Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 688, 689, 690 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, Plissken.
Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am annoyed at myself for not paying attention.

I decided that I would have McDons breakfast, mainly because I have been SO FUCKING GOOD this week that I lost 2 and a half pounds.
So before I crack on with the diet, I figured some sausage/pancakes might be a nice treat.

But no!
Somehow I managed to order it and send it to Pets at Home by mistake, which happened to be the last place I took an Uber to.

I wouldn't mind but I ordered it at 9.08 and they said it would arrive at 9.45 - yet the McDons and the Pets at Home are IN THE SAME shopping park (!), LITERALLY 30 seconds apart. I could walk from one to the other in less than 2 minutes.

But I didn't realise that until he phoned me to say he was "outside". Rushed out to my front door, no sign of anybody holding a bag of McDons.

This, of course, was exacerbated by the fact that my delivery driver spoke little-to-no English and had to get a passing Englishwoman to tell me he was standing outside Pets at Fucking Home, and to translate the fact that I was not there, I was a mile and a half away.
I just shouted at her (sorry, madam!) to tell him to cancel the fucking order. I blame the extreme hunger.

Didnt really want the fucking plastic junkfood anyway Rolling Eyes Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

*tries to convnice self, whilst breaking out the bananas and porridge instead*

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Didn't have what I wanted anyway.
Turns out ... I should have typed in "clitoris ornament" instead Rolling Eyes
Brick Wall

The places ya go when you're on the internet Rolling Eyes

I've spent hours looking, but wasn't able to find it.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 01 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I am annoyed at myself for not paying attention.

I decided that I would have McDons breakfast, mainly because I have been SO FUCKING GOOD this week that I lost 2 and a half pounds.
So before I crack on with the diet, I figured some sausage/pancakes might be a nice treat.

But no!
Somehow I managed to order it and send it to Pets at Home by mistake, which happened to be the last place I took an Uber to.

I wouldn't mind but I ordered it at 9.08 and they said it would arrive at 9.45 - yet the McDons and the Pets at Home are IN THE SAME shopping park (!), LITERALLY 30 seconds apart. I could walk from one to the other in less than 2 minutes.

But I didn't realise that until he phoned me to say he was "outside". Rushed out to my front door, no sign of anybody holding a bag of McDons.

This, of course, was exacerbated by the fact that my delivery driver spoke little-to-no English and had to get a passing Englishwoman to tell me he was standing outside Pets at Fucking Home, and to translate the fact that I was not there, I was a mile and a half away.
I just shouted at her (sorry, madam!) to tell him to cancel the fucking order. I blame the extreme hunger.

Didnt really want the fucking plastic junkfood anyway Rolling Eyes Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

*tries to convnice self, whilst breaking out the bananas and porridge instead*

Where is the 'This Post is Hypoglycemic' karma button?

There's an uberesque system in Saudi Arabia 'Kareem'.
I used it once. The fixed price beat the gouging Islamic can drivers who run the game there.
I ordered for the second time via the app. From the supermarket back to my hotel.
There are a ton of the bastirts outside the supermarket and it was just about dusk so reading number plates can be a struggle. They also use stamped metal number plates that are blasted clean of markings by sand.
I got in this car. I asked the cnut, Are you Saide? Yes he said.
He asked where to?
I told him the name of my hotel.
He drives off and moments later I suss that we are not going towards my hotel. He stops outside this other hotel. I asked, wherethefuckareweyaprick?
Ended up handing my phone over with Google maps to guide the soft prick to my hotel from there.
I only paid the idiot what the app had quoted. 20 rituals.next time I opened the Kareem app I had an outstanding bill for 20 riyals. Mad
Had to pay to clear that or not be able to use the service again.
Lesson. Don't trust the uber/Kareem service.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered a bunch of project bike stuff online, so when I rushed down to the door today, I was expecting the delivery man. But no, it was a relative. Awful, awful character, who thinks things and people should be exactly a certain way and do certain things, etc. Type of guy who'll talk ill of you behind your back but is syrupy sweet in front of your face. I was rather hoping never to see his face again for the rest of my days, but it wasn't meant to be. Is it simply impossible to distance oneself from certain people without actually leaving the country? I'll get over it. But still, that will teach me to actually curtain twitch before opening the door.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:54 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I've ordered a bunch of project bike stuff online, so when I rushed down to the door today, I was expecting the delivery man. But no, it was a relative. Awful, awful character, who thinks things and people should be exactly a certain way and do certain things, etc. Type of guy who'll talk ill of you behind your back but is syrupy sweet in front of your face. I was rather hoping never to see his face again for the rest of my days, but it wasn't meant to be. Is it simply impossible to distance oneself from certain people without actually leaving the country? I'll get over it. But still, that will teach me to actually curtain twitch before opening the door.

Tell him to do one. Job jobbed

Life is too short for dickheeds mate.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle pickup on the Strat's gone dead, dammit.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It might just be an iffy solder joint. Fingers crossed.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Move the D (or G) strings out to a position that you hardly ever use.
Then modificate your playing style until you can get a new pick-up. Thumbs Up

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Move the D (or G) strings out to a position that you hardly ever use.
Then modificate your playing style until you can get a new pick-up. Thumbs Up

You do realise that middle pickup means the one between the bridge and neck pickup and that each of them works on all 6 strings don't you? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Hope not actually. I don't have a soldering iron Rolling Eyes
I'll have a look next time the strings need changing.
Anyway, stuck it on the bridge pickup and rocked out instead Dance! Very Happy

@MCN: Uwotm8? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Hope not actually. I don't have a soldering iron Rolling Eyes
I'll have a look next time the strings need changing.
Anyway, stuck it on the bridge pickup and rocked out instead Dance! Very Happy

@MCN: Uwotm8? Laughing

Actually if you've got any switch cleaner you could give the selector a squirt and work it a bit, you never know...

And at least you have two others to play with. Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, got some contact cleaner in the shed, I'll give it a go.

Might be me, but the neck pickup seems to have lost something in tone with it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want genocide against meerkats. If I have to hear another of those feckin stupid ads, I'm going nuclear option Mad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I want genocide against meerkats. If I have to hear another of those feckin stupid ads, I'm going nuclear option Mad

Ignore them, simples Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon - I ordered 4 x 2.5 litres of deionised water for my Triffids. It was out for delivery when I got a message that there was an issue and the delivery was cancelled and I'd get a refund in 5 days or so.

OK, I thought maybe the doofus had dropped it and split the container or something so went to reorder and the price has gone from £1.50 a 2.5l container to £6 fucking 26. Evil or Very Mad

Bastards.

It's a good thing the weathers shit. I've put 3 buckets and a couple of bowls out to collect the water so my bug eating babies can have a nice drink.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 03 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Amazon - I ordered 4 x 2.5 litres of deionised water for my Triffids. It was out for delivery when I got a message that there was an issue and the delivery was cancelled and I'd get a refund in 5 days or so.

OK, I thought maybe the doofus had dropped it and split the container or something so went to reorder and the price has gone from £1.50 a 2.5l container to £6 fucking 26. Evil or Very Mad

Bastards.

It's a good thing the weathers shit. I've put 3 buckets and a couple of bowls out to collect the water so my bug eating babies can have a nice drink.

£4.49 per 5 litre at Euro car parts. Probably cheaper at your local tropical fish shop.

Clicky.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Woahhhh.... Be careful wots in the contact cleaner.
Some contact cleaners melt plastic.

What about humming any missing notes? Thinking

Plinky Plinky hummm Plinky Plinky..

Survive Man.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:37 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Wot, helpful and a flame in one post?! Crafty bugger.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Just by coincidence, this video popped up in my notifications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b23jdQhc_k

You probably know all that, but it might help

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Bastards.

Just put some water in a plastic container then freeze it to de-ionise it. Science innit.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who flatter themselves with the pretence they are working class as they imagine it endows themselves with some kind of social credibility, when in fact they are as middle class as a BBC sitcom.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Just put some water in a plastic container then freeze it to de-ionise it. Science innit.

I'd dearly love you to explain how lowering the temperature of water then raising it removes the various dissolved mineral ions...

When you've explained it, you might want to patent the process. You'll make a fortune licensing it to the manufacturers of deionised water. It'll be a lot cheaper than all of those reverse osmosis filtering systems they've invested in and you might even get a nobel for creating a new branch of science. Razz Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 04 May 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

I'd dearly love you to explain how lowering the temperature of water then raising it removes the various dissolved mineral ions...

When you've explained it, you might want to patent the process. You'll make a fortune licensing it to the manufacturers of deionised water. It'll be a lot cheaper than all of those reverse osmosis filtering systems they've invested in and you might even get a nobel for creating a new branch of science. Razz Laughing

I have to agree, I've tried to find something to back that up and can't. Link please Ribena.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 688, 689, 690 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 689 of 698