the family. Then they move it on! Turns out they were just fostering. Admittedly the dogs always look happy in their new “forever” home but they must fret about being moved on yet again. Doesn’t seem right. Maybe fostering is better than an extended stay in kennels though.

I tried to foster a dog for a local rescue once. After he had been with us for 6 months I decided there was no way I going to hand him over to someone else so I permanently adopted him from the rescue.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 86 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 662, 663, 664 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 663 of 698