Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

@recman: Indeed, the head gasket was mentioned. Knowing nothing about cars, I took what he said. Do you agree... Going to pop this into another thread as not not hijack it, so any advice, pop there Smile

@polarbear: You are right, I should have taken your advice Sad But nope, it was her car. The other car is still with him as there is a part he is waiting to arrive. It is now idling at 2000rpm, so I said im not taking it till it is sorted, which he accepted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 28 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MZ 150, that I ride, is pretty much going to grind its own gears soon enough. Today, I found out it's loosing what seems to me like the gearbox oil. And the rear wheel is a bit wobbly, very slight free play. Thumbs Down

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 29 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardboard Bastard Boxes. Everywhere.
Even using one as my coffee table. Confused

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:53 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

walked into the garage yesterday to find water everywhere

soaking well tools fishing tackle everything

water is coming ftom a garage two doors up who rent the house off her dad

who has no interest in fixing fuck all

found out yesterday they have had no heating for three years either

the have a two year old child Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:48 - 30 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

davethekwak wrote:
How many times do you have to ride your bike during the week to not be a weekend warrior?
Used mine to work and back every day this week and gone out for a play after work most nights as well. I don't do wet weather though.
What is the definition of a weekend warrior?

It's not calulated on a per week basis, probably closer to a tri-monthly basis. If you only take the bike out when its glorious sunshine to ride like an arsehole and make my life more difficult by pissing off car drivers then you are firmly in that category (these are the ones I am seeing, big shiny 1L+ bikes, ignoring blind corners, double whites and riding up the arse of cars ahead of them Evil or Very Mad ). Commuting is (definitionally) antithetical to weekend warrioring.

Mostly it depends on your attitude on the road, if you ride like you only come out once a year to grace the tarmac with your fine rubbers and show the car drivers how much faster than them you can go, then I'll tut tut to myself in my helmet. If that doesn't teach them a lesson, I don't know what will.
As a side note I do wish they would stop crashing and driving up my premiums and encouraging people to leave flowers all over the place.

Rogerborg wrote:
Turns out the spacking is even worse than I thought. I've just checked and I've been mugged for precisely 50% of my gross salary in income theft, plus a NI shoeing to the head.

50% isn't even a tax theft band!

On the bright side, it is lulzy when weekend warriors get salty. Razz

You never been on the ol' BR code? It's always been 50%, at least it was when I got hit with it in my first job, 3 damn months on a minimum wage job getting reamed while the Tax office drones gave me the run around Evil or Very Mad

Understandable salt from people who don't ride all the time. They seem attacks were none exist, presumably because they want to ride more but practicalities forbid it.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three missed calls every day from Vodafone

Always call at ten twelve and four

I can't answer my phone at work
You would think they may get this now

May leave it on my bench by my saw and let the fuckers hear that for a bit

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 31 May 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

found out yesterday they have had no heating for three years either

the have a two year old child Shocked

Must have been conceived in an early attempt to keep warm Very Happy

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:32 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

In-Laws. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

davethekwak
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:40 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
davethekwak wrote:
How many times do you have to ride your bike during the week to not be a weekend warrior?
Used mine to work and back every day this week and gone out for a play after work most nights as well. I don't do wet weather though.
What is the definition of a weekend warrior?

It's not calulated on a per week basis, probably closer to a tri-monthly basis. If you only take the bike out when its glorious sunshine to ride like an arsehole and make my life more difficult by pissing off car drivers then you are firmly in that category (these are the ones I am seeing, big shiny 1L+ bikes, ignoring blind corners, double whites and riding up the arse of cars ahead of them Evil or Very Mad ). Commuting is (definitionally) antithetical to weekend warrioring.

Thanks for the explanation. I is not one of them. Smile Only got an old 600 and do use it to commute during the summer.

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:21 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who ask questions but don't listen for an answer. eg. won't stop talking to let you answer or simply walk away.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

techathy wrote:
People who ask questions but don't listen for an answer. eg. won't stop talking to let you answer or simply walk away.

An extension to this is people that ask questions of forums / IRL, not really wanting you to answer, rather, wanting you to validate the decision that they have already made.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:49 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I seem to have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a GP appointment.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 01 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won an engine (narrowboat diesel) for absolute peanuts on ebay. Totally overhauled (with pictures ) plus loads of spares.

Yet to hear from the seller after I asked for an address to come and pick up and pay for said engine.

I hope Praying that he just isn't around at the moment but I have this gut feeling he won't want to let it go for said pennies and will ignore me.

Will give it a week I suppose and see what happens.

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:45 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a USB fan plugged in to the front of my monitor so to turn it off it has a switch on the fan or you can simply pull the plug out of the front of the monitor

BUT NO!!!

Twice now f@"k wits at work have simply turned the whole computer off at the plug socket "coz the fan was on init"

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost got bummed by a moped gang on an otherwise uneventful day.

Locked up as usual and wasn't even inside for five minutes when I spotted three mopeds with five lads on going towards where I was parked.

Think I new what was going on before anyone else did. Not that anyone else proved of use.

Stopped in front of the bike and then fucked of when they saw how many chains it had on it. Young chancers looking a steerling lock snap and go I'm guessing. Probably the same lot who stole the lost bike from the exact same spot.

I've been spotted, yo.

Sod em. Not going to loose a limb if they come back and also can't be arsed to live a life as a bus wanker because some tard on their school holidays are bored.

Mongaloids.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming back with cordless grinder in 3... 2..

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 02 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Coming back with cordless grinder in 3... 2..

Could do but there's also an endless list of alternative ways it could end up someone else's and could occur at any time, be pointless to worry about them all.

As I say I won't be loosing a limb to keep it mine but at the same time I'm not going to fanny around and not ride the thing through fear, might as well flog it if that was the case.

The last one they stole from same spot, someone else's, had ended up in some "random guy's garage who claimed he was cleaning it out and found it inside" by the local plod. Happy ending for one and all.

Not exactly a great thing on the whole but I can't think of an area this side of the city that hasn't become crime ridden one way or another in the past year, increasingly so as time goes on I'd say.

techathy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:33 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early morning city runners. No it's not acceptable simply to run across the road without looking... I don't want to be your victim when you make your Darwin Award attempt Middle Finger

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzi Perry, yet again!

WTAF does this fatuous airhead, actually bring to MotoGP?

Absolutely, fcukin' useless, doesn't have a fcukin' clue, doesn't have anything remotely interesting to say, has no valid opinions and little or no knowledge of the sport, in other words a PLONK!

If only Perry would do the world a favour and FRO from anything to do with motorcycles and racing!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Suzi Perry, yet again!

Absolutely, fcukin' useless, doesn't have a fcukin' clue, doesn't have anything remotely interesting to say, has no valid opinions and little or no knowledge of the sport, in other words a PLONK!

If only Perry would do the world a favour and FRO from anything to do with motorcycles and racing!

Would things be a bit better if she wore hi heels and was naked? Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Suzi Perry, yet again!

Used to be sexiness but she's getting to the age now where I'd have to think about it... for about a second Smile Luckily BT Sport cut most of her out (when they upload) the races, she was annoying on the indy500 coverage though Evil or Very Mad

Still better than Jennie Gow mind.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Suntan Sid wrote:
Suzi Perry, yet again!

Would things be a bit better if she wore hi heels and was naked? Laughing

Yes

6r4h4m
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:31 - 03 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuts.

Specifically the one I just knocked off my battery terminal, down into the dark heart of the bike that I suspect to contain a teeny tiny wormhole to Brigadoon, at the other end of which also lie many socks I have owned. No sign of the little f*kker. Bollocks.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 04 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biting insects.

I appear to be a running buffet for anything that bites, once I'm asleep.

Even after anointing myself with various repellant unguents, using mosquito tablet machines, sleeping with a fan on and spraying noxious chemicals into the room before bed, the little fuckers won't leave me alone.

I'm all spotty and itching like a man on a fuzzy tree.*

* what does that even mean?

ackack
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:18 - 04 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Suzi Perry, yet again!

At least we have Colin Edwards with her today instead of Mr state-the-bleedin-obvious, boring as fuck Toseland.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 326 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 255 of 698