Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Can you not teach them some manners whilst they are there?

"Gently" reinforcing certain rules that they must obey even if only whilst they are in your house.

Grandad Pepperami makes us ask before we take an apple from the fruitbowl.

Grandad Pepperami makes us say please and thank you.

Grandad Pepperami won't let us play the Playstation until we've eaten all our broccoli.

Grandad Pepperami makes us wash our hands after we've been to the toilet...

Take an apple from the fruit bowl Shocked , more like “ I WANT McDonald’s nanny, GO and get it”
Eating broccoli? More like “GIVE me sweets “
They would have to understand what water is before they could learn to wash.

If there ever was a case for extreme violence, they are it Wink Smile

I genuinely believe they are to far gone and are doomed to be feral for life.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:33 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought I had my hands full with a menstrual Weimeraner.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for you that they're little cunts, Pepps, but that sounds like a perfect reason for someone somewhere to take the moral high ground and say "We're not going to get you McDonalds, if your mother wants to feed you that shite, its up to her, but here you eat Fruit and Broccoli. You can scream the house down all you like but all we have to eat here is Fruit and Broccoli, and you're lucky you don't get Brown Rice to eat with it. If you don't want to eat what we have, you can starve, think how healthy you will feel, if nothing else, you'll feel like Khloe Kardashian/Gwyneth Paltrow/[other witless celeb icon recognisable to brats] on a fasting binge"

At least it will mean they won't wanna come and visit you very often, and it sounds like they are spoilt enough to demand that of their parents as well. So if Nanny wants to see her little luvvies, she'll have to go to their place to do it. You'll have twice as much peace and quiet as well, while she's gone Cool Thumbs Up

As for "give me sweets", I'd be responding with "How about I give you a thick ear for being so rude?"

Someone really should make sweets called Thick Ears.
Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:26 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Quote:
Grandad Pepperami makes us wash our hands after we've been to the toilet...

They would have to understand what water is before they could learn to wash.

Grandad Pepperami needs to get creative with the garden hose Shifty

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand kids are a nightmare when you have n overprotective lefty 'modern parent' mother.

I clipped one of my grand kids round the ear for being very rude to his Grandmother. I thought my daughter in law was going to call the police she was that wound up about me doing it. (just a tap, not a full on beating Rolling Eyes )

Told her to fuck off with her brat if she couldn't teach it any manners so had wifie moaning she never sees said grand kid any more.

Good riddance in my view. but I can't win this one. Crying or Very sad

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I popped to Tesco's for a quick meal deal and only had cash on me for a change. They have two self scan machines, one says clearly on the screen that it is CARD ONLY. So I waited for the woman ahead of me to finish scanning her porridge so that I could use the cash one.

I had two guys ask me if the other one was working. Mate. Read the screen? Am I wearing a Tesco's uniform? Do I look like I work here? Do you think there might be a reason why I am waiting for the other one and not using the one that is free?

Don't get snitty when I give you a sarcastic answer either.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft.

Win10: Install updates, plz.

Me: No.

Win10: Install updates, plz.

Me: No.

*works away when computer freezes*

*turns computer on*

Win10: Your computer is updating.

Controlling my computer to get yer own way, v. good.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
And I thought I had my hands full with a menstrual Weimeraner.

The male equivalent in his stubborn mood isnt much fun either.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Grand kids are a nightmare when you have n overprotective lefty 'modern parent' mother.

I clipped one of my grand kids round the ear for being very rude to his Grandmother. I thought my daughter in law was going to call the police she was that wound up about me doing it. (just a tap, not a full on beating Rolling Eyes )

Told her to fuck off with her brat if she couldn't teach it any manners so had wifie moaning she never sees said grand kid any more.

Good riddance in my view. but I can't win this one. Crying or Very sad

Nothing wrong with my grandkids, I blame the grandparents. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see Ms Hellkat, it’s not about lefty parents, it’s about lazy parents and an over protective nanny Sad

I’ve tried the manners thing whilst at our house, but I just get shot down in flames EVERY time.

It’s not all bad though, they’ve gone home now Smile yay!
I’ll be in the bad books for a few days for daring to say something, but I don’t care.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Or you could leave the pc in genuine risk from a loophole discovered by the NSA or Google Project Zero?

FTFY.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids need telling from time to time, so I agree with you. We used to call my parent's house 'Grumpy and Nanna's Finishing School' because they always came back better behaved than they went. My parents took no rubbish from my kids, and I am grateful for that.

I applaud your stance, Sir.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Or you could leave the pc in genuine risk from a loophole discovered by criminals?

The updates are often a good idea, do them.

They're good idea and and should be done, but not necessarily carte blanche just because.

Otherwise you end up installing some broken, rushed out patch that causes more problems than they fix.

As was the case with the recent spectre/meltdown debacle

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

They're good idea and and should be done, but not necessarily carte blanche just because.

Otherwise you end up installing some broken, rushed out patch that causes more problems than they fix.

But how do you know if it's a good 'un or not? They don't come with a label that says, "this is a broken, rushed-out patch that will cause more problems than it will fix", or, "this one's ok."
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:39 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do them 2 weeks after everyone else.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
duhawkz wrote:

But how do you know if it's a good 'un or not? They don't come with a label that says, "this is a broken, rushed-out patch that will cause more problems than it will fix", or, "this one's ok."

You let other people be the guinea pigs. I admit it's difficult with Windows because they have so many, but definitely with iOS/Android updates wait and see if any issues are caused, and what features they're removing.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 28 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:

Phoned me last month and offered me a 'buy out' on my current contract i.e they pay off the remaining £100 left on the phone plan meaning I could upgrade. I declined with the GS9 being on the horizon and told the person on the phone I would call back next month.

<1 month later>

I have no interest in the GS9 as the biggest difference between that and the GS8 is that it's more expensive.

So I phoned today and I am told I need to pay 80 ponds to upgrade and a further £87.99 for the phone but this can be waivered because of 'loyalty' I've been with them 10 years.

However the 'buy out' offer is no longer avalible and they are denying they ever offered me it in the first place the muppet on the phone told me the earliest they could pay off my remaining balance and upgrade me for free was with three months left on my contract and went on to tell me they don't give money away for free yada yada.

That is not all through mobiles.co.uk with a 50 quid upfront fee I can get the GS8 with 12GB data and unlimited texts and minutes. The best they can do for my 'loyalty' is £47 a month for 10GB data unlimited texts and minutes. When I told this to the muppet he said it's because it's through a third party. So basically it would be cheaper to go back as a new customer. Rolling Eyes

Fuck 02. They aren't the cheapest at the best of times it looks like I'm switching to another network.

Also latest version of Chrome is fucked it keeps crashing on my phone. Evil or Very Mad

I would imagine your original offer was from the outbound retention team, they have more budget than the inbound sales guys.

However, your inbound call will have been logged. And hopefully your number will get past to the outbound team again now because you called in - and didnt take a deal.

Assuming you called from you mobile?

I reckon youll get another call from them within 2/3 days.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 01 Mar 2018    Post subject: Being a Trustico customer Reply with quote

A spat between Trustico and Digicert is resulting in the revocation of 23, 000 SSL certificates:
clicky

My SSL certificates are from them so I have to now replace them

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 01 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody van won't start. It's due new glow plugs, this be why. Minus 6 on my dash display. I was kinda relying on that
being useable tomorrow as I was meant to be driving down to Beaconsfield. I have a spare battery which I'll be
popping on charge on charger A as soon as I've finished this post, then I'm hooking the van up to charger B Hopefully
with two batteries and some jump cables I should be ok... Confused Only just got it to run yesterday when I took
the dog out, we had no snow until last night, that was the final straw. I suppose there might be a fuel heater device
that's N/W under there somewhere. Who knows? I'll get it booked in for ASAP and get it a service while its in.

Last edited by grr666 on 14:58 - 01 Mar 2018; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 01 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
You do them 2 weeks after everyone else.

And leave yourself unprotected for 2 weeks all the time.

I never used to bother with updates, my PC and laptop were both on stock Win' 7 (not even SP1). I got one virus on my laptop where I installed a program and didn't spot it was also installing a load of adware (sort of my fault), and one on my PC from a dodgy copy of Windows Loader (totally my fault).

Only since they've been actively searching for security flaws and then massively publicising them has it really been an issue IMO, unless you use Internet Explorer and no AV Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 50 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 343 of 698