Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number of colleagues who work part time, by which I mean 3 and 4 day weeks. It used to be just women but now blokes are doing it. Add in holiday time and it gets hard to get stuff done when their involvement is needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked on a speed awareness course. Folded arms
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Booked on a speed awareness course. Folded arms

4 hours of your life you'll never get back.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking to groovylee he recommended to take the fine..but I am retarded. <<<I disagree..I'm the opposite of retarded. I did not delay or hold back in terms of progress.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 12:41 - 08 Aug 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The number of colleagues who work part time, by which I mean 3 and 4 day weeks. It used to be just women but now blokes are doing it. Add in holiday time and it gets hard to get stuff done when their involvement is needed.

Logical step, and who would expect less as everything gets more and more automated, replacing people in the work place. I would hope that the trend for part time becomes ever more commonplace, as long as you're in the happy position to be able to do it. Companies and their employees will just have to adapt for when people are off.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Talking to groovylee he recommended to take the fine..but I am retarded.

This depends on what you're losing to attend. Half a day in a classroom on a subject you're (clearly Laughing ) not interested in is better than fines and points if you've got the time to spare imo.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what points does to your premiums. I attended as it would have added £400 to car insurance (bike was obviously less), but it was so painful I'd seriously have to consider doing another. It also made me pro-speeding at a time when I was trying to ride a bit more slowly.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It also made me pro-speeding at a time when I was trying to ride a bit more slowly.

I'd be surprised to find it much affected anyone's driving/riding approach in any way after they got home from it.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Talking to groovylee he recommended to take the fine..but I am retarded. <<<I disagree..I'm the opposite of retarded. I did not delay or hold back in terms of progress.

Is it speeding awareness or RIDE?

I did RIDE a few weeks back, and it was just a bikesafe day without the riding, and it also doesn't count as speeding awareness so I can truthfully say I haven't attended one to insurance.

Would recommend if that's the case. Speeding awareness is shit from what I've heard. At your, uh, youthful age, I doubt a couple of points will matter much to your insurance though.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:47 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
It also made me pro-speeding at a time when I was trying to ride a bit more slowly.

I'd be surprised to find it much affected anyone's driving/riding approach in any way after they got home from it.

Well it's the fact I got caught by a sneaky red light camera* (measuring speed). They then tell you on the course Motorways have the lest amount of accidents, towns have the most. So the problem isn't speed, it's peoples observations (and maybe road design).

So I went from thinking maybe I should slow down a bit for my own self-preservation, to it's all about revenue. The borough wide 20 mph limits have also made me butthurt, and added to the sense it's not about safety.

*they'd recently removed the obvious Gatso in the central reservation, I guess it wasn't profitable enough Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
They then tell you on the course Motorways have the lest amount of accidents, towns have the most. So the problem isn't speed, it's peoples observations (and maybe road design).

Except that motorways these days seem to be about the slowest roads going, what with all the road works and variable speed limits.

Quote:
So I went from thinking maybe I should slow down a bit for my own self-preservation, to it's all about revenue. The borough wide 20 mph limits have also made me butthurt, and added to the sense it's not about safety.

*they'd recently removed the obvious Gatso in the central reservation, I guess it wasn't profitable enough Rolling Eyes

The goose that lays the golden egg. Not something anyone would give up easily, unfortunately in this case.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
They then tell you on the course Motorways have the lest amount of accidents, towns have the most. So the problem isn't speed, it's peoples observations (and maybe road design).

Except that motorways these days seem to be about the slowest roads going, what with all the road works and variable speed limits.

Exactly, the safest roads yet they need average speed cameras? Eh?

Gotta love that revenue stream Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Logical step, and who would expect less as everything gets more and more automated, replacing people in the work place. I would hope that the trend for part time becomes ever more commonplace, as long as you're in the happy position to be able to do it. Companies and their employees will just have to adapt for when people are off.

Automation is supposed to release us from crank-the-handle type tasks so we can focus on the clever stuff like project and data management. That requires increased levels of cooperation, communication and "cross-functional" team work. I could crank that handle all day on my own but the other stuff needs people to be available. Yeah, I'd love a 4-day week too if I could afford it, but I don't think it helps the business.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

You should try it - it's great Smile

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather

Got a cracking garden to be sat in but its pissing down so sat in the shed sulking getting drunk

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerlea wrote:

grr666 is so eager to help out he posted twice...

I was using the awful Devon sub 1 meg 'broadband' and it took 10 mins to post once. Will edit. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:26 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was feeling charitable, and also had some concern about the health of one of my sisters, so I decided to make a phone call to my mother.
Brick Wall
Unlike a fine wine, she doesn't improve with age.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:29 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worse news, the Chinesey ladies at your nail bar are slaves. You can't even get your nails did without some do-gooder guilt tripping you these days. Mad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC now want you to login to use the iPlayer Rolling Eyes I also seem to have caught andyscooter's anklevitis (I didn't know it was contagious)

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:23 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Worse news, the Chinesey ladies at your nail bar are slaves. You can't even get your nails did without some do-gooder guilt tripping you these days. Mad

I did wonder.
Still ... got to be better odds for staying alive than picking cockles.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 06:33 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Worse news, the Chinesey ladies at your nail bar are slaves.

I did wonder.

Does their jewellery clank rather than jingle?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible rat scum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-40899839

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

QUOTE Ten of the 11 were released on bail ahead of the sentencing.

That's the last we'll see of those fuckers then.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the f**k would hire pikeys to resurface their drive? Eh?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 276, 277, 278 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 277 of 698