Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 544, 545, 546 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People bitching about black mould build up on the walls in their homes.
Open a vent, crack a window a little bit and leave the internal doors open slightly.
Don't try to create an airtight box.
'Oh but it's cold outside and I don't want my kids freezing to death at night.'
They're inside, under a bloody duvet ffs. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double grinding of gears.
Here I am, avoiding sugars as much as I can and some bastard at work has bought in a load of jammy wagon wheels to share.
FMBDL!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:22 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
People bitching about black mould build up on the walls in their homes.
Open a vent, crack a window a little bit and leave the internal doors open slightly.
Don't try to create an airtight box.
'Oh but it's cold outside and I don't want my kids freezing to death at night.'
They're inside, under a bloody duvet ffs. Rolling Eyes

I've got black mould in my place the bathroom window is open 24/7 our bedroom windows are open during the day the back door is normally aways open whatever the weather, Makes no difference to the mould the poxy stuff keeps coming back no matter how many times we kill it off Crying or Very sad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 21 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Another hospital related gripe.

I should be getting moved to Southampton for surgery today. However they may not have a bed, apparently if they dont get me there today they are going to put a 2nd chest drain in.

The first one that went through the side put me in shock, (apparently I have too much muscle there Rolling Eyes ). They want to punch this 2nd one through the front, straight through the densest part of the muscle, between the ribs and in to the cavity. it's done conscious under a local Sad

Dude.
Are you still alive?
Did they move you?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 22 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mystical place between 1st and 2nd gear that most car drivers seem to just love kingering in. Meanwhile their shitty (more than likely Nissan breeder wagon) decelerates without any brake lights ot warning.

Seriously, why do people find it so hard to make progress when driving?

Also, again, the Blackwall fucking Tunnel! Vehicle broken down in lane 1, southbound.

Red X's light up to indicate lane close, but every moron continues to plod along and then slam their anchors on becuase a stationary vehicle has just suddenly appeared out of nowhere! That and the cunts in lane 2 who chose not to let anyone merge.

Grrr!

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:12 - 22 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
Seriously, why do people find it so hard to make progress when driving?

Don't forget that most cars are heavier than they were 20 or 30 years ago, and they have less power by and large. Most middle sized crossovers have only approximately 100bhp, which is jack all for a car that weighs 1.5 tonnes or more.

Cars are just slow. Unless you're following a BMW M car or something with 200bhp+ you'll find that cars just go at that speed.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 22 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that get undressed to use a urinal.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 22 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having an "everything aches" kinda week.
All my usual Get Up And Go has gone and Fucked Right Off.

.... mehhhhhh

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:46 - 22 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

???

whats the story behind this?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 22 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

Stupid tight jeans that you have to take down to be able to get your willy out for a pee! Embarassed

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:17 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently feeling the hate for DVD start menus that contain spoilers.

So tonight I was watching 24 (yes, I know, late to the party but I got all 8 seasons for £25 on DVD). On the start screen for the episode I just watched, it showed a picture of a character who I thought was long gone from the plot in the previous season. This kind of ruined the surprise when she turned up.

They did it to me with Avengers, Assemble too. I had no idea the shield aircraft carrier could fucking fly but the DVD main menu consists of schematics showing it doing so. It runined quite a neat scene where Bruce Banner thought he was going to land up in a submarine

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:26 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also feeling a lot of hate for ebay sellers who retrospectively alter their listing to try to make you look like a liar. Happily, it still shows you the original listing for dispute purposes.

I ordered some fork springs for my Enfield and my package arrived today. One fucking spring. In a pack designed for two with one removed, from an auction that said "Fork springs" with a picture of two fork springs.

On enquiring if they had ommitted one by mistake they replied "We have checked the listing and it is for one spring only, if you want another one you can buy it.".

I checked the listing and they have altered it to say "One spring only" but the original one doesn't have this. They deliberately altered it in an attempt to make me look like a cunt.

Who the hell sells ONE fork spring anyway? Do I need to start specifying I want two brake pads or two gloves now? Fucking raging!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Dude.
Are you still alive?
Did they move you?

I am and as of last night back at home Very Happy

Went a bit quiet when I got to Southampton they added to my painkillers and also put sedatives in the mix. Could barely move let alone operate a touchscreen Laughing

Good news is after hooking me up to this thing that looked like an old fashioned ipod fucked a tassimo machine they managed to ascertain my lung had finally plugged up the hole. Surgery dodged. When they pulled the 10cm drain out of my chest it was like an orgasm.

Bad news is this will recur randomly for the rest of my life, so I best get used to hospital food. other Good news is the wife has said life is too short so I should go buy the royal enfield I want, I'm not one to disobey the empress. Also out for Chinese New Year Very Happy

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:38 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ That's great news!
Remember to make that small 'hospital bag' I told you about. Basics such as phone charger, cash, eye mask and lots and lots of ear plugs. Hospital is to be your second home and you'll need it.

What's grinding my gears is my spine. My spine was smashed in two separate accidents 26 years apart. I'm older now and those injuries haunt me whenever colder damp weather comes. The worst pain right now is from my left ear, down the back of my neck and shoulder, beneath the shoulder blade and down to my hip. This morning I woke and found myself in a bad place - I began vomiting from the pain. Medication needed but how do you keep it down if you're vomiting..

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTim wrote:
Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

???

whats the story behind this?

Walk in
Approach Urinal
Belt open
Buttons open
Fly down
Trousers dropped around thighs
*Do business"
Reverse above procedure but turn around facing the room while doing it.

wtaf.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
hellkat wrote:

Dude.
Are you still alive?
Did they move you?

I am and as of last night back at home Very Happy

Went a bit quiet when I got to Southampton they added to my painkillers and also put sedatives in the mix. Could barely move let alone operate a touchscreen Laughing

Good news is after hooking me up to this thing that looked like an old fashioned ipod fucked a tassimo machine they managed to ascertain my lung had finally plugged up the hole. Surgery dodged. When they pulled the 10cm drain out of my chest it was like an orgasm.

Bad news is this will recur randomly for the rest of my life, so I best get used to hospital food. other Good news is the wife has said life is too short so I should go buy the royal enfield I want, I'm not one to disobey the empress. Also out for Chinese New Year Very Happy

Excellent news. Thumbs Up

That's both the medical and the Royal Enfield. Laughing

As someone who has an ongoing heart condition I can say there is nothing like a good old life threatening illness to get the wife feeling guilty for all the times she has shouted at you. Milk it. You might as well get something useful out of it and a Royal Enfield is a good start. Wink Laughing Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
This morning I woke and found myself in a bad place - I began vomiting from the pain. Medication needed but how do you keep it down if you're vomiting..

Yeah, my wife had a similar problem. Easy solution: "we'll just put you on anti-nausea medication." More pills, more problems Sad

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
^^ That's great news!
Remember to make that small 'hospital bag' I told you about. Basics such as phone charger, cash, eye mask and lots and lots of ear plugs. Hospital is to be your second home and you'll need it.

Thumbs Up advice I'm taking in the process of rounding the stuff up and putting in an old day sack today.

Also a rather large amount of Belgian Chocolates en-route to the hospital individually addressed to the Nurses that really went out their way to make me comfortable. May as well have them remembering me for good reasons if I'm going to be a regular Laughing

Sister Sledge wrote:
What's grinding my gears is my spine. My spine was smashed in two separate accidents 26 years apart. I'm older now and those injuries haunt me whenever colder damp weather comes.

I wrecked some discs in the lower back (so nowhere near as bad yours sounds like the entire spine) and I've noticed this late Autumn and winter seems particularly bad. Guessing it's related to this mild but damp weather we are having.

My Doc gives me Diazepam when I ask, it helps the relaxant effect stops everything seizing up as much over night. Only thing is to be effective you need to catch it before the searing pain starts.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

As someone who has an ongoing heart condition I can say there is nothing like a good old life threatening illness to get the wife feeling guilty for all the times she has shouted at you. Milk it. You might as well get something useful out of it and a Royal Enfield is a good start. Wink Laughing Thumbs Up

Laughing Going to milk this one ASAP before she can change her mind. Already trawling adverts for Mint, low miles, 535 Continental GT's, (I want a big single not the new twin).

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
..Good news is the wife has said life is too short so I should go buy the royal enfield I want, I'm not one to disobey the empress. Also out for Chinese New Year Very Happy

ooh better make it an Interceptor before she changes here mind (as you recover)..

PS clearly didn't get as fas as reading your last post.. Rolling Eyes

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Last edited by A100man on 12:34 - 23 Jan 2020; edited 1 time in total

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
.. This morning I woke and found myself in a bad place - I began vomiting from the pain. Medication needed but how do you keep it down if you're vomiting..

Fuckedy doo-dah, sounds bad.. Shocked. Get well soon..

..you knob.

Wink

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
As someone who has an ongoing heart condition I can say there is nothing like a good old life threatening illness to get the wife feeling guilty for all the times she has shouted at you.

My ex-wife just treated me like shit after my heart surgery.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
As someone who has an ongoing heart condition I can say there is nothing like a good old life threatening illness to get the wife feeling guilty for all the times she has shouted at you.

My ex-wife just treated me like shit after my heart surgery.

Which is a very good reason why she is an ex-wife.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 23 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering what a good late-morning I had (see other thread) ... and probably what a potentially great weekend I am ABOUT to have, I got my knickers in a right old twist this afternoon and came down with a crippling bout of anxiety.

Weird.
I'll probably be alright after a spliff and a bit of toast, but its shocking how quickly it can take over your mind once it gets a grip.

Like a croc in a death roll.
Fucker.

Edit. Oh wait, I just found the four boxes of Bendicks Bittermints I got for 75p each at Asda in the post-Christmas clear-out. Couple of them ought to sort me out Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:44 - 25 Jan 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
a potentially great weekend I am ABOUT to have

I am having a great time.
But I actually have eaten so much on Day 1 that I had to leave HALF my second course (cotoletto milanese)
That never happens!
I never leave food.
Ever.
Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 64 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 544, 545, 546 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 545 of 698