Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 331, 332, 333 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Traveled to buy a bike today, bad move. Caught the train from Stafford to London Euston then the underground to Mile End. Bloke was meant to meet me at Mile End, he never showed, rang him and no reply, after 10 minutes I got a text telling me to catch a cab to an address as he wasn't feeling well.

Caught cab, clapped eyes on bike, heart sank, what a shed. Small driveway covered in oil stains, bike looking sorry for itself. Knocked on door, bloke answered, he had a big smile and kept referring to me as 'my friend'.

He kept asking me 'You have money my friend, you have money'. He started the bike, started on 2 cylinders which would have been great if it was a twin. 10 seconds later it's running on 3 and an intermittent 4 dropping back to 3 sporadically. Exhaust is rattly, blue smoke out of exhaust which indicates burning oil.

Tell him to forget it, at which point he becomes cross, "You promise buy bike". I walked, cafe down the road that did a mean bacon roll and tea for £2.85. Cab back to mile end station, tube back to Euston and train back to Stafford.

Paddy is psychic.

M.C wrote:
Lots of people on here who probably would have checked it out for you.
...Dave Wink

thx1138 wrote:
park lemmings

I am a magnet for them when I am running, if there is any possible way that some random person can unexpectedly block my progress it will happen. From a dozen oldies with those silly walking poles rounding a corner walking 4 abreast, to the cyclist looking at his phone, who for no reason suddenly swerves right, and the stops dead, through to the people with dogs on wander leads who see me coming, and decide the best thing they can do is pay out another 4 meters of dog lead.

You realise they're probably saying the same thing about joggers? Very Happy

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
park lemmings

I am a magnet for them when I am running, if there is any possible way that some random person can unexpectedly block my progress it will happen. From a dozen oldies with those silly walking poles rounding a corner walking 4 abreast, to the cyclist looking at his phone, who for no reason suddenly swerves right, and the stops dead, through to the people with dogs on wander leads who see me coming, and decide the best thing they can do is pay out another 4 meters of dog lead.

I really dislike those extendable leads. How anyone can think they're "in control" of their dog when it's not at arms each. Usually gasbagging away to their mate, or face down into their phone, completely unaware of what they're causing ahead.

On that front, 'walking' phone users. We all see them, face down, gawking at Pokemon Go, or whatever fad it is this week. I'm sure it can wait. Instead they all dither at a snails pace completely oblivious to their actions.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
I'm sure it can wait. Instead they all dither at a snails pace completely oblivious to their actions.

Zebra crossing texters grind my gears. If I'm gonna stop for you you better be f'ing prepared to cross.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:

On that front, 'walking' phone users. We all see them, face down, gawking at Pokemon Go, or whatever fad it is this week. I'm sure it can wait. Instead they all dither at a snails pace completely oblivious to their actions.

What did they do before mobile phones because you can be damn sure they vacantly gawped at something else! Laughing

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you lend out a pen to someone and they chew the end of it and look offended when you then throw it in the bin. I don't want to use something with your saliva and teeth marks all over, that's utterly disgusting. Its a minor thing but it really irks me.

Also other people then lending my things out to someone else so that when I get back to my desk half of my shit has gone missing and I have to go hunt it down again.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
people then lending my things out

Idea Chew your ruler, stapler, pens, pencils just chew every frickin thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two extractions: half a curved root and a broken molar.

Nice dentist ladies.
Amazing view (Guys Hosp, 23rd floor)
Fortunately no stitches this time, and no jabbing of my lower lip with dental instruments.

But ... NINE injections (five on the bottom and four on the top) and ... ultimately ... two missing teeth I will never see again.

At this rate, in Amsterdam I may be blagging Steradent from Bodyguard Crying or Very sad

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
When you lend out a pen to someone and they chew the end of it and look offended when you then throw it in the bin. I don't want to use something with your saliva and teeth marks all over, that's utterly disgusting. Its a minor thing but it really irks me

Next time, just before you chuck it in the bin, say that it was your favorite pen because you used it to pick your nose, or unblock the sink, or pick your teeth, or scratch your armpit/bottom.

They'll never chew your pen again, promise.......... Twisted Evil
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Brick Wall Thinking Folded arms

Tldr - You got butthurt because the whore told you that you're a fat cunt. Wink

^ I see the embassy pulled you away from diplomatic duties, and placed you back on close protection.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:46 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, even as I was posting the whinge, I knew I was setting myself up for at least one remark typical of that. He'll keep Laughing Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:53 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat who spewed the mouse the other day, has gone on to spew not one but two lots of cat biscuits.

However ...

... When my number one chaperone gave her some chicken tikka masala last night, she kept it down and hasn't spewed it at all.

Fuckin bastard cats. Rolling Eyes

I need to go back to having a dog. At least a dog will chunder and then eat it again afterwards.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:12 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep the pics coming until you do. Laughing

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lettings agents Mad

My daughter is moving into a student house. Letting agent requires a guarantor for the rent if she were to default. So far, so typical.

However the letting agent has not only insisted on credit referencing me but also wants information and hard evidence of my income. Well they can FRO.

Incidentally my Exquifax and Experian scores are excellent.

As a guarantor I am legally obliged to pay, my financial situation is irrelevant. I object to this gratuitous harvesting of personal data.

My dilemma is that by refusing to play their game I may jeopardise my daughter being able to move in.

Grrrrrrrrr

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:06 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play the game, then request all the information they have on you. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:19 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for signing anything that makes you "jointly and severally" liable, because if all the wasting scroungers bail out, you'll in principle be on the hook for the entire rent for the property.

Not that they've got much chance of enforcing it, but... careful now.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Lettings agents Mad

My daughter is moving into a student house. Letting agent requires a guarantor for the rent if she were to default. So far, so typical.

However the letting agent has not only insisted on credit referencing me but also wants information and hard evidence of my income. Well they can FRO.

Incidentally my Exquifax and Experian scores are excellent.

As a guarantor I am legally obliged to pay, my financial situation is irrelevant. I object to this gratuitous harvesting of personal data.

My dilemma is that by refusing to play their game I may jeopardise my daughter being able to move in.

Grrrrrrrrr

When I was my sisters guarantor... for a place I would have struggled to pay for but whatever (she earns a lot more), they wanted proof from my work (pay slips weren't good enough), and bank statements etc. Confused

Rogerborg wrote:
Watch out for signing anything that makes you "jointly and severally" liable, because if all the wasting scroungers bail out, you'll in principle be on the hook for the entire rent for the property.

Not that they've got much chance of enforcing it, but... careful now.

The guys on Can't pay take it away seem to do ok enforcing guarantor debts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't set up any of mine as HMOs. Too much headache. Mind you I don't rent to students in any case.
Too good at pissing their rent up the wall, not so good at looking after houses. For most it's their first time away
from mummy and daddy and they are way more interested in that than keeping the place clean and decent.
I do hope you weren't relying on the deposit money for anything else.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I wouldn't set up any of mine as HMOs. Too much headache. Mind you I don't rent to students in any case.
Too good at pissing their rent up the wall, not so good at looking after houses. For most it's their first time away
from mummy and daddy and they are way more interested in that than keeping the place clean and decent.
I do hope you weren't relying on the deposit money for anything else.

No, deposit has been put in a recognised deposit scheme and I know it can't be used for rent arrears.

I don't mind being guarantor, if I was a landlord I'd want one too. I was guarantor for my older daughter for a couple of years. I just don't get the need for credit referencing or proof of income from me as I have no fiduciary relationship with the landlord.

As MC said, being a guarantor means it is an enforceable debt if it ever should fall to the guarantor to pay.

I'm more of a mind that it's part of a bigger picture where businesses harvest our private data for no good reason. I've always been a fiercely private person, I hate telling anyone ANYTHING about me, let alone financial stuff!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the DPS scheme is a given. My last experience of a student house wasn't great, (Mrs grr lived in one for a
very short time) nobody could cook so the kitchen was like the somme with enough burnt food on the cooker to make it
difficult to accurately count the hobs. A fridge full of out of date food growing mould and dirty dishes with half
eaten food left on pretty much every flat surface, there was never a plate in the cupboard, you'd have to go and find one,
then scrape it off before washing it assuming you could even get it under a tap bacause of a sink full of dirty pots
and pans. There was a weekly indoor spacehopper/flourbomb race which seemed to amuse them greatly, every
door was hanging off its hinges, all the sinks were blocked with god knows what, the gardens were completely
un maintained (reasonably maintaining the garden is in my tenancy agreements) and were 7ft high and counting
when the mrs sensibly left there. Not to mention it was BEDLAM pretty much around the clock which would have
been shite for the neighbours. It would have taken hundreds of pounds and a LOT of cleaning and repairs to make
that place lettable again after they rather disrespectrfully trashed it. The Mrs moved out after 4 weeks as she couldn't
study for all the racket. I doubt the remaining four saw their deposits come back at the end of the tenancy.
She moved in with a friend who worked and they shared a small flat above a tyre fitters (because it was quieter)
until she finished her degree. I usually credit check all over 18's living in one of my lets. Have never done the guarantor
thing before so I can't comment on that, if they fail a credit check then it's usually "keep looking" time for them.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

other people's idea of kitchen hygiene, and especially those who think it's okay to wipe down surfaces with a dish cloth Sick Thumbs Down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Played Devil's advocate; You off-road...through piss filled water no doubt...Your immune system is up to the job surely yer big fanny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissed of with diabetes and poo.

Sugars way too high even on a bland diet, Doctors are working on it. As for the poo, one day I could use it in a fountain pen and the next I could use it as a foundation block.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Sugars way too high even on a bland diet

Is it this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42154666

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 23 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Skudd wrote:

Sugars way too high even on a bland diet

Is it this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42154666

No, just the lack of pancreas and duodenum. That's why the doctor is having issues sorting it out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 331, 332, 333 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 332 of 698