Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cheeseman
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 18:28 - 26 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
swampy wrote:
He's got as much right for his dog to piss on it as you do chaining your bike to it.... Wink

Still you can see a bike's chained there every day, why would he deliberately be a dick.

In fact why do something that you wouldn't do in front of the person at all?

So that's besides the point, he knows he's deliberately being a dick. Laughing

Are you sure it's the dog that's pissing on your chain?

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 26 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

People starting off way too slowly from traffic light junctions or not paying attention to the colour of the lights, due to too much smartphone on their lap etc.

Nothing wrong with average normal acceleration, but the moment those lights go red/amber clutch must be out and hit the go pedal. Taxi's are often the worst for this IMO.

Oh and at temporary traffic lights the 4-5 cars or white vans that blatently go through the lights when they are red and stop the progress of the vehicles coming the other way now with a green light.

Utter utter arrogant bastards!

I've had 3road rage incidents in my work van in a week now, and am getting bored with it all, and losing my temper a bit too easily now with twats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SQL
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 26 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 MPH Drivers....
40 in a 20
40 in a 30
40 in NSL

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 26 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

map wrote:
UBFester wrote:
...you turn into a religious speed limit obeyer...

You mean you're not already?
Oh the shock! Shocked
I'm shocked, shocked to find that speeding is going on in here!
Won't someone please think of the kittens?

Like everyone else, i behave far better when i think i'm being watched ......

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 26 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

What grinds my gears is working full time and taking 1 day off a week to go to uni.

Self funding myself through fucking hell.

My maths teacher is so bad and doesn't explain things to the point the class loses the will to live. No matter how many times we ask. It almost becomes a joke as we all sigh in disbelief at all the letters on the board.

I've got exams in 5/6 months and under huge pressure by myself to pass and I don't think it's looking likely. Therefore every night I can't sleep because I worry about the amount of money I have put into doing this cunting qualification that I want to smash someone in the face. hard.

I'm trying to revise right now, have bought even more maths books and looking online and it's just not going in. Far too complicated and I'm way out my depth, and don't see a way out.

So in conclusion.

FUCK MATHS. Middle Finger Middle Finger Unless it involves MPH.

Thumbs Up

Nash GT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be worth hiring a tutor?
I know you mentioned finances but it'll be for the greater good.

PS. Respect for self funding, Thumbs Up

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikertomm wrote:
uni stuff....

i did my degree part time too, but i would go after work, start at 18:00 finish at 21:00 3 days a week, for 4 years Crying or Very sad - so i feel your pain

be worth it once you graduate though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers lads. Yeah, it's not easy at all, I basically take a days pay cut aswell as paying out a load for the 'tuition' Rolling Eyes

Yes - I think a tutor is my only option to be quite honest. I'm attempting to get the basics sorted and make a list of things that I can then nail with a tutor.. but even this is taking time.

Bye bye life. Neutral

Just got to look forward to summer when It's all done with, might treat myself to a new bike if I bloody pass the maths exam. Laughing Laughing

Thumbs Up

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 27 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

bikertomm wrote:
Cheers lads. Yeah, it's not easy at all, I basically take a days pay cut aswell as paying out a load for the 'tuition' Rolling Eyes

Yes - I think a tutor is my only option to be quite honest. I'm attempting to get the basics sorted and make a list of things that I can then nail with a tutor.. but even this is taking time.

Bye bye life. Neutral

Just got to look forward to summer when It's all done with, might treat myself to a new bike if I bloody pass the maths exam. Laughing Laughing

Thumbs Up

If you really want to get into it .....

https://grammarist.com/spelling/math-maths/

Mr. Green

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black friday crap - ok there is a chance of saving a few quid but is it worth the hassle or queuing up an charging in when the shop opens

meh....
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Boxing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple.

This stupid "Black Friday" most of the ones buying stuff are just getting it because it's a big "deal" Rolling Eyes Just shops getting rid of old stock ready for 2015's stock to roll onto the shelf's. Chances are they'd be the same price in the January sales, if this event wasn't on. They're just hoodwinking the naive. Rolling Eyes

And this damn cough I have. Laughing

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Friday (again) it's just full of tat or stuff in weird sizes. Pft.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Black Friday. This shit is everywhere. People pushing and shoving, behaving like Hyenas around a carcass, it's disgusting. Plus those products were probably sold at an inflated price for the last 3 months, so the "saving" looks bigger but in reality is not so great.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:00 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Express drivers.

Do you have to have had a knock on the head to drive for them? At least once a week, these 'tards will drive around like loons, cutting lanes and driving like overgrown bumper cars. The one this morning starts cutting lanes on a roundabout (I'm doing about 30 on a fairly wet road). I managed to get past without getting winged, but these idiots are regularly dangerous.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 14:21 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

garethjv wrote:
Are you sure it's the dog that's pissing on your chain?

Now there's a thought. Thinking

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:49 - 28 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smell from the kitchen

Wife's making soup

Nash GT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 29 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
The smell from the kitchen

Wife's making soup

Sounds promising

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:54 - 29 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

little yappy dogs. and especially pugs. and the idiotic owners who think its cute that "princess daisy" is trying its best to maul you or your dog as "its only playing" if it were a rottie or staffie doing it it'd be put down. the late father in law said it best "its nawt a shovel wouldn't cure"

swampy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsredhat wrote:
little yappy dogs. and especially pugs. and the idiotic owners who think its cute that "princess daisy" is trying its best to maul you or your dog as "its only playing" if it were a rottie or staffie doing it it'd be put down. the late father in law said it best "its nawt a shovel wouldn't cure"

My auntie has a pug that jumped up and bit me on my inner thigh - quite literally (by the dictionary definition of the word) missing my right bollock by millimetres.... Bastard thing..

fredsredhat
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:17 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
fredsredhat wrote:

My auntie has a pug that jumped up and bit me on my inner thigh - quite literally (by the dictionary definition of the word) missing my right bollock by millimetres.... Bastard thing..

and i assume it hasn't been euthanised? hate the fucking things. though thats probably unfair. i hate the owners of little twatting dogs that raise them to think they are human, equal, and more importantly think they're superior. a dog is a dog, be it a pitt bull or a shitty zoo. it needs to know humans are in charge. then and only then it will become your best friend. (im sat here with a 30kg lurcher's head on my lap) Laughing

Lone-Wolf
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:40 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsredhat wrote:
(im sat here with a 30kg lurcher's head on my lap) Laughing

Wotcha.

You've cut off your dog's head ? Shocked

Well that's one way of stopping 'em barking I suppose. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsredhat wrote:
[

and i assume it hasn't been euthanised? hate the fucking things. though thats probably unfair. i hate the owners of little twatting dogs that raise them to think they are human, equal, and more importantly think they're superior. a dog is a dog, be it a pitt bull or a shitty zoo. it needs to know humans are in charge. then and only then it will become your best friend. (im sat here with a 30kg lurcher's head on my lap) Laughing

Totally agree. I've found dogs to be far superior to fucking humans.

lets list.... I'll ask my GSD Brodie, he is 11 so an experienced dog Thumbs Up

What religion are you? ... Me, FFS I'm a dog. Why should I give a shit about your human stupidity.

What do you like doing? ......Well, I'd like to chew on your nuts for asking such stupid questions (but I wont).

Walk or biscuit?.....oh FFS, walk to the pub where everyone gives me scratchings.

j

Orennayar
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:54 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who feel the need to change lane at a traffic light only to overtake 2 cars waiting there (of course blocking you from filtering).
People who slowly creep upon the white line at traffic light at 0.5mph for 1min before the light change.
People who deliberately choose the wrong lane at a roundabout to overtake the cars queuing and then try to force their way through the roundabout.

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 30 Nov 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orennayar wrote:
People who feel the need to change lane at a traffic light only to overtake 2 cars waiting there (of course blocking you from filtering).
People who slowly creep upon the white line at traffic light at 0.5mph for 1min before the light change.
People who deliberately choose the wrong lane at a roundabout to overtake the cars queuing and then try to force their way through the roundabout.

Drivers of german cars then in general Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 168 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 4 of 698