Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVLA web services win the prize today.

Currently have £160 sitting in a DVLA "holding" account after two failed attempts to put the private reg
on our Swift (which we part exchanged today) onto retention. They took our money twice but failed to perform the
actual task which in turn caused a massive faff and delay today when picking up the new car this morning. I may have
handled this better had we not had a huge search for the spare key for our old car just to discover it is in the storage
unit with a load of stuff from our house which is all away for the duration of the (delayed Rolling Eyes ) build. This meant
a minor domestic and an urgent trip to the storage and a further search to yield said key. This meant an hour late to
collect the new car when they then failed miserably to perform a relatively simple task of putting my plate on retention.

We have to wait a few days until we have been refunded and we shall try again ourselves. This means of course that he has
my old car, but I still have the Swifts V5 and more faffing to do before I can get the reg sorted. Spoke to DVLA from
the car dealer "Oh yeah,that's been a bit iffy for a few days" the goon said. "Don't worry we have your money in a
holding account it's quite safe" Oh that's alright then. Don't you turn the fucker off till it's working properly eh?? It's
only other peoples money. Amazed at DOOVLAs open admission they have a "We fucked up" holding account where they
sit on probably millions of £££s at any given time earning them interest year round while they get their shit together
performing simple admin tasks. Was looking forward to today and it's been a pain in the cock right from the get-go.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:41 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been fine if you weren't a tart with a custom plate Razz Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:21 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be absolutely honest, we thought we were going to be unable to tax it too as that did the same "buffering" thing
frozen on the payment screen just like it had twice with the reg retention attempts. It's the wifes private plate. Razz
Mine's on the Spacker and would be on retention before I started looking for a new bike. A sound course of action I
suggested to my wife (aka the person who sealed the Swifts spare key away in a box going to storage 3 months ago)
at least a year ago when we first started looking for a new car "let's get the reg off the car now" I said " I still have the
old plates" I said Wink Thing is when you are married you have to just handle these kind of things and not kill her, it's in the rules.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to see it's not just me who has misdealings with DVLA.
That department can only get worse as they re-contract the work out and squeeze even more money from the costs..

Edit: I don't mean I'm pleased it's affecting you - just that I'm not alone in detesting the thing.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:30 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a balls up every time I deal with them tbh. What a great reputation for utter incompetence they have.
It will have taken literally a few years of Welsh, union led incompetence to achieve such a reputation ever since it was
"streamlined" and the local offices were closed down due to their super duper database and web services going "live".
Live but only live between the hours of 7AM to 7PM and which appears to still be in Beta format and requires a full time
human babysitter to process all it's various mistakes. But at least it gives them something else to blame for their
overall level of shitness. How is a supposed 24hour web service only available during slightly extended office hours??
It's a Government department where even their websites only work half a day. I shouldn't be that surprised, but imagine
if you couldn't use Ebay or Amazon between 7pm and 7am, they would lose three quarters of their revenue.
Cherished numbers nets DVLA way more millions every single year than selling our details does, you'd think they
would use some of said millions to make the service work around the clock. I supposed sitting on my money in a holding
account is their band aid for this problem that requires open website surgery. I'm sure the interest accrued on that account
is quite a sum.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Like my last dealings: Took 4 attempts to get my log book details correct. Imagine the savings they could make if they actually got things right first time?

I remember those local offices - they were awesome!

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encounered another dvd from Deep Space 9 that has gone rotten, disc 3 of season 4 so that makes 2 rotten dvd's... I managed to get a replacement for season 3 disc 3 for a fiver, now I hope I can be lucky again and get this latest disc replaced.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
Encounered another dvd from Deep Space 9 that has gone rotten, disc 3 of season 4 so that makes 2 rotten dvd's... I managed to get a replacement for season 3 disc 3 for a fiver, now I hope I can be lucky again and get this latest disc replaced.

Not saying legally this is correct but if you own the DVDs then

a) Are you entitled to rip them to other formats?

b) Regardless you can get torrents of said episodes... so I'm told Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been up long enough for anything to annoy me today.
Stayed in bed til 3.30 Shocked

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:

DVD shrink to recover?

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 16 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Courier265 wrote:
Encountered another dvd from Deep Space 9 that has gone rotten, disc 3 of season 4 so that makes 2 rotten dvd's... I managed to get a replacement for season 3 disc 3 for a fiver, now I hope I can be lucky again and get this latest disc replaced.

DVD shrink to recover?

Actually I'm ripping dvd's then recoding them, DVD shrink stalls, it will only allow 2 titles out of 4.

All the ISO files get stored on an external, it's all part of backing dvd's up.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 17 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying two heavy widgets, £50 each, from a website offering free delivery for over £30. At checkout I get "because your order is heavy and requires two parcels we're going to surcharge you by £2". So obviously I delete one of my widgets from the order and go ahead; then place a completely new order for the second widget, with no surcharge.

Result is twice the admin for the customer, for the credit card company, for the retailer and for the courier, but exactly the same number and weight of parcels to shift. Well done guys, you really thought that one through didn't you?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 days of assorted shite and long hours at work completed.
Today is my day off and the missus gives me a list of jobs SHE WANTS done!
I wish I had the courage to say no Sad Shocked

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
9 days of assorted shite and long hours at work completed.
Today is my day off and the missus gives me a list of jobs SHE WANTS done!
I wish I had the courage to say no Sad Shocked

I've got one of them as well. She was awesome until we got married and then she turned into a right tyrant.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annnnnnnnnnnnd what does my gears in today is an Anal Fissure. I took a fair bit of co-codomol recently for a back pain, resulted in constipation. I've squeezed one out with such determination/force/grunt that it's ripped my arse lining (want for a better description). So every time I take a dump it burns like mad.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Annnnnnnnnnnnd what does my gears in today is an Anal Fissure. I took a fair bit of co-codomol recently for a back pain, resulted in constipation. I've squeezed one out with such determination/force/grunt that it's ripped my arse lining (want for a better description). So every time I take a dump it burns like mad.

Yeah but once it heals, fisting will be fun!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like it's been raining for days and I've got a cold. Don't tell me it's June.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Feels like it's been raining for days and I've got a cold. Don't tell me it's June.

It's been a beautiful day here in Cumbria Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice. Mad

Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 18 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
King29 wrote:

Yeah but once it heals, fisting will be fun!

You are Ste's long lost brother and I claim my £5. Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:20 - 19 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I rarely get sunburn and working outside has given me a neck that looks like I stole it from a North African but today my neck managed to blister in the sun....

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:26 - 19 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three attempts to change reg now. Money taken a third time. Reg still assigned to old car. As things stand I have a V5
for a car I no longer own and the people we sold it to have a car they can't fucking sell until we get our reg back. How
the FUCK is this website still in BETA literally years after its launch?? Will have to go postal this time, there goes the free
window to change reg on my insurance without incurring an admin fee.

EDIT - £240 recovered via call to bank as it finally transpired DVLA couldn't (or wouldn't more like) be able to refund
the monies directly. What a complete shambles. This will take weeks now. Had to phone car dealer this morning to explain.
Will try 1 last time when V5 for the Mazda arrives this time to transfer it directly to that as opposed to putting it on retention
first. By that point both cars will be in my name which should make transfer a quick & painless process. Rolling Eyes
They have 10 days to do this then I lose the final remaining full months RFL refund too as the Swift is due tax
in August and is strictly speaking still my car. Cheers DVLA. Middle Finger

Last edited by grr666 on 10:31 - 19 Jun 2019; edited 1 time in total

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 19 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Employers faux 'appreciation'.

Started off as lunch as a thank you for the continued shit we put up with as a part of multiple company integrations.

Reality: No starters, no alcohol and pre-order from the 'set menu' so lunch isn't longer than 45mins!

Gee thanks...

Fucking off elsewhere.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 20 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
Employers faux 'appreciation'.

I can't stand all that crap, always turn down anything they think I might appreciate.
I didn't bother going to my 25 year service 'lunch' where I would have had to have worn a badge with my name on it so that the bosses would have known who the fuck I was.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 20 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance Rolling Eyes

Yes, I know it's totally unfathomable but I've just had a real stupid one.

Wifey has decided it would be good to have a town car again for her to use when lugging grandkids and dogs around because she doesn't like driving my Jaguar as it's too big and powerful. Rolling Eyes

I agreed (mainly because she's already scratched the Jag and she thinks I haven't noticed, I have).

So went looking for something smallish, small CC but four door and room for a woofer in the back.

She quite liked the Citroen C3 Sick and the Vauxhall Meriva Puke so I chucked these through comparison sites and got silly insurance quotes. £400 ish FC.

So phoned up Direct line with whom I have a multicar discount with both my Jag and wifies cabriolet. After going through all the questions (even though they already have our details) the girl on the phone said thanks, that comes out at £520. Shocked Pardon, £520 Sir. Hold on, my Jaguar with nigh on 3 times the power and an insurance group of 40 was a hundred quid less than that, why so expensive?

She couldn't tell me. She played around with mileage figures and TPFT (it was more than FC) and other things but couldn't get it down.

So I am totally at a loss why a bog standard sh1t box on wheels is more to insure than a big luxury car. 5 years NCD on shit box and 8 on Jaguar so not a huge difference there.

Insurance still manages to totally come up with twatish results which I know I should expect but WTF.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 479 of 698