Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 543, 544, 545 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:02 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
On a side note: How do staff become nurses without even knowing basic English? It can't be safe.

In pretty much the same way minicab drivers got to be minicab drivers.
No stringent English tests.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
(nurses) No stringent English tests.

"The NMC requires nurses and midwives to achieve set grades in either the International English Language Testing System or the Occupational English Test." (- Nursing Times)

There are samples online. Is there a way around these, or are they low-expectation tests?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:42 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to soft play with the little bastard (tm) this morning only to discover my wallet was in my bike trousers pocket.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegan sausage roll from Gregg's. Had that and a cappuccino for dinner, 1 hour later I got the s4itts really bad, stomach cramps the lot. This vegan food is not all it's cracked up to be.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clue is in the name.
Quote:
vegan food

Rolling Eyes

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:39 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered a vegan diet...

Kill the vegan, grill the vegan, eat the vegan Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my daughter has to have regular blood tests in order to receive the new medication she's on.
Blood test done, sample lost. Cuckin' funts!
It's just the latest installment in a catalogue of fvck ups during this whole process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:21 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brighton Station £4.00 for a sausage roll! Go fuck yourself you thieving bastards Evil or Very Mad

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Council web sites, designed so that you will never get what you need but get told all about what you don't need.
As for phoning someone to deal with your issue, fuck that for a game of soldiers. They will do more not to speak to you tan actually sorting the issue out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Eastern Europe is back on duty. Hourly obs haven't occurred for 2 1/2 hours now Laughing

Wouldn't be so bad but everyone in this room keeps pressing their nurse call button things (which remain unanswered), the level of white noise is really, really fucking up the nice opiate haze I'm floating on.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
Brighton Station £4.00 for a sausage roll! Go fuck yourself you thieving bastards Evil or Very Mad

Wowwwwww, I thought I was decadent paying four quid for a donut at a French bakery in Bermondsey. But a sausage roll? That must be one hell of a sausage roll. Is it a Gails Bakery one?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:55 - 18 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Shifty ... I paid twelve quid for three donuts... but I tend to keep that fairly quiet. Cos I pretty much ate all three in less than fifteen minutes Shifty
And I was having a bad day. I needed the boost of wasting huge amounts of money on extraordinarily delicious but really unhealthy food.
(back in the days when I could afford such luxuries Laughing )

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Vegan sausage roll from Gregg's. Had that and a cappuccino for dinner, 1 hour later I got the s4itts really bad, stomach cramps the lot. This vegan food is not all it's cracked up to be.

Common myth and the reason I can’t consume flora margarine nor egg fried rice. You logically blame the last thing you consume, whereas it’s more likely to be something you ate days ago.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:31 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five Guys.

Feck! What a racket Evil or Very Mad The burgers are okay I suppose but the prices?! 2 burgers, 2 hotdogs, 1 large fries, 2 shakes and a beer...

£42.50 Shocked

And that's to sit down and take your grub out of a paper bag. Even McDonalds gives you a plastic tray when you eat in.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Council web sites, designed so that you will never get what you need but get told all about what you don't need.
As for phoning someone to deal with your issue, fuck that for a game of soldiers. They will do more not to speak to you tan actually sorting the issue out.

Today I'm currently laying into my county council for such shenanigans. They've designed it so that almost 90% is links to pay stuff and they've almost buried a link for residents to comment on budget issues for the coming year.
I've stopped going to them via their links and instead do complaints directly through an opposition councilor who loves to rant at those currently running the (shit) show.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Team Eastern Europe is back on duty. Hourly obs haven't occurred for 2 1/2 hours now Laughing

Wouldn't be so bad but everyone in this room keeps pressing their nurse call button things (which remain unanswered), the level of white noise is really, really fucking up the nice opiate haze I'm floating on.

Told you - ear buds like those you get for noisy workplaces.
Buy a box full and once on your feet you can start selling them for profit.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
2 burgers, 2 hotdogs, 1 large fries, 2 shakes and a beer...

£42.50 Shocked

nuts ain't it. I went to one without really knowing what it was, luckily it was on expenses or my wife would have cut my bollocks off with the fat end of a chopstick.

I'd go there again though, if you sideline the price I thought the food was genuinely good for mass produced junk.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:

It's the dumb b'stards that will pay £4 who are the problem.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods in agreement*

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:02 - 19 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Showbox went down I have been loading many of the latest movies onto USB sticks for the internet dinosaurs that live here-a-bouts.

I'm fukkin amazed that they even know where to plug the USB sticks in, let alone that they seemed to get along with Showbox just fine.

Yesterday it finally happened, someone tried to give me a hard time 'cos of their lost opportunity to watch "1917" which went horribly wrong for them somehow & apparently it is all my fault?

I mentioned that I will arrange a full refund ASAP, a sarcastic attempt at irony which seemed to be totally lost on them.

Why do I ever bother?

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another hospital related gripe.

I should be getting moved to Southampton for surgery today. However they may not have a bed, apparently if they dont get me there today they are going to put a 2nd chest drain in.

The first one that went through the side put me in shock, (apparently I have too much muscle there Rolling Eyes ). They want to punch this 2nd one through the front, straight through the densest part of the muscle, between the ribs and in to the cavity. it's done conscious under a local Sad

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 20 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Another hospital related gripe.

I should be getting moved to Southampton for surgery today. However they may not have a bed, apparently if they dont get me there today they are going to put a 2nd chest drain in.

The first one that went through the side put me in shock, (apparently I have too much muscle there Rolling Eyes ). They want to punch this 2nd one through the front, straight through the densest part of the muscle, between the ribs and in to the cavity. it's done conscious under a local Sad

On the upside on top of the pain and aggravation, you're not going to be bankrupted by the cost like in 'murica.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:26 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
almostthere wrote:

It's the dumb b'stards that will pay £4 who are the problem.

Trouble is although I didn't pay it or the £4.35 for the deluxe one when I walked outside the station all I could find was Ava fucking cado on toast for some extortionate sum Evil or Very Mad whatever happened to all the greasy spoons that served proper grub?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:54 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

almostthere wrote:
... whatever happened to all the greasy spoons that served proper grub?

The metropolitan elites, b'stards!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:59 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
Since Showbox went down I have been loading many of the latest movies onto USB sticks for the internet dinosaurs that live here-a-bouts.

I'm fukkin amazed that they even know where to plug the USB sticks in, let alone that they seemed to get along with Showbox just fine.

Yesterday it finally happened, someone tried to give me a hard time 'cos of their lost opportunity to watch "1917" which went horribly wrong for them somehow & apparently it is all my fault?

I mentioned that I will arrange a full refund ASAP, a sarcastic attempt at irony which seemed to be totally lost on them.

Why do I ever bother?

Reminds me of my OnDigital days - did a brisk trade in viewing cards. Good film, BTW.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 543, 544, 545 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 544 of 698