Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting in the bike cafe while having the bike serviced and there's some twunt wearing a POLITE hi-viz, which is currently grinding my gears. Evil or Very Mad

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
Sitting in the bike cafe while having the bike serviced and there's some twunt wearing a POLITE hi-viz, which is currently grinding my gears. Evil or Very Mad

Spill coffee on it, then politely say sorry, even though you like, totally meant to do it.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:

Que good excuse to be Impollite and call the guy out on it.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading "A tenner lasts a month" when asked what MPG a bike is getting. Could be 400 miles on a Diesel Enfield, or 1 litre's worth of fun with nitromethane.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Dave70 wrote:

Que good excuse to be Impollite and call the guy out on it.

That would mean having a conversation with the dick.
I'd imagine you'd get extremely frustrated with the diversionary answers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a bike out for its MOT and finding that the speedo doesn't work any more. The gremlins have been in over winter and karate-chopped the inner cable.... What makes me happy though is that those nice people at Wemoto do the cable and outer for £10...

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:05 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No speedo test in MOT. Plus keeps the miles low fam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Getting a bike out for its MOT and finding that the speedo doesn't work any more. The gremlins have been in over winter and karate-chopped the inner cable.... What makes me happy though is that those nice people at Wemoto do the cable and outer for £10...

Nice until they send you the wrong part and won't admit to their mistake Evil or Very Mad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a casual enquiry at a local bike dealer's to see if they could use someone part time on their parts counter.
Got told people are queueing up for jobs now, but if I'd approached them last year, they were desperate for staff Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Chef.

What pretentious shite.

The judges, the food, the judging.

And now we have 'live plating', where the judges watch as a piece of dessert 'artwork' is drawn out all over a massive table, by chefs, who are supposed to be good at cooking things, not drawing. End result, a load of wavy lines of sauce and a few bits of cake and chocolate slammed in a pointless mess across a couple of square metres of plastic. Then the judges stare at it, make judgemental wincing faces, then eat bits directly from the table and tell us all how shit it is because they obviously know so much more about the delicate intricacies of smearing food on a surface. I swear most of us grew out of this when we stopped eating from a baby seat.

It's like the emperor's new clothes. Tell people this is what food is meant to be about, then enough idiots will buy into it for it to warrant a dedicated TV show. The mind boggles.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 24 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
That would mean having a conversation with the dick.

Agreed.

Plus, he had two mates with him. Laughing

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be in the Grind or Oil threads Rolling Eyes

I took wifie to see Evita today. Really really enjoyed it, that's the good bit.

I bought a small rose wine and lemonade for her and a diet coke for me. £11.60 Shocked

Then at the interval she asked for an ice cream. 2 small tubs, £4.50 each. £9 fucking quid. Evil or Very Mad I told her we could have bought 36 of Asda's own brand cornettos for that. Cue sniggers from the row behind me and wifie telling me not to be such a cheapskate.

FFS I'm not poundshop Dave by any stretch but that took my weekends spending money for 2 drinks and 2 ice creams.

Just as a comment, make of it what you will.........
I noticed something that truly shocked me. I didn't see one non white ethnic Briton in the theatre. Not one, in a theatre of about 500.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:38 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I noticed something that truly shocked me. I didn't see one non white ethnic Briton in the theatre. Not one, in a theatre of about 500.

Uncultured savages etc....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Uncultured savages etc....

This was Andrew Lloyd Webber, not Shakespeare Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:24 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I bought a small rose wine and lemonade for her and a diet coke for me. £11.60 Shocked

Then at the interval she asked for an ice cream. 2 small tubs, £4.50 each. £9 fucking quid. Evil or Very Mad I told her we could have bought 36 of Asda's own brand cornettos for that. Cue sniggers from the row behind me and wifie telling me not to be such a cheapskate.

FFS I'm not poundshop Dave by any stretch but that took my weekends spending money for 2 drinks and 2 ice creams.

I don't understand why people buy from trolleys on trains, or food/drink at the cinema (not civilised enough to go to the theatre Wink), I always bring my own.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:43 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The incompetent mouth breathers in payroll have managed to mong something up epically and we're all on SD-goddamn-0 emergency tax codes this month.

Translation: as well as spacking up my self assessment this year, an extra £1250 in tax has been stolen right out of my pocket this month. Well, it never even reached my pocket. And guess who's been paying down his mortgage big style and not keeping much aside?

Is this... is this what it feels like to be a poor? Shocked

Percy, you may commencify the "Imagine if it happened to you" told-you-so. Razz

Spare some gruel, guv'nor?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You need someone patronisingly telling you it's your fault to get the full experience Wink

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:16 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People on sports bikes (R6 and a KTM something) that sit behind an artic then when you overtake them and the truck decide they want to play. Great! Fun time! Then when playing as the speed hits treble digits (obviously I mean 70.1mph) back off. Slow down to let them catch up and they're all over my back wheel. OK you don't do fast, can you do twisty? Nope, miles behind again.
If you gonna play then play! If you're riding a sports bike then learn to ride it. Hell, my lad on his 300 would have kept up (I ain't a fast rider).
Shame they didn't know it was an old codger on his 19yo ZX6 that was leaving them for dead. I felt cheated out of a fun run home.

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:17 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Is this... is this what it feels like to be a poor?

Nah, that would be not having £1250 in the basic pay to start with Razz

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:29 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I don't understand why people buy from trolleys on trains, or food/drink at the cinema (not civilised enough to go to the theatre Wink), I always bring* my own.

*take.

Me 2.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The incompetent mouth breathers in payroll have managed to mong something up epically and we're all on SD-goddamn-0 emergency tax codes this month.

Translation: as well as spacking up my self assessment this year, an extra £1250 in tax has been stolen right out of my pocket this month. Well, it never even reached my pocket. And guess who's been paying down his mortgage big style and not keeping much aside?

Percy, you may commencify the "Imagine if it happened to you" told-you-so. Razz

Spare some gruel, guv'nor?

Where there's blame there's a claim.

Did you not already calculate the interest they owe you, plus the extra amount over 15 years of remaining mortgage payments? Factor in the missing Harrods and Waitrose loyalty points and that you had to commute via Ryanair rather than Emirates and have irrevocably lost your social standing and been kicked out of the local bridge club. All in you'd be down about 12 brexit ponds I reckon.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
M.C wrote:
I don't understand why people buy from trolleys on trains, or food/drink at the cinema (not civilised enough to go to the theatre Wink), I always bring my own.

take Me 2.

Get a room!!

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:42 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Did you not already calculate the interest they owe you

Formal grievance and compo claim for scared feels is going in first thing in the morning. Via the under-butler.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
M.C wrote:
I don't understand why people buy from trolleys on trains, or food/drink at the cinema (not civilised enough to go to the theatre Wink), I always bring* my own.

*take.

Me 2.

Call me a snob but I am not rolling up to the theatre with a couple of tinnies and 2 Asda ice creams.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:32 - 25 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Commiserations. Emergency tax codes are brutal (and there always seems to be some administrative problem that means you can't get off them within the first month Evil or Very Mad)

I'll jump on the sports bike bitchin wagon. I know the last 5 miles of my commute is a nice bit of mild twisties through a valley @50, but there is a reason that the road is covered with double solid whites and SLOW signs.....lots of bikers who weren't as shit-hot they imagined.
The nice weather is bringing out all the Weekend-warriors, with big bikes and small brains. I've seen 4 in the last week coming within inches of honking, metal-induced death. They could at least have the common decency to get smooshed so I can feel smug!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 253 of 698