Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate texted me to go out for a spin. As I arrive at the rendezvous point, I have to do a u turn.
Put full RH lock on and the bike cuts out.

https://s9.postimg.cc/i5fgw9q6n/20180512_110855.jpg

One cable had gone and another was on the way.
Luckily I was only a couple of streets away from a friend who's handy with a soldering iron.

Oh yeah, it absolutely pissed down on the way home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Mate texted me to go out for a spin. As I arrive at the rendezvous point, I have to do a u turn.
Put full RH lock on and the bike cuts out.

https://s9.postimg.cc/i5fgw9q6n/20180512_110855.jpg

One cable had gone and another was on the way.
Luckily I was only a couple of streets away from a friend who's handy with a soldering iron.

Oh yeah, it absolutely pissed down on the way home.

That looks more like a cut than abrasion. Is there something sharp the wires have been against?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
K&C's home to the parking Nazis. I saw one hiding round the front of a guys van writing a ticket, whilst the guy was unloading the back Evil or Very Mad

If I was doing that job I'd love going after the 'I'm just going to be a couple of minutes' brigade as if the rules don't apply to them until it hits 10 minutes or something. Evil or Very Mad

One of the best 'fly on the wall' programmes I watched was the DVLA bloke going around and clamping untaxed vehicles. The amount of white van men who looked like they were going to have apoplexy when they came back to their vehicle was so satisfying. Cool

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
If I was doing that job I'd love going after the 'I'm just going to be a couple of minutes' brigade as if the rules don't apply to them until it hits 10 minutes or something. Evil or Very Mad

Well when you're doing 30-40 drops per day it's impossible to pay for parking. I've actually found you get less hassle parking on a yellow line with your hazards on than if you try to be considerate and park in a proper bay.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
That looks more like a cut than abrasion. Is there something sharp the wires have been against?

Its a fatigue break. There are no sharp or metal edges to cut anything.
I wonder if it's worth moaning about it to Triumph.
The potential for an accident due to bad design is clear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 12 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Why not. Do you use Pure Triumph Woburn? They have always done me pretty well when I have had a moan about something.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerdy one; I managed to simultaneously make two drives unbootable, and I've no idea how. I had disk manager and a piece of drive cloning software open, but didn't make any changes with them. Luckily they were both clean installs so I didn't lose any data, but it's still annoying.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Why not. Do you use Pure Triumph Woburn? They have always done me pretty well when I have had a moan about something.

The bike was bought from there.
I think I'll pop over in person.

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosquitoes, buzzing round me while trying to work on my bike and then there's a few in my bedroom as well. grrr.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

That is some poor cable routing, when the motorcycle can chew the wires like that. That being said, I've never had this issue and the newest bike I've ever owned was 20+ years old when I got it. I guess you won't be the first nor last Triumph customer to have this issue. Thinking

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
Mosquitoes, buzzing round me while trying to work on my bike and then there's a few in my bedroom as well. grrr.

Buy a plug in mosquito killer for the house, and Avon Skin so Soft as a general purpose repellant (and oh so soft skin).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
recman wrote:

That is some poor cable routing, when the motorcycle can chew the wires like that. That being said, I've never had this issue and the newest bike I've ever owned was 20+ years old when I got it. I guess you won't be the first nor last Triumph customer to have this issue. Thinking

I think they changed the routing but I believe that was already by 2010.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuckin Ralphie.
He stepped in my eye whilst chasing MCW's cat across my face.

My first panicked thought was "OMG has he broken my glasses?"
Fortunately not.

So I don't think I have a black eye but if I wake up in the morning with even a slight appearance of one, there will be trouble. Laughing

Bad dog Mr. Green Middle Finger

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:56 - 13 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Fuckin Ralphie....

My first panicked thought was "OMG has he broken my glasses?"
Fortunately not.

That's mad! Gracie broke my favourite wrap around perving shades yesterday. I'm quite miffed about it.
So my mrs was getting the frisbee out of her bag for the dog, but Gracie was dead keen and jumping up to get it
before it was fully out of the bag, so to divert her my mrs said " Look what daddys got" just as I'd taken my glasses
off to give them a quick wipe on my tee shirt cos they were a bit grubby. And that furry bellend ran over and with
one chomp bit them in two. Shocked You know when you find a pair of shades that suit your face... These were perfect for mine.
Now they are in the bin and are discontinued just to make matters worse. I wore those shades for most of my R66 roadtrip
on my honeymoon. Totes gutted. Crying or Very sad

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Think I've pulled an intercostal muscle low down on my right side. It feels like a stitch and, thinking about it, I've had it several times before so it must be a weakness on that side. As far as I can recall it started when I bent down to pick something off the floor last weekend.

I have pulled one high up on the left-hand side of my back. It's constantly pulling, almost healing then pulling again and it's pretty fucking depressing to be honest. It seems like it doesn't quite ever have a chance to fully heal and strengthen before I tear it again.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:57 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Which rules?

My gears are being ground by people making sloppy, sweeping statements today, and up with this I will not put.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Which rules?

My gears are being ground by people making sloppy, sweeping statements today, and up with this I will not put.

The parking rules that say NO PARKING. Or stripy yellow lines put on the road for a reason, not decoration Razz

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:06 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thermometer tells me it is 21.4c in my shop next to where I am standing but I feel so cold I have a jumper, thick shirt and vest underneath on.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:57 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The parking rules that say NO PARKING. Or stripy yellow lines put on the road for a reason, not decoration Razz

Where will you find signs or lines prohibiting "parking"?

I think if you want Ze Rules enforced that it's important that you know them.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephen_o wrote:
thermometer tells me it is 21.4c in my shop next to where I am standing but I feel so cold I have a jumper, thick shirt and vest underneath on.

Influensa virus. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today (so far) I have had nothing to moan about.
Luckily (for Ralphie and his gladsome owner) I haven't got a black eye.

But I am about to go out in the despised Prius for the evening, so watch this space Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Where will you find signs or lines prohibiting "parking"?

I think if you want Ze Rules enforced that it's important that you know them.

Stopping? waiting? giving her a quickie in the back seat?

They all result in a demand for money if you are stopped in the wrong place you fussy bugger.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Or stripy yellow lines put on the road for a reason, not decoration Razz

Genuine gear grind, why do they not apply all the time then? When I work weekends you often see people parked blocking traffic islands etc., and there are certain roads I know I can't get my van down. Does no one drive on the weekends? Thinking

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs on trains, the Nottingham to Birmingham train to be precise. It was hot today, a lady got on the train at Beeston and it was already full. I was sat right by the toilet as I never had a reservation and it was the only seat I could find, I did not want to sit in the wheel chair bay. Woman with dog gets on. 10 minutes into the journey the dog does a dump on the train and falls asleep.

It just stank, woman never cleared it up, not a train guard in site, train was delayed for an hour as well.

https://i66.tinypic.com/2wp8npu.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:43 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Dogs on trains ....

the dog does a dump on the train ...
... woman never cleared it up

Not the dog's fault.
Owner is a minging cunt.
You should have flushed her head down the toilet
OR
Forced her head out the window so another passing train smashed it off, the lazy slag.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 364 of 698