Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 450, 451, 452 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:26 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
When I get ready to ight the stove, and there's strong wind, soot particles can be pushed down the flue. When I light it, smoke can be blown into the room (unless I use some white spirit/paraffin/whatever to make it light fast and defeat the downdraught).

Grr! Cough, sweep....

Without questioning your abilities and methods, have you read the manual? Operating a stove isn't just about burning flammable stuff in it. Also when was the last time you swept the chimney?

When there's a downdraught (we are having March winds) it is countered by having a decent amount of heat all of a sudden which warms the flue (not a chimney) and all is well. "Ordinary" paper & kindling does not catch fast enough to warm the flue, and the downdraught spews smoke out. If it's blowing a gale and the unlit stove door is opened some bits of soot can be blown out. Good thing the hearth is wide (oops, that should go in "what oils my gears"). FYI I do know how to operate a woodstove Smile. Would you like a picture of it?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a bit wary lately about a possible stalker - but it turns out he's probably a peeping tom.

Caught him *actually* wanking at my front window this evening.

He's been out there before, but I had decided to be charitable and assume he was a roadman.

But no.
I looked up from my laptop and he was standing right in the corner of my front garden giving it large with the up-and-down hand movements, staring straight in at me. I think I've had more than enough experience of viewing hand jobs to know one when I see one, he wasn't just adjusting his trousers.

Plus, he must have had to wriggle past the main window of the bay and past the buddeleia, to get into the corner of my tiny front garden, had obviously planned it, so that he was less likely to be seen from the street Shocked

My curtains are broken, they fell down yesterday but I'm a bit frit of the stepladder since I nearly fell off it whilst changing a light bulb, and my fella is away working, so I was sat here with the curtains half hanging down.

I even had on a respectable dress, not even a t-shirt and knickers or any saucy skirt.

Its the third incident that I have become aware of in the last two months so I put a report into the Met online thingie.

Funny but not funny. Rolling Eyes

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 07:58 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Smiler had 4 cocks flopped into his peep hole at the first bbq I went to so basically anything goes.

Sick Jeez.. whats wrong with a few beers instead fgs.

Anyway, pretty sure I will be busy that weekend... and next year too.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:24 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHattrick wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Smiler had 4 cocks flopped into his peep hole at the first bbq I went to so basically anything goes.

Sick Jeez.. whats wrong with a few beers instead fgs.

Anyway, pretty sure I will be busy that weekend... and next year too.

Good, because that's not the attitude. Gotta take dick or you're out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Good, because that's not the attitude. Gotta take dick or you're out.

Look, I will be the first to admit I enjoy a good sausage at a BBQ, but I'm talking Cumberland or Salami.
If you can promise no Bloedwurst or Chipolatas (and no sauce) then, what the hell, I'm in.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I've been a bit wary lately about a possible stalker - but it turns out he's probably a peeping tom.

He's been out there before, but I had decided to be charitable and assume he was a roadman.

But no.
I looked up from my laptop and he was standing right in the corner of my front garden giving it large with the up-and-down hand movements, staring straight in at me. I think I've had more than enough experience of viewing hand jobs to know one when I see one, he wasn't just adjusting his trousers.

Plus, he must have had to wriggle past the main window of the bay and past the buddeleia, to get into the corner of my tiny front garden, had obviously planned it, so that he was less likely to be seen from the street Shocked

My curtains are broken, they fell down yesterday but I'm a bit frit of the stepladder since I nearly fell off it whilst changing a light bulb, and my fella is away working, so I was sat here with the curtains half hanging down.

I even had on a respectable dress, not even a t-shirt and knickers or any saucy skirt.

Its the third incident that I have become aware of in the last two months so I put a report into the Met online thingie.

It's not me. Honest. Me wanting to know about the ANPR database has nothing to do with it.

Serious stuff though - be safe please.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

But no.

That's not on. Direct action in the form of a clout around the head would seem appropriate, as I doubt the rozzers will commit much resource to it. Any 'handy' local BCF'ers up to the job?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

But no.

Just be careful, there's enough loonies around to warrant carrying a rape alarm. Thumbs Up

(or a stun gun).
Whistle

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
... I doubt the rozzers will commit much resource to it.

That might get the wrong attention. Have you seen the film "In the Heat of the Night"? There's a scene where Deputy Sam Wood changes his route.....

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This escalates things beyond just "some boy hanging around outside", so things will have to change, LOL

I've got/have put more assorted "security measures" in place , including the number of my local police station on my phone, and a friend has offered to stay around if I get worried, as my bloke is often away.

I'll have to tell my neighbour upstairs, but I am wary of making her more nervous than she already is, but she needs to be aware, regardless. Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a standard response from the rozzers by email but what annoys me more is that until they turn up to take more information, I can't have a fucking joint, LOL - otherwise they'll think its all in my head.

I was straight as a judge, last night, hadn't been imbibing for over 24 hours prior to then, but now I *neeeeeeed* a spliff and I can't have one else it will be all 'ello 'ello 'ello, wot ave we ere then? and I'll be the one at fault Evil or Very Mad

I may have to venture out in the garden.
But the sharp-eyed rozzers can always tell when someone is intoxicato Laughing ... woe is me Laughing

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Stuff about a wanker in her garden:

Speak to the police again and make them take notice.
Get those curtains sorted ASAP.

Have you thought about a PIR light fixed up in the front?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
But the sharp-eyed rozzers can always tell when someone is intoxicato Laughing ... woe is me Laughing

Just tell them you're sure you saw a gun in his pocket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:
A100man wrote:
That's not on. Direct action in the form of a clout around the head would seem appropriate, as I doubt the rozzers will commit much resource to it. Any 'handy' local BCF'ers up to the job?

Yeah me. I'll do it. What's your address? I'll camp out all night if I have to. I'm not a stalker or a peeping Tom, promise.

Arcane once promised to do exactly the same thing, outside a bike thief's house.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that really grinds my gears is a common event mid-morning at work.

I go to the bog, settle down in my trap for a nice long shit on company time. Whereupon a cleaner enters the room and yells "Is anyone in?"

Not only does this wreck the whole plan, it is also extremely socially awkward Sad
Response depends on whether anyone else is in and consists of either "YES", "NO", or say nothing and GTFO.

It happens so frequently I think of it now as 'being IAI'd'

There is no solution to this problem. I've tried and failed Sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the enjoyment to be had of shitting on the bosses' time, but I much prefer to have my clearout at home.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Speak to the police again and make them take notice.
Get those curtains sorted ASAP.

Have you thought about a PIR light fixed up in the front?

Yeah I have although there is a street light almost directly outside which hasn't stopped him. Rolling Eyes
I'm going to have to get the steps back out and fix the curtain back up there somehow. i wish I could go back to the bad old "dustsheet tacked up" days.

Still not managed to catch up with my upstairs neighbour, but I am pretty sure once I've discussed it with her, she will be anxious for the police to be involved. At the very least, I think we will probably agree to request the landlord give us more secure locks.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Still not managed to catch up with my upstairs neighbour, but I am pretty sure once I've discussed it with her, she will be anxious for the police to be involved.

If you don't keep prodding them (sorry), then they are far less likely to do anything, I have found.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayday calls on tv dramas and also movies.

I don't recall ever seeing one done correctly.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Still not managed to catch up with my upstairs neighbour, but I am pretty sure once I've discussed it with her, she will be anxious for the police to be involved.

If you don't keep prodding them (sorry), then they are far less likely to do anything, I have found.

It's the squeaky door that gets the oil..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 9 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 450, 451, 452 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 451 of 698