Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 319, 320, 321 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain.

I've got ORDINARY shopping to do, but the shops are full of grabbing panicking barging ignorant wankers.

I hope the rooves of their collective shopping malls spontaneously combust and collapse inwards causing huge and painful life-changing internal damage to each and every one of them. And their squalling over-indulged brats.

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not today but yesterday it really annoyed several of us to see large amounts of fly tipped rubbish out and about in the countryside.If it takes a journey to drive out into the middle of nowhere,why not take that same rubbish to the local council recycling centre?

Always have a 'Plan B'

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas chuggers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzer Thou wrote:
Not today but yesterday it really annoyed several of us to see large amounts of fly tipped rubbish out and about in the countryside.If it takes a journey to drive out into the middle of nowhere,why not take that same rubbish to the local council recycling centre?

Because councils charge for industrial waste. Ours work on what you have and what you turn up in. A van gets kicked out of the domestic refuse site and sent to one with a weigh bridge and is then charged (how much I don't know).

It's got to be cheaper to take the waste for free rather than picking up tons of fly tipped rubbish though.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A van gets kicked out of the domestic refuse site and sent to one with a weigh bridge and is then charged (how much I don't know).

~£135/tonne

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to help a mate with his own van. He had a light haulage business, mostly working out of an auction house, sometimes doing house moves., We'd also do clearances - charge to take stuff away, flog stuff, then take the rest to a commercial tip and pay someone to get rid of it, but then the powers that be introduced licenses and my mate stopped doing it, cos he is a cash in hand kinda guy and it wasn't his main job, basically honest as the day is long as long as it's after the autumn equinox

this means that those left doing house clearances are either completely legit, or completely not legit, the cash in hand economy of blokes doing some jobs on the side whilst disposing of stuff properly has gone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:38 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only bloke I know who does house-clearances has a conviction for sitting in a tree looking through bedroom windows. I don't know where he takes his rubbish, but I do know where he throws his muck....

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:53 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dad used to do a few house clearances and a bit of rubbish removal

until the council started charging £30 to tip on the nearest trade waste site

this was 30 miles away so 60 mile round trip +and van expenses

so that was now 50 quid to remove waste before he even made any money himself even more if it was heavy stuff and needed a extra person

the local pikeys will do it for twenty

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:42 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
A van gets kicked out of the domestic refuse site and sent to one with a weigh bridge and is then charged (how much I don't know).

~£135/tonne

As above, I wonder how much it costs them to pick up a tonne of rubbish from a layby.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meter reader at the door. We had a smart meter fitted 6 days ago.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to have a tip permit for my van and car, there is ANPR on the gate and if an unpermitted vehicle rolls in, the tip
blokes have pagers and they get a text of your reg and come over to ensure you respect their rubbish tip authoritah.
Usually no permit means sling your hook and your vanload of crap in the nearest lane if you are a typical caravan utilising
nomadic traveller. The laybys and lanes round here get targetted often by such delightful folk.

Technically I'm not allowed to chuck trade waste and in the van I always get the beady eye on me, permit or not.
So I'm just constantly doing up a part of my house as far as they are concerned, got all the plasterboard offcuts and a
few bags of general rubbish to go from the pole studio job. I get 12 tip visits per year per vehicle, and if they want to get
bolshy about it, a 10 bag limit per visit. So I like to try and get rid of as big a vanload as I can hurriedly slung off before
the 'what's in the back' brigade turn up. Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:06 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bloke in the park pulls up behind the dog and I, walking at our usual slow pace, on his shitty mountain bike.
There's grass either side of us so he can easily get past but he starts ringing his bell, yes, a fucking bell.
The dog isn't moving out of the way because she's as deaf as a post.
He carries on with the bloody bell until I turn around and ask, 'Doesn't your mountain bike cope with flat grass?'
I could have got out of the way but bollocks to him.

Last edited by recman on 16:05 - 19 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The only bloke I know who does house-clearances has a conviction for sitting in a tree looking through bedroom windows. I don't know where he takes his rubbish, but I do know where he throws his muck....

Special branch?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:33 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchy self-checkout machines and people with British passports that don't speak any English Confused

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:50 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thing women do where they are all nicey nicey with each other and anyone else in range even though they hate each other. Its frankly wierd s#1t. I hate it. It's twisted negative behaviour. But because its women then it's labelled "feminine whiles etc"! Bulls#it! Its just grim nasty manipulative and creepy. Its probably responsible for more problems in society throughout history than we will ever be allowed to consider. Totally grinds my GEARS!!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:27 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its not.
Its called being polite and non-confrontational.

Why would we say "Fuck off out of my trolley, you donut-thieving pie-eating bitch"
When we can say "Excuse me, I believe that was *my* dozen bag of Krispy Kreme donuts that you just put into your trolley, I'm sure you must be mistaken".

Life is stressful enough without having to be honest about what ugly shitboxes we believe most other human beings to be.

After you pig fucker
No no, I insist, age before beauty you neanderthal munter.

I mean how does that sound?
Its not a nice way to behave, is it.

Be nice.
Save insults for really important handbaggings.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:13 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
No its not.
Its called being polite and non-confrontational.

Why would we say "Fuck off out of my trolley, you donut-thieving pie-eating bitch"
When we can say "Excuse me, I believe that was *my* dozen bag of Krispy Kreme donuts that you just put into your trolley, I'm sure you must be mistaken".

Life is stressful enough without having to be honest about what ugly shitboxes we believe most other human beings to be.

After you pig fucker
No no, I insist, age before beauty you neanderthal munter.

I mean how does that sound?
Its not a nice way to behave, is it.

Be nice.
Save insults for really important handbaggings.

So you think the only alternative when encountering a situation of contention is outright confrontation? So leaving you no other choice than to decend into a default position of disingenuous insincerity.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:47 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

So you think the only alternative when encountering a situation of contention is outright confrontation? So leaving you no other choice than to decend into a default position of disingenuous insincerity.

That or murder, yes Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:27 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Depends if you want them to go and cry to their mummy, I guess.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:36 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People getting angry about the new Star Wars Film. I'm a huge fanboy and I loved it. I have no problem with people not liking it but some people are apoplectic asif they are owed a film they like. Actual full grown adults having tantrums/signing petitions/declaring it has 'Ruined' Star Wars. The original films are still there, no one has taken them away from you.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
People getting angry about the new Star Wars Film. I'm a huge fanboy and I loved it. I have no problem with people not liking it but some people are apoplectic asif they are owed a film they like. Actual full grown adults having tantrums/signing petitions/declaring it has 'Ruined' Star Wars. The original films are still there, no one has taken them away from you.

And that is 1st world problems at it's best/worst. Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

No, I already stated that the alternative is "be nice".
If you find "being nice" (diplomacy) to be false and manipulative, then that really is a matter for your own introspection.

We're just "being nice" because that's what we've been encouraged to be, by our parents, teachers and peers.
Because its "what women do".
Nobody is saying they like it.
Feminists rail against it all the time, about the "unacceptable social mores" that "patriarchal society" inflicts upon them. Well diddums.

And slovenly old hags (like myself), mad cat and bag ladies bitterly resent having been forced to be that way, and still rebel against it like a ratty teenager, way into our middle age, by becoming "eccentric".

And yet ... if you were to encounter a woman who behaved as she liked, who swore, spat, scratched her arse, or spoke her mind in a way that you disapproved of, then what? You'd almost certainly have something to say about it (and an unsociable epithet to name her with). Oh yes, a slovenly cow, a dirty bitch, a gobby mare. I know, I've been called all of those for "being myself". Although to be fair, I've also been lauded for having the bollocks to be an individual, by people who can't bear the idea of stepping out of their perfect little social straitjackets.

People laugh at the old fashioned articles where it says "dress nicely and keep the children quiet when your husband arrives home from work; have a nice dinner on the table ready for him and hand him a martini, run the hoover round just before he gets there".

But it's actually NICE to provide a pleasant environment for people to live in, if you are able. In fact, it can be very gratifying to see people that you love being happy and comfortable, and knowing it is as a result of your efforts.

So if in order to provide that environment, you have to conform - how does the modern independent woman who likes to do what she wants, achieve that. By "getting along with everyone" regardless of what she really wants to do, i.e., by conforming.

Besides, which amongst us enjoys conforming?
Why are we (any of us) riding motorcycles? Possibly as a cheap form of transport, an easy way to get around. But very often as a form of freedom.
From what, then?
From conformity? From doing what you "should" when you don't want to.

So lets re-inspect the situation of having to deal with people you don't want to. The situation when there are too many people and of a particularly aberrant range of physiognomies and personalities, that you feel psychologically incapable of dealing with them in a pleasant and non-aggressive way. For whatever reason, or just for a bloody quiet life.

If a situation arises when you have to deal with someone you don't particularly like, when the options are not confrontation OR genuinely sincere communication (i.e., which only occurs when you know and like the person in question), then it can be generically labelled as diplomacy, which is really only a variant or particular shade of dishonest communication.

Let's be straight, for those of us who live in large cities (for example) very few of us want to have to mix with our fellow inhabitants. God only knows why we choose to live there, but we do.

So as it's virtually impossible, without being David Beckham, to have any one shop open so that ONLY YOU can do your shopping in it, you encounter other less interesting specimens of humanity. Short of ignoring them, one has to at least appear to willingly communicate with them whilst in their presence.

So you encounter all these frantically and mindlessly consuming mouth-breathers and their ghastly offspring, all conveying bacteria you don't really want.

I am often struck by the grinding awfulness of some people's ugliness. Whilst I can agree that I'm no oil painting myself, I do wonder how some people look in the mirror every day without blenching in complete terror. It's little wonder some women cover themselves in thick make-up, and many men wear hoodies. Its clearly a form of hiding from themselves.

So if I have to communicate with them, then I am polite but distant. If someone tries to talk to me, its not unknown for me to look back at them with a mystified and slightly wild-eyed stare, as though I were struck dumb, and eventually after shouting at me for what seems a lifetime, they just go away and annoy someone else.

In the same way, when I drive people around, I have to be "pleasant". We all have horror stories of the awful taxi driver they once had. I am not particularly interested in being that person. Not everybody wants to talk, I'm fine with that, we all want to just get there and not be pestered by some harridan.

And of the ones who do, some of them are pretty gruesome. I had a particularly gormless little Asian teenager as my first job yesterday, who insisted on sitting in the front seat. I don't know why I put my handbag on the back seat out of reach, instead of at his feet, I just did. He was annoying, with wonky teeth, and he smelt of curry. He was a carer for his mother, and had treated himself to a taxi ride back from a job interview he knew he would never get. The fare (somehow) only cost him £0.01p. I'll probably get it topped up in my "marketing payments", But that's his pointless horrid little life, and he brought it into my car. But he left my car happy and in a bright mood, despite a grinding existence.

Other certain types of people inflict themselves upon me and they stink of industrial levels of cheap domestic bleach. Probably because they have the cleanest house in the city. But in my cab, they stink of cheap cleaning products and I really am reluctant to engage them in conversation. But they have left my car having no idea how disdainful of them I really am. And they give me five stars for service, because I was such a nice lady.

Last week I took Nigel Farage home, and most of my friends are berating me for not having "drifted" the car and swung him into a lamp-post.

I think that my having not since returned to his address with a molotov cocktail and an insulting placard is a fairly reasonable way to behave towards a man at whose feet many people believe that all of this country's political ills can be laid, don't you?

In fact, he was completely polite towards me, in that same inoffensive way. Does he really want to talk to a fat middle-aged foreigner (yes) with too much lipstick on, who tries to encourage him to give up smoking (which none of us want to do until we're really ready).
I doubt it.
But he was pleasant, engaging, diplomatic, and we were both still human beings, and in one piece, by the end of the journey.

The job was booked in the name of someone else, and then he was bundled in. So one presumes they do that for a reason: so that nobody can call their mate and say "Oi, I'm just on my way to pick up that Nigel Farage, meet me at the junction of [n] and [n] with a tow-rope and a flame thrower, will ya, and we'll toast him like a marshmallow on the end of a noose."

I could have refused to take him, but that would have been confrontational and difficult (and after all, I'm a bread-head, it would have meant losing a perfectly good £15 fare)

Diplomacy, RibenaPidge ... its all about diplomacy.

Of course women know how to do it. Some are called gold diggers, others are called conniving bitches, but when they're being nice to you and you LIKE it, what are they then? : sexpots and sweethearts.

Despite a reputation for being blunt, men (especially politicians, and definitely allegedly sleazy ones like Nigel Farage) know perfectly well how to do it. Although to be fair, when he tore a strip off that gobshite socialist oik with the mad black hair on Question Time, I almost cheered him.

Yes, it is manipulation.
But the alternatives don't really promote any positive method of living, for anybody ... so why would you?
Unless you have to.

I've not finished, but in light of the increasingly Teffishness of my post, I'll stop now. And make a nice cup of tea.

Anyone want one?

https://img.maximummedia.ie/her_ie/eyJkYXRhIjoie1widXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvbWVkaWEtaGVyLm1heGltdW1tZWRpYS5pZS5zMy5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tXFxcL3dwLWNvbnRlbnRcXFwvdXBsb2Fkc1xcXC8yMDEyXFxcLzA3XFxcLzZhNzM0MTFkYzhmMWQ1ZGVlNTc1ZDE0NGI1ZDBiYjQ1YjdiYjBkMGQuanBnXCIsXCJ3aWR0aFwiOjY0NyxcImhlaWdodFwiOjM0MCxcImRlZmF1bHRcIjpcImh0dHBzOlxcXC9cXFwvd3d3Lmhlci5pZVxcXC9hc3NldHNcXFwvaW1hZ2VzXFxcL2hlclxcXC9uby1pbWFnZS5wbmc_dj00XCJ9IiwiaGFzaCI6IjJlZTE3YmNkNGM2MDVkOWFmYTdiYTFhMTE0OTdlNzhhMTFjOTYxOTIifQ==/6a73411dc8f1d5dee575d144b5d0bb45b7bb0d0d.jpg

Last edited by hellkat on 14:36 - 20 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Actual full grown adults having tantrums/signing petitions/declaring it has 'Ruined' Star Wars. The original films are still there, no one has taken them away from you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Have they really signed petitions about it?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I struggle with a sentence including the phrase "full grown adults" and the word "tantrum", surely such concepts are diametrically opposed.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't already spoken for Jen.... Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:24 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, you'd be happier with a pole dancer than a couch potato Laughing

When ya build me a sofa-surfing studio, I'll know that you mean it. Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 319, 320, 321 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 320 of 698