Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 29 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work place not agreeing to my request to end my contract early. It's not even unreasonable.

I don't like burning bridges, but the date I'm asking for is the end of the year, I'll have been paid, and I'm not owed any holiday. If I don't turn up in Jan I'm not aware of them actually being able to do anything.
Hmm.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:06 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Work place not agreeing to my request to end my contract early. It's not even unreasonable.

I don't like burning bridges, but the date I'm asking for is the end of the year, I'll have been paid, and I'm not owed any holiday. If I don't turn up in Jan I'm not aware of them actually being able to do anything.
Hmm.

Sounds like it needs its own thread and moar information.

Probably chase you for the money back plus damages for leaving them out of pocket for a role they've provided you with for services you enable them to provide (I'm talking out my rear end though and being an internet expert).

Only one way to find out. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Christmas misogyny is kicking in early. Already I've managed to develop a theory that women are enablers of psycopaths. Rolling Eyes

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twonk in Pret a Manger who makes me two coffees when I ordered one. Then gets all pi55ed off when I politely point out the mistake. He tells me "you said two", like I've committed some terrible offence. It was noisy and busy so he probably miss-heard me but so what! Big deal it must happen all the time.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:45 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who order £2.45 rice-coconut organic iced lattes then complain about the service.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
My Christmas misogyny is kicking in early. Already I've managed to develop a theory that women are enablers of psycopaths. Rolling Eyes

They do seem to like breeding with them Thinking

Rogerborg wrote:
People who order £2.45 rice-coconut organic iced lattes then complain about the service.

I'm sensing self-loathing here.

I left the heating on last night, as I did the other night when it was cold. Cue waking up at 4am, sweating like I was in a Moroccan prison, and stumbling downstairs to turn it off (now I see the point of that Hive bollocks). Today I am nicely dehydrated/drained.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who order £2.45 rice-coconut organic iced lattes.

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:06 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryBikerSyndrome

The amount of arseholes bouncing of the rev limiter while trying to fit their bike with custom bars as wide as a smart car through a small gap in London traffic is getting right on my tits.

There was some twat yesterday shaking his fist at an artic lorry as it would not mount the central reservation so he could fit through.

Just chill the fuck out, these people are not even trying to deliberately get in your way. Just because its cold and your balls have crept up in to your stomach there is no need to act like a complete cunt. Pissing drivers off is not going to make it more likely they will look out and move for you in future. Give a friendly thank you to those that do make and effort but if they don't, being a cunt will not stop them being a cunt.

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:02 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
I'm thinking of growing a tash.

https://fearsomebeard.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/img_2158.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to pick up a random person from Capital Radio.
Said random person was just a gofer and then commenced to bundle Nigel Farage into my car.
Shocked

I felt it was incumbent upon me to just be pleasant and stick to non-controversial issues like giving up smoking and being famous.
I may or may not regret that I didn't run him over.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:31 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
being famous.

We love you, but I'm not sure he even reads BCF.

hellkat wrote:
I may or may not regret that I didn't run him over.

You could have killed literally-Hitler. Posterity is going to be harsh on you.

I've got a teeny grind going on here:

https://www.scottishwater.co.uk/investment-and-communities/your-community/glasgow-investment/sst/toryglen

A five month total closure of a (perhaps the) main southern route into Glasgow toon.

In order to deal with damp in four houses.

Four.

Buy them, burn them down, throw the childrens out in the street.

Four houses. Five months.

I don't even.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:52 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out my elderly neighbour had a bad fall in her house last night. She was unconscious best guess from 11pm to 03.30
and when she came to again she went and sat downstairs in her chair for 5 more hours before calling her daughters at half 8 to
say she had fallen because she "didn't want to be any trouble." Crying or Very sad She has 6 broken ribs, a bleed on the brain and some
significant internal bleeding. I am so annoyed with myself as i'm 15 seconds away, I have a key to her house and
could have had he in an ambulance quicker than any of her family if only I'd known. I'm really pissed because Gracie
barked her head off at about 3.30 am today waking me and the wife so I was up anyway. I do hope she makes it through this.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

Hmm.

Their attitude was the final straw, it's all been oh so stressful, and you will be too poorly sick to go back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Their attitude was the final straw, it's all been oh so stressful, and you will be too poorly sick to go back.

Laughing Work colleagues have suggested this, however I would rather just leave than fake sickness. He's just being a fanny because he's now realised that there's a lot of info leaving with me. Rolling Eyes

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife, the wife has ground my gears today. I got a bargain of a PS4 yesterday, managed it get it working today by clearing out the dust. The wife looks scornful and says "But Darren you ALREADY have a gaming console an Xbox", "Why do you need 2?". She just looked exasperated and did that thing where she tuts and shakes her head in a disapproving manner before muttering to herself too quiet for me to actually hear.

Women.

I could have gone down the route of saying why does she need so many hand bags or shoes but decided against it as I want some action out of her later when we go to bed.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much of a bargain you're not bragging about the price tag, Dazzer. Mr. Green

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
So much of a bargain you're not bragging about the price tag, Dazzer. Mr. Green

£50. Old matte black PS4 with controller 500gb. I posted under the What oiled your gears today thread.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELPFUL

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not caring...Sick people make me sick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
my elderly neighbour "didn't want to be any trouble."

Oh dear, maybe she was confused, as well, bumped her head.

But its not your fault.
Its just a thing old people do, not wanting to be any trouble.

Gracie might have been barking at anything at 3.30am; you'd be kicking yourself if someone had broken into your house and Gracie barked but you ignored it, so this is just the same.

Hope the old girl is okay xx

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ground me own gears, inn-I Rolling Eyes

Smoked a bit of bud I was saving as my Christmas stash.
Its alright, but not as nice as I was expecting/hoping.
More mulish* than happy-buzzy.

So ... mehhhhhh.
https://farm9.static.flickr.com/8337/8203922426_ec23e713e8_b.jpg

*as in "kicked in the head by a mule"

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Smoked a bit of bud I was saving as my Christmas stash.

Oy! No fair! I'm off it again for a couple of weeks so I can get my (substantial) tolerance levels down a bit before
santa turns up. I have my Christmas ounce already booked up direct from a grower I'm acquainted with.
Last Christmas I got through £500 worth between 20th Dec and 5th Jan. Don't want to repeat that this year.
I may have another motorcycle to fund early 2018.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 156 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 313, 314, 315 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 314 of 698