Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 672, 673, 674 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 28 Feb 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the best to the worst...

Czech republic does seem to have more issues with Covid than our neighbors, which resulted in a yet another lockdown and this time, it will interfere with my everyday life. From 1st. of March I won't be allowed to leave my town of residence, except for getting to work and back and face masks will be mandatory for movement outside and FFP2 respirators for publicaly accesible buildings and public transportation.

Just when the weather started to be alright to ride motorcycles/bicycles. Thumbs Down

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting annoyed with people over reacting to COVID shit. Yes, it’s here, yes it’s real, yes it’s deadly. I’m just getting sick of people leaping out the way and making an issue of shit. I’m walking down a promenade, it’s 5 metres wide. I’m on one side, someone coming the other way is on the other. Must they really cower against the wall and shield their faces when we pass as if I’m going to thump them - or even worse sneeze near them? Equally people leaping out of the way of other pedestrians onto a road. The chance of the passer by infecting you in the minimal time you are passing is tiny. The chance of the bus, lorry or car hurting or killing you when you blindly jump onto the road into their path? Much higher I guess.
Let’s get a bit of reality and common sense here please!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Getting annoyed with people over reacting to COVID shit. Yes, it’s here, yes it’s real, yes it’s deadly. I’m just getting sick of people leaping out the way and making an issue of shit. I’m walking down a promenade, it’s 5 metres wide. I’m on one side, someone coming the other way is on the other. Must they really cower against the wall and shield their faces when we pass as if I’m going to thump them - or even worse sneeze near them? Equally people leaping out of the way of other pedestrians onto a road. The chance of the passer by infecting you in the minimal time you are passing is tiny. The chance of the bus, lorry or car hurting or killing you when you blindly jump onto the road into their path? Much higher I guess.

Do people really behave like that?

Is it a city thing?
I've never seen anyone behave anything other than normally.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:

The overreaction is real.
Conversely, people who insist on walking two abreast on a normal width footpath while I've made the effort to use the edge....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed in regards to people jumping into the road - most don't seem to even look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:04 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then you get the reverse, 3 very fat women with pushchairs walking abreast, on their phones, not giving a flying fcuk about anyone else.

Christ, one of them reduced the 2 meter rule to 50cm. How they ever got pregnant is beyond me.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matted cat-butt fur. Trying to shave the fuckers butt is monumental task.

I need to speak cat and explain what I'm doing is going to make him feel better.

The cone of shame (to stop him getting at it and making it even more sore) isn't helping. Though it is hilarious to watch!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
But then you get the reverse, 3 very fat women with pushchairs walking abreast, on their phones, not giving a flying fcuk about anyone else.

I just stop and wait for them to either walk into or around me. Usually about 50:50

Locals round me have taken to just randomly stepping into the road too. I really miss having a non ABS car because you could screetch the tyres when pedestrians step out without looking. They shit themselves, drop their phones and allsorts.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
Matted cat-butt fur. Trying to shave the fuckers butt is monumental task.
I need to speak cat and explain what I'm doing is going to make him feel better.
The cone of shame (to stop him getting at it and making it even more sore) isn't helping. Though it is hilarious to watch!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .
Jeez! The thought of having to try and do that to my lunatic cat Shocked Shocked .

EDIT: Next time, video it, it would be a YouTube winner Laughing Shocked Laughing

Last edited by pepperami on 19:15 - 01 Mar 2021; edited 2 times in total

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

what annoys me is that in almost every single case of me filtering to the front of traffic that I either get beeped at or the driver tries to aggressively undertake me off the lights. Happens at least 4/5 times. I don't filter to the front on zig-zags either.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
I’m just getting sick of people leaping out the way and making an issue of shit. I’m walking down a promenade, it’s 5 metres wide. I’m on one side, someone coming the other way is on the other. Must they really cower against the wall and shield their faces when we pass as if I’m going to thump them - or even worse sneeze near them?

Even more weirdly, I get similar along a long country footpath where I go to walk the dogs. Path is about 1.5m wide, with grassy banking either side, with the occasional gateway into adjoining fields. What always happens is that oncoming walkers will dip into the gateways even if I'm at least 50m away - and wait there until I've gone past -as if we were both driving cars along a single track road.

It's truly weird.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I really miss having a non ABS car because you could screetch the tyres when pedestrians step out without looking. They shit themselves, drop their phones and allsorts.

I'm sure you could buy an appropriate sound-effect machine and install it under the bonnet, no? Wink

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Even more weirdly, I get similar along a long country footpath where I go to walk the dogs. Path is about 1.5m wide, with grassy banking either side, with the occasional gateway into adjoining fields. What always happens is that oncoming walkers will dip into the gateways even if I'm at least 50m away - and wait there until I've gone past -as if we were both driving cars along a single track road.

It's truly weird.

Similar happened to me when I was driving through country park on Saturday, the road is a full double-width tarmac'd road and pedestrians and bicycles both use it in both directions.

When bicycles are going along people just casually move out the way but when I am coming down in 3rd gear at 10 mph on my shite 125cc they all clear off the road at both sides and stand on the grass verges and then look at me as if I am a massive cunt for making them move. Why can't they just continue walking normally like they do for bicycles which are going just as fast or even faster than I am?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
I really miss having a non ABS car because you could screetch the tyres when pedestrians step out without looking. They shit themselves, drop their phones and allsorts.

I'm sure you could buy an appropriate sound-effect machine and install it under the bonnet, no? Wink

Someone needs to make a horn that sounds like a jack-knifing juggernaut.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I just stop and wait for them to either walk into or around me. Usually about 50:50

Locals round me have taken to just randomly stepping into the road too. I really miss having a non ABS car because you could screetch the tyres when pedestrians step out without looking. They shit themselves, drop their phones and allsorts.

I've actually seen a couple of people fall in the canal trying to get out of the way of pushbikes on the towpath. Stupid really, try to 'encourage' the cyclists into the cut is much more satisfying. Cool

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:35 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/stebel-nautilus-truck-horn-black-upgraded-horn-p-6029.html

Great horns.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
They shit themselves, drop their phones and allsorts.

And that's a waste of nice licorice.

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 01 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
They shit themselves, drop their phones and allsorts.

And that's a waste of nice liquorice.
FTFY

They are Dirty Bertie Bassetts. Embarassed

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/stebel-nautilus-truck-horn-black-upgraded-horn-p-6029.html

Great horns.

Wotcha.

Got 'em fitted to both trikes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:50 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That headache I had a while back, that I thought was covid-jab related ...?
Maybe it wasn't.

In the last 2-3 wks I've noticed that during the day I am unconsciously grinding my teeth, almost certainly more likely to be the cause of the badass mofo headache.

I've had a low-grade version of the same headache for over a week now, with assorted other symptoms.
I watched this nice video which shows exactly what is happening, and yeah ... Rolling Eyes

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 08:52 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can sympathise.

Mine had me up half the night, utter agony. Am also biting down a lot.

My BP is up as well as my tinnitus . Dunno what's causing it.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
That headache I had a while back, that I thought was covid-jab related ...?
Maybe it wasn't.

In the last 2-3 wks I've noticed that during the day I am unconsciously grinding my teeth, almost certainly more likely to be the cause of the badass mofo headache.

I've had a low-grade version of the same headache for over a week now, with assorted other symptoms.
I watched this nice video which shows exactly what is happening, and yeah ... Rolling Eyes

Sister in law had a headache, a week later she was dead, just saying.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat_Angry_Scotsman wrote:
what annoys me is that in almost every single case of me filtering to the front of traffic that I either get beeped at or the driver tries to aggressively undertake me off the lights. Happens at least 4/5 times. I don't filter to the front on zig-zags either.

Gotta get you on that big bike soon!

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Gotta get you on that big bike soon!

When I first started my biker life I honestly thought that I would keep the little 125cc and run it into the ground and then either punt it for buttons or scrap it after three years.

Having done a winter riding the little 125cc and now using it in spring I know it's doomed. It's just not enough power. I am sick of old Margaret in her shite 2002 Punto beating me off the lights and aggressive cunts in white vans undertaking me off the lights because they're raging I filtered.

My MOD 1 is on 2nd June and god-willing, if I pass it then I will be taking the MOD 2 as soon as possible. Right now I am thinking about what my first real motorcycle will be, I want multiple but can only really afford to spend £20,000 buying one outright and I want it to be brand spanking new. So far I am thinking:

Indian Scout (with a load of options), or,
Suzuki Katana, or,
Ducati SuperSport 950.

They all have different purposes. Ideally I want multiple bikes for different reasons but right now I can only garage one. When I move house next year I will get somewhere with a much bigger garage and just go wild.

Right now I am leaning most towards the Ducati or the Katana just because the vast amount of miles I am going to do is commuting and since my L-plates will be off I can use the Motorway.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:49 - 02 Mar 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A scout, or a Katana ?

Pretty similar bikes, no idea how you'll choose lol.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 672, 673, 674 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 673 of 698