Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 330, 331, 332 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I took the £50 note in a paki shop, after I'd had dinner with the Russians (plural), and told the guy I was a taxi driver (showed him me badge) and that I was given this by a passenger, and I asked him if he had a one of them pens I could check it with (I was buying some Red Bull as well, so I wasn't takinbg the piss).

So he held it up to the light and said, Its genuine, cos you can see the £50 sign and something about the picture of the queen.

But I have a feeling in my water that's not always the best way to tell.

So I've rubbed it on a bit of white paper and a tiny bit of pink rubbed off, so I guess it must be real (that was the way I was taught to check in the knocking shop)

Once he'd handed me back the bullseye, the cheeky cunt behind the jump was trying to flirt with me, saying he'd give me a kiss for £50. Shut the fuck up mate, I can hardly understand what you're saying let alone trying to flirt with me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Jesus. You be nice to these guys, but when they see a taxi driver badge, all they see is a woman with the ability to earn her own money, ergo life on easy street. Wanker!

Brick Wall

Still gonna get one of them pens, or maybe a portable bluelight thingie. Idea

You should have kissed him on the cheek then demanded £50 with menaces Very Happy

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Not a lot of point if they are changing all the notes to these plastic ones is there?

A good point, and well made.

I've managed to swap the £50-looking piece of paper for some hardboard and a lorryload of marble effect lino tiles Cool Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
You should have kissed him on the cheek then demanded £50 with menaces Very Happy

He would have had to pay me A LOT OF MONEY for me to do that.
A LOT.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere near.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Unfortunately, matters have taken a rather bad turn with the Russian, and I am incredibly angry this morning. So luckily your suggestion has made me laugh for five minutes. Well done.

A telethon, perhaps...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyway, my gears are more ground than they have been for a long fucking time now. I am actually closer to real anger than I have been for a long fucking time.

The Russian, thinking she is being helpful, has just suggested how I might help myself lose some weight. She has tried to play the "I am only concerned for your health and you know how much I love you" card.

Followed up by sending me a link to one of those gastric bypass surgeons and some sort of NHS weightloss clinic things.

I was extremely polite in my response.
You know that thing that English people do when they are trying to express to ignorant foreigners that what has just happened is totally Not Cricket.
I think she got the message that I am unbelievably angry with her.

I swear a lot, as you all know, whether happy or not, I use swear words like other people use salt on their chips.

But when I don't swear is when you have to be very fucking careful with me. If I swear and curse, I'm getting it out of my system, but if I'm frosty and precise, thennnnnn ... you are in Big Trouble with a capital J for Jen.

She's so busy bossing that rich new husband of hers around now (a very charming but surprisingly meek man, who I actually like quite a lot) ... and queening it about in Cyprus with assorted Russian idiot-wives influencing her, that she's forgotten who she is dealing with.

I know I have a weight problem, I've had one as long as I can remember, since my early teens. And it's not getting any better the older I get, but only I can deal with it when I'm good and ready. I do worry quite a lot about it myself, and I dread getting old and frail and still carrying this weight, but nobody can do anything about it except me.

In her absence I've started to deal with it on several occasions, but as we all know with any sort of addiction: booze, food, fags, drugs, you can only do anything about it when you're in the right frame of mind, and having someone telling you what they think you should do is not going to put me in the right frame of mind, in fact it often drives you in the other direction.

I could rant a long time about my relationship with her and how we've come to this ... but I shan't, because its actually boring and I do actually value her friendship above many others, so this as close to a bitch fest as I would ever get.

I'm above that.
Folded arms

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ommmmmmm ... I've calmed down now.
Fucking cheeky mare.
Mad

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to hold the thought that she was doing it for (what she thought were) good reasons (because she loves you) and ignore the fact that it was presumptions, arrogant, insensitive and unecessary.

Wouldn't you rather have a cheeky mare for a friend than somebody who never puts a foot wrong? Borrrrrrinnnnng Very Happy
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:18 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Tldr - You got butthurt because the whore told you that you're a fat cunt. Wink

Bet you flip out worse - Fat cunt.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Tldr - You got butthurt because the whore told you that you're a fat cunt. Wink

You're exactly right.
In fact, its the response I'd expect from the likes of you.

The silent treatment from me will do her the world of good.
Although she's mostly surrounded by sycophants these days anyway, she probably won't even notice Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Try to hold the thought that she was doing it for (what she thought were) good reasons (because she loves you) and ignore the fact that it was presumptions, arrogant, insensitive and unecessary.

Wouldn't you rather have a cheeky mare for a friend than somebody who never puts a foot wrong? Borrrrrrinnnnng Very Happy

True enough.

But she needs a bit of come-uppance, and these days she ain't getting it from me very often because distance - too many sycophants around her, and she thinks she can "give it" ... I might have to remind her who she is talking to. Twisted Evil

We're talking about a girl who once spat a mouthful of mouthwash across the kitchen in a fit of temper because another girl was using her lube without her permission. I had to walk out on the pair of them for half an hour so that they (and the rest of the household) behaved themselves. Fucking minxes, comes with the territory, industrial hazard. Rolling Eyes

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My record turntable has gone smelly, I did think that DanMan (the dog) had dropped one but he hadn't. I opened it up and can't find anything untoward.

I'll send it off to be repaired but as I was putting the screws back in I dropped it and fvcked the tonearm. Oh how I giggled and oh how I have been an absolute delight to be around for the past few hours.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat just spewed up half a mouse onto the bathroom floor.
So that was nice.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:16 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
My record turntable has gone smelly, I did think that DanMan (the dog) had dropped one but he hadn't. I opened it up and can't find anything untoward.

I'll send it off to be repaired but as I was putting the screws back in I dropped it and fvcked the tonearm. Oh how I giggled and oh how I have been an absolute delight to be around for the past few hours.

Sad face...

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting crap money from the insurance just because my bike had done 70,000 miles instead of wankers who do under 30,000 in 12 years on a bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveled to buy a bike today, bad move. Caught the train from Stafford to London Euston then the underground to Mile End. Bloke was meant to meet me at Mile End, he never showed, rang him and no reply, after 10 minutes I got a text telling me to catch a cab to an address as he wasn't feeling well.

Caught cab, clapped eyes on bike, heart sank, what a shed. Small driveway covered in oil stains, bike looking sorry for itself. Knocked on door, bloke answered, he had a big smile and kept referring to me as 'my friend'.

He kept asking me 'You have money my friend, you have money'. He started the bike, started on 2 cylinders which would have been great if it was a twin. 10 seconds later it's running on 3 and an intermittent 4 dropping back to 3 sporadically. Exhaust is rattly, blue smoke out of exhaust which indicates burning oil.

Tell him to forget it, at which point he becomes cross, "You promise buy bike". I walked, cafe down the road that did a mean bacon roll and tea for £2.85. Cab back to mile end station, tube back to Euston and train back to Stafford.

Paddy is psychic.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
YouTube moving the goal posts. Didn't earn much, only about £60-£70 a year, but it was a nice bonus.

Quote:
Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, your YouTube channel, Senthx, is no longer eligible for monetization because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. As a result, your channel will lose access to all monetization tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program on February 20, 2018 unless you surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Accordingly, this email serves as 30 days notice that your YouTube Partner Program terms are terminated.
One of YouTube’s core values is to provide anyone the opportunity to earn money from a thriving channel. Creators who haven’t yet reached this new threshold can continue to benefit from our Creator Academy, our Help Center, and all the resources on the Creator Site to grow their channels. Once your channel reaches the new threshold, it will be reviewed to make sure it adheres to our policies and guidelines, and if so, monetization will be re-enabled.

Deleted my account.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:48 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Paddy is psychic.

Laughing

Sorry to hear it was a wasted trip however. If you see anything floating in Orpington/Bromley way I am quite happy to go take a look and send some photos.

I would however just set up alerts or go on ebay and do max price *yourbudget* and within 30 miles.

Anything with 600cc and years ticket.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found myself stuck at Sheffield Station for an hour last night, and was happy to find quite a decent-looking pub just next door to kill the time (The Sheffield Tap):

https://www.sheffieldtap.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Sheffield-Tap-02.jpg

www.sheffieldtap.com wrote:
"The bar offers the widest choice of beer sourced from across the globe, dispensed from 11 traditional cask handpulls and 12 continental swing handled taps"

That'll do nicely, I thought. Not recognising a single one of the beers on offer, I invited the barman to recommend me a decent bitter. "Oh we don't have any bitter". You are kidding me, right? A station boozer in the capital of South Yorkshire and you don't sell BITTER? "Well we do normally have one, but we've run out".

I was at uni in Sheffield about a hundred years ago so was pretty familiar with pub life there back then. A pub with no bitter? It's really come to this?

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 14:06 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Found myself stuck at Sheffield Station for an hour last night, and was happy to find quite a decent-looking pub just next door to kill the time (The Sheffield Tap):

https://www.sheffieldtap.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Sheffield-Tap-02.jpg

www.sheffieldtap.com wrote:
"The bar offers the widest choice of beer sourced from across the globe, dispensed from 11 traditional cask handpulls and 12 continental swing handled taps"

That'll do nicely, I thought. Not recognising a single one of the beers on offer, I invited the barman to recommend me a decent bitter. "Oh we don't have any bitter". You are kidding me, right? A station boozer in the capital of South Yorkshire and you don't sell BITTER? "Well we do normally have one, but we've run out".

I was at uni in Sheffield about a hundred years ago so was pretty familiar with pub life there back then. A pub with no bitter? It's really come to this?

I think its time for you to join the craft beer revolution.

Sheffield tap is a great pub with a lot of great beer if you are willing to give something different a shot.

See also, York, Harrogate and Euston Taps

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
I think its time for you to join the craft beer revolution.
Sheffield tap is a great pub with a lot of great beer if you are willing to give something different a shot.

I did stay for a pint (can't remember what) and won't deny enjoying it... just would still have preferred a bitter, thanks Confused

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

park lemmings

I am a magnet for them when I am running, if there is any possible way that some random person can unexpectedly block my progress it will happen. From a dozen oldies with those silly walking poles rounding a corner walking 4 abreast, to the cyclist looking at his phone, who for no reason suddenly swerves right, and the stops dead, through to the people with dogs on wander leads who see me coming, and decide the best thing they can do is pay out another 4 meters of dog lead.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 330, 331, 332 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 331 of 698