Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 521, 522, 523 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
W*nkers littering cash machines.
They get print-offs of what they have in the bank and then bin the tickets all over the machines - why not just view it via the screen?
Is this some new way that people brag about what they have in the bank or something?

We live in a society where people will take anything if offered for free, even if they have no need for it.

See "food banks". Anyone in this country who pretends they can't afford food is either stupid or not prioritising properly.

My friend, who is a very clever mathematician, had a wife who secretly drank the household into considerable debt.
His priority was to feed his kids so he was forced into visiting a food bank. I would have bought him a few bags of shopping had I known.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you just wander into a food bank and say 'I'm skint and hungry' and get given groceries or do you have to prove it?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sh1t on the floor and that should do the trick...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
gargling soliliquy

The realisation dawned on me the other day it was probably doing the latter which got me the tonsillitis in the first place.

I tried to blame the flu jab ... Shifty but when I thought about it ... Shifty the dates didn't match up

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Do you just wander into a food bank and say 'I'm skint and hungry' and get given groceries or do you have to prove it?

I'm cynical about food banks in the UK. I find it hard to believe they're necessary.

In theory you need a referral from a 'care professional' such as doctor, social worker, health visitor, the police or someone from the Citizens Advice Bureau. If you've been referred you'll be given a food bank voucher.

However, it's not clear what evidence is required, and there's no motivation for those "care professionals" to prevent you hoovering up food donations and surplus food "charitably" donated by supermarkets. It's easier and more heart-warming to just hand over the voucher.

In theory there is a limit on the frequency of visits but some food banks will openly hand out food to all-comers without referrals. Most people will be embarrassed to ask but the serial scroungers will happily claim all sorts of unproven hardships for free food, and visit different food banks to avoid detection.

I remember in my first year at university it was announced that there were additional funds available for anyone struggling with finances, and I knew a few genuine cases, but the rich kids were the ones openly emptying their accounts so as to show evidence of poverty and claim the cash. They were money-orientated like their parents.

The crowd once known as the working class (who are now the middle class, one up from the underclass) are the only ones with self-respect.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:58 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arai's new VAS visor system. Complicated and no better than the old visor fitment.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:26 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I wanted to stab everyone. Good job I was home alone.

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

You need some sort of referral. Doctor, social worker that sort of type.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:01 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
How did your clever friend not notice his wife pissed all day long?

No one noticed my insanely well hidden 12 month long opioid addiction, some people are really REALLY good at hiding things. No one knew I was off my face until I passed out after destroying my liver and kidneys.

Addictions are easy to hide for some.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddarello, are you even more fucked up than you previously were, dude?
Come, lets get fucked up together, my love Wub

I am slowly transforming into the sophisticated nutjob I always knew I was.
Lets go crezzy together, bebeh.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fucking airport dogs are going to go mental. I took out my cabin baggage sportsbag to do my final-day organisation thing, and discovered an eighth of weed in it from the last time I went away. Fuck Shocked

Rolling Eyes doh Rolling Eyes
Laughing Shocked

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellkat for a moment I thought you meant about the Quavers!

I have a keen - least that's what we call them up here. Chapped skin where it's thick. I sometimes get them after working with cement. Skin splits and forms a deep cut that will take months to heal. Very painful if stuff pokes into them and this one is on the thumb on my good hand.
I am royally p*ssed off at this one Sad

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:20 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Paddarello, are you even more fucked up than you previously were, dude?
Come, lets get fucked up together, my love Wub

This was in 2009, it caused a breakdown of my long term relationship, I got kicked out of my parents house and I had a very bad time Crying or Very sad

Good now though. I guess. I don't touch painkillers now so there's a bonus, injuries just hurt Laughing

But yeah, let's get fucked up together, if by fucked up you mean dominos get a big order out of us then sure, I'm game Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do hot dog pizzas now, with mustard mayonnaise Wub
Although I think the cheeseburger pizza is always gonna be my favourite, LOL

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:04 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
They do hot dog pizzas now, with mustard mayonnaise Wub
Although I think the cheeseburger pizza is always gonna be my favourite, LOL

Not this week, cos am vegan for a week. Neutral

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my fantastic day Friday and that trip to Wales, I'm paying the price
now, I'm stiff, sore and where the hell did that bruise come from? when
I was getting my kit on this morning I saw this nasty bruise near my
elbow. Totally baffled on how that got there!

I have to do just two things today, replace the bulb for the number plate
on my Black Inazuma (hell knows when that blew) which is going to be
a bugger to do. I want to fill up the CBF so I can work out the MPG from
the trip home last night.

At the moment I can't be arsed to leave the comfort of my very warm
house.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will depend where you live. My relatively small town has 2 foodbanks and a decent bus route. So saying many this and very few that isn't useful information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
The fucking airport dogs are going to go mental. I took out my cabin baggage sportsbag to do my final-day organisation thing, and discovered an eighth of weed in it from the last time I went away. Fuck Shocked

Rolling Eyes doh Rolling Eyes
Laughing Shocked

Ouch, get ready for the rubber glove dear!

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
gargling soliliquy

The realisation dawned on me the other day it was probably doing the latter which got me the tonsillitis in the first place.

Oh dear now I feel everso slightly queasy.. Sick

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 09 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand concessionary transport is available, and free if you are a pensioner.

Many? That could be tens, hundreds or thousands.

People taking more than they need or indeed want is as old as time.
People wanting to help those in need is thankfully likewise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 10 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
recman wrote:

My friend, who is a very clever mathematician, had a wife who secretly drank the household into considerable debt.
His priority was to feed his kids so he was forced into visiting a food bank. I would have bought him a few bags of shopping had I known.

As I said, stupid or not prioritising properly. How did your clever friend not notice his wife pissed all day long? Did they not have joint finances? Did he not bother checking the bank statement?

Or did he choose to ignore it because it was easier?

If I deemed you worthy of going through the details of my friends situation I would, but I don't, so I won't.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 521, 522, 523 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 522 of 698