Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 483, 484, 485 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
Must admit those 'bet this puppy pic doesn't get shared' posts are annoying. They're like a modern 'share this photo of money and you'll be rich' thing.

What's wrong with puppy pictures you miserable cvnt?

It's racist unless you post kitten pictures too.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:34 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gashed the tip of my index finger on my right hand while I was washing the car yesterday. My hands had been wet for
ages and it was the edge of a door sill plate that got me. It PISSED blood. But hey ho, one of those things etc but
what's pissing me off more is that I can't use my touch-scroll wheel on my mouse because I have several plasters around
that finger. Trying to read the news this morning has been a relatively long winded affair. Plus I can't really type with it either.
Trying to figure out a way to coat the tip of the finger in bacon or some other thin, organic material.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Gashed the tip of my index finger on my right hand while I was washing the car yesterday. My hands had been wet for
ages and it was the edge of a door sill plate that got me. It PISSED blood. But hey ho, one of those things etc but
what's pissing me off more is that I can't use my touch-scroll wheel on my mouse because I have several plasters around
that finger. Trying to read the news this morning has been a relatively long winded affair. Plus I can't really type with it either.
Trying to figure out a way to coat the tip of the finger in bacon or some other thin, organic material.

Nip down to a decent sized pharmacy and you can get finger specific sticking plasters Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just go and buy a pair of gloves that have the phone-friendly fingertips. TK Maxx usually sell them, prolly cost you a tenner but it might get you through the worst of it Laughing

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or... maybe.. just use another finger.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 07 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped a box of eggs on the kitchen floor. Had wanted poached eggs, had to have scrambled.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My employer.

Just had a young lad from team next to me, walk out. He's had a few MH problems lately.

Managed to get to chat to him on WhatsApp becuase no one else seemed to think of that.

The managers just seem to think their obligations stop at putting a poster for the "employee assistance program". They probably like suicides, there's no doubt a clase excluding it from the death in service benefit.

We had a young guy take his life just before Christmas in 2014. The Yanks couldn't give a fuck and didn't even acknowledge it becuase it "didn't happen on company property".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikea "wobblyshakythings". Dear God, their flatpack furniture is crap. Chipboard with a plastic foil over. I got mine free, but still. People buy this stuff new! Hell.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHattrick wrote:
Or... maybe.. just use another finger.

Feels as weird as left foot braking does. Also I have a few metres of silicone to smooth and caulk to apply.
Using a smoothing tool is like the difference between a dildo and the real thing (I'd imagine) and I can't really get
it wet yet or it's likely to start gushing blood again.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
My employer.

Just had a young lad from team next to me, walk out. He's had a few MH problems lately.

Managed to get to chat to him on WhatsApp becuase no one else seemed to think of that.

The managers just seem to think their obligations stop at putting a poster for the "employee assistance program". They probably like suicides, there's no doubt a clase excluding it from the death in service benefit.

We had a young guy take his life just before Christmas in 2014. The Yanks couldn't give a fuck and didn't even acknowledge it becuase it "didn't happen on company property".

Try working for a mental health charity which has the same attitude.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer cold. FML.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:50 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Try working for a mental health charity which has the same attitude.

And here lies the problem.

That charities have employees?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Summer cold. FML.

Try imagining standing at a bus stop in the wind and rain in winter with the same cold. See, you feel better already! Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
And here lies the problem.

If you gave £1000 to charity you'd think that a good chunk of that would go to wherever they were rattling the tin for but then you have to factor in all the wages (the only unpaid ppl will be the bottom rung of volunteers) rent, costs to third parties (stationary, advertisers, etc.) all the normal running costs of a business...

And then the money left after all that goes to a good cause? Nope, more likely an investment fund. If you're lucky the interest from that fund might go somewhere.

It's probably more efficient and obviously all legal and above board but it feels a bit... weird Sad

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:18 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird that it costs money to run a charity?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a difficult one.

Charities are businesses despite what people think. You aren't going to get a good managing director of a big charity without paying the going rate.

So, do you put up with that because (some) charities do absolutely amazing work where no government funded group could go or do you change the whole precept - make it a business that pays taxes and all associated costs. The managing director of Oxfam pays income tax. If he didn't Oxfam could pay him less and still get the same quality of applicant. So why shouldn't Oxfam pay taxes just like a normal business.

The moaning from some boaters about the salarys paid in the Canal & river trust (charity for upkeep of canals and rivers) and they seem to expect them to work for nothing borders on abject stupidity. Yet tell them their own job as media consultant or whatever is a waste of money and listen to the vitriol.

In the end, I just don't give to any charity except the RNLI and that is purely selfish as I might need them one day.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

In the end, I just don't give to any charity except the RNLI and that is purely selfish as I might need them one day.

This but Air Ambulance. I wouldn't get into the sea if you paid me.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate works for Oxfam as a bid manager. Something to do with bidding fro EU money for projects overseas. He's done it all his working life with various charities and lived in far flung places like Georgia an the Yemen. Whole lotta money in doing good..
..and lets not get started on the London Marathon.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out my 19 year old stepson has got his girlfriend up the duff. I just enrolled him in college too as I thought he had a brain. Now he can fend for himself. I have paid for his education for the last 10 years and just as I thought he had grown up I hear this. Bollox to him .. before he was a boy, now he is going to have to grow the fcuk up as a man!!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Just found out my 19 year old stepson has got his girlfriend up the duff. I just enrolled him in college too as I thought he had a brain. Now he can fend for himself. I have paid for his education for the last 10 years and just as I thought he had grown up I hear this. Bollox to him .. before he was a boy, now he is going to have to grow the fcuk up as a man!!

Might not be all his fault? Could she have come off the pill without him knowing etc.

It probably is though. Young males think through their genitals. Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Might not be all his fault? Could she have come off the pill without him knowing etc.

It probably is though. Young males think through their genitals. Laughing

This is in the Philippine Pb, apparently she stayed at my house when my wife and children came to stay with me in China. Birth control in PH is not high on priority lists, yes, both their faults to be fair, but it's the last straw. Maybe I will calm down after talking to my wife tomorrow, but there will be many bills to pay and I am not bailing him out this time.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Ste wrote:

Many of whom at the top are vastly overpaid using your donation money.

I really doubt they are.

These charities are multi billion pound organisations. With a company that size in the business world the people at the top would be the best of the best and they don't come cheap.

Just because it's a charity people don't reduce their wage demands.

It's only the volunteer foot soldiers (read cannon fodder) at the sharp end that are ethical/stupid enough to do it for pennies.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

This is in the Philippine Pb, apparently she stayed at my house when my wife and children came to stay with me in China. Birth control in PH is not high on priority lists, yes, both their faults to be fair, but it's the last straw. Maybe I will calm down after talking to my wife tomorrow, but there will be many bills to pay and I am not bailing him out this time.

Is it the sort of society her father is liable to come round with a shotgun to march him up the aisle?

I must admit knowing little about the Philippine culture which is a bit poor considering the years I worked in Borneo and mainland Malaysia.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 483, 484, 485 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 484 of 698