Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 671, 672, 673 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Its acutely distressing to see dementia, it must be equally as distressing to know that's what is happening to you (when you are lucid enough to know)

So this. Happened to my M-I-L; there were a few years where she was continually angry and distressed (vividly remember her continually muttering "stupid woman" under her breath, about herself). But eventually as she completely lost it and no longer knew who any of us were, she became tranquil and seemingly perfectly content with life for a good few years more. (Until she forgot how to swallow food which is a whole other story Crying or Very sad )

Seems to me that when old folk lose the plot they either go happy loopy or angry mad (bit like amiable drunks and fighting drunks). Certainly in the home where M-I-L spent her last years the residents were divided into those like her and people who spent their lives in complete agitation - I particularly remember one old biddy who spent all day every day just asking people 'have you seen my baby? I've lost her' - heartbreaking.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister in law and Father in law dead within the same week. Sister in law tested positive for covid on the on a Saturday, admitted to hospital on the Thursday, dead on the Saturday. Father in law heat attack on the same Thursday but died today a week later. Wife is gutted, Her mum died less than 12 months ago with covid. Bugger of a year for her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
wrote STUFF - heartbreaking.

If I ever get like that I really hope by then they are as kind to humans as they are to animals and put me to sleep with a bit of dignity.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
put me to sleep with a bit of dignity.

... there's a great little miniseries on Channel 4 catch-up about a doctor who does just that. Very good, its called "Mary Kills People".

It gave me several interesting moments of introspection about life, death, etc., but in general is mostly drama (American) with occasional flashes of dark humour.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 26 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am suffering with a very impolite headache.
I am hoping its just another one of those Covid-jab things (only about 10% strength of the really awful one I had), as I really can't be doing with it being anything else.
Rolling Eyes

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:45 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.
Out walking dogs and the little Dachshund decided he didn't like a massive dog that some woman had on a lead. Little shit, went to grab him but he ran at it barking, Fecking thing jumped on it's lead so the woman walking it swung a DM at my wee dogs heed.
Connected as well.

He was already walking away after his display of wee man bravado when she kicked him. I was not impressed.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Hmm.
Out walking dogs and the little Dachshund decided he didn't like a massive dog that some woman had on a lead. Little shit, went to grab him but he ran at it barking, Fecking thing jumped on it's lead so the woman walking it swung a DM at my wee dogs heed.
Connected as well.

He was already walking away after his display of wee man bravado when she kicked him. I was not impressed.

That would have provoked a particularly turgid response from me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:07 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did from me.

I only said, no need to kick the little dog he was only barking, she then went off on a massive rant about it and flung abuse at me.

I did then respond in a way I would never usually when talking to a woman.

That kinda finished it.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:35 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Hmm.
Connected as well.

You know what boils my piss?

People who don't have their dog under close control.

Who is the irresponsible dog owner in this story?

Is it acceptable for a dog to run at someone barking just because it's small?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:52 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Fecking thing

Why wasn't your dog on a lead?

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:03 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because their was no one about, they appeared round a corner so my other 2 were put on leads

My dog was a pain in the ass, I even apologised because I hadn't gotten his lead on in time, then she kicked him.

There was no excuse for it, she was a cunt.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:12 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you expect to happen when your dog isn't under control and goes running up to strangers?

You say your dog is a pain in the ass, isn't that a very good reason for why you should have it on a lead?

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I said he was a pain in the ass at that point

Dogs are allowed of leads . It's never an issue until someone makes it one. They bark at each other as well.

Plenty have went for my dogs but it never comes to anything. Vicious dogs are different from dogs barking at each other.

As I've said (not labouring it) I even apologised for his barking at her dog, he was walking away when she kicked him.

There is no defending it, she was wrong and well out of order.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:28 - 27 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vicious dogs are different from dogs barking at each other.

How do you know which dogs are vicious?

Do you know how unfriendly the big dog was and how much it gets pissed off at small yappy things which run at it?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:02 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also don't know what the other peoples dogs are like.

One of my old dogs, a large golden retriever, hated other dogs. He once grabbed someones small dog by the neck and savaged it like a rat until it was nearly dead. Its owner also got bitten because she tried to seperate them using her hands.

My dog was under close control on a lead* and at heel when this happened. The small dog was not. It ran up to him and started barking in his face.

* A proper lead. That keeps him in direct contact the person who is in charge and that he can't get off. Not one of those extending bits of string.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Not one of those extending bits of string.

I hate those things with a passion when they're used for dog walking. They're dangerous - the people that use them have no idea of the consequences of even a collie sized dog accelerating to the end and then being brought to a sudden stop. Dangerous for both the dog and the owner.

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:26 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
he was walking away when she kicked him.

REMEMBER THE IRON LADY!!!

when it became national policy to put the boot in as the enemy retreats...
Thus, if it was good enough for the Belgrano it's good enough for your pooch, matey. Folded arms

Weisse Schlange wrote:
There is no defending it, she was wrong and well out of order.

Somewhat ironic! Shocked Shocked

Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:23 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a small dog ran up to this one and was barking in its face (and it did... With no lead) and she bit them (she did) it's not her fault. I'm certainly not going near that mouth.

You were at fault, simple as. Sure she didn't have to put a boot in, but I would have had my dog under control. Coming 'out of nowhere' was your dog, not the other walker. Do you not see that?

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:54 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are not reading (ignoring) the bit where I apologised for being in the wrong.

She lost any moral high ground when she kicked a small dog for no reason.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:02 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be grateful it wasn't a farmer. It'll have been shot.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:24 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
I think people are not reading (ignoring) the bit where I apologised for being in the wrong.

She lost any moral high ground when she kicked a small dog for no reason.

I'm not ignoring the fact you said sorry, I'm pointing out the fact your dog was the one not under control and deserved everything it got, perhaps its owner would do well to see that. One day it might be a child it runs to, your obvious lack of control = the problem.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:26 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope that's garbage. It sounds like something a non dog owner would say.

But it's your opinion, you're entitled to it.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dog will run up to other dogs to meet them and try to get a chase/be chased.
99% of the time the meeting is friendly with him getting the message but if he meets a grumpy dog on a lead with an owner that panics and then transfers that panic into their dog, things get barky.
He's never had an issue with another dog not on a lead because they can behave naturally rather than being pulled away by a panicking, misunderstanding owner.
I always think its a great shame when I'm in a wide open area of land and I see some poor mut on a lead, unable to stretch its legs.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:34 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

The dog I mention above is 100% not going to be too friendly with another getting in its face. Its a rescued abused dog, things in its face are bad. You are a smart man, you surely know that dogs also have a past and you do not know them.

Same way I don't just walk up to someones face.

Might not be a dog owner, but I'm great with animals Wink controlling your dog is number 1.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
recman wrote:

The dog I mention above is 100% not going to be too friendly with another getting in its face. Its a rescued abused dog, things in its face are bad. You are a smart man, you surely know that dogs also have a past and you do not know them.

Same way I don't just walk up to someones face.

Might not be a dog owner, but I'm great with animals Wink controlling your dog is number 1.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with controlling your dog, especially if you know they're going to be a pain in the arse.
I'm only approaching the subject from my own experience which is, admittedly, from owning only 2 dogs.
I'm not saying you're wrong about the dog you've mentioned but I've met a fair amount of owners who were in a similar situation with their dogs but ended up surprised and very happy after they've unleashed their dog for tear around the park with mine.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 671, 672, 673 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 672 of 698