Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:15 - 07 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Loui5D wrote:
Need new chain & sprockets fitting relatively soon.

All garages round me are busy.

Guy that i'd normally take my bike to in North Wales has had an operation & will be out of it for a few weeks...

Why not tackle it yourself? You'll only need basic tools, unless it's a rivet job, in which case invest in a £20 Ebay chain breaking/rivetting kit.

It will pay for itself in the first use and you don't have to drop it off to a shop or make an appointment every time.

I've probably got all the tools needed bar a chain riveter, but I don't trust myself enough to not screw something like this up. If I had another vehicle then I'd be more inclined to do more work myself, if I try anything & cock it up then I've no transport at all.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:23 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished a night's worth of Jen la taxi (following an afternoon of super shrink-sec in chelsea) am finally heading home but can't get a parking space in my own road, have to walk half a block, not usually an effort EXCEPT as I backed into the space it started to rain and now it's pissing down so I am still in the car til it stops.

Rolling Eyes
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:02 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a grey pube stuck in there from one of your elderly fan club?
Laughing Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be some hardened jiz, I imagine that's a sod to get off of the tonsils. Never mind gummy bear, get well soon.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:29 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of those days.

Didn't sleep very well. Go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription and despite having ordered it 2 days ago, they haven't got it from the doctors yet. On my way to work in the car, and it comes up with an error message and keeps going into limp mode randomly, like a schizophrenic spastic. Get to work and most of the estate has broken down, meaning busy stressful day. Working til 6 today and tomorrow, so I'm going to struggle to get the car into a garage before the weekend, and to top it off the dishwasher leaked all over the kitchen floor overnight.

GAH!

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 08 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you need to contact some company or other with a query, and choose to use email or the form on their website rather than the phone (eg because you're at work and can't make a call, or because you know you'll end up on hold listening to Barry Manilow for 40 minutes); and instead of emailing back with the (simple) answer they leave you a voicemail saying 'thanks for your message please will you give me a ring back' Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The traffic is SO BAD out there that I have given myself the night off.

As I am currently doing a day job and a night job, I think I can afford to have the odd day off when the traffic is as ridiculously snarled as it has been yesterday and today.

I nearly lost my rag last night and its entirely possible I earned myself at least two tickets for traffic injunctions ... I just had to get out of there.

I'm not going out there again tonight Folded arms

In fact ... I think I'll treat myself to a nice spliff
Not had one for AGES, working too hard.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:33 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
when the traffic is as ridiculously snarled as it has been yesterday and today.

When is it not?

Honestly, to us provincials, London seems like a gridlock of yelling cabbies with #BakLify weaving in and out stabbing and AcidJetting®, and the occasional horse and cart trotting round and round.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well believe it or not, sometimes it's even worse than that.
Rolling Eyes
On such days ... I take a sabbatical.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
In fact ... I think I'll treat myself to a nice spliff

https://www.joshuanhook.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/4a3c3e9ddb89babe1ae32689dd958171.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so if it makes you feel better, I didn't get round to having the spliff, cos I've only got some of that really couchlocky stuff on board, and I figured if I am going to have to be working on the weekend (to make up for having today off Rolling Eyes ) then a spliff hangover is probably not the best thing to have if one plans to convey the general populace about the metropolis.

So I had several easy-peelers and a small bag of Mini Cheddars instead.

Sad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran out three days ago and am supposed to be laying off it a bit. It's not the weed, it's the garbage I eat and
the sheer quantity I get through when I'm mashed. All eaten at the wrong time of day. i.e. Just before bed. smh
I know it's bad because I had to buy new leathers last week TWO sizes bigger than my goto pair. At this rate I'll have
a bigger butt than that Karcrashian tart. #gettingtubby

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:59 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
hellkat wrote:
when the traffic is as ridiculously snarled as it has been yesterday and today.

When is it not?

Honestly, to us provincials, London seems like a gridlock of yelling cabbies with #BakLify weaving in and out stabbing and AcidJetting®, and the occasional horse and cart trotting round and round.

Nottingham is worse IMO. Though London commuter traffic has been particularly fecked since the snow just melted. Not aided last night by a class 2 dumping a tank of diesel on the A2 in the rain. Bonus is ny boots now look shiny and new Very Happy

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordic walkers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failed MOT and some cunt parked his car outside my house, on a bus stop as well... Been there since 11am, still there now @ 1547.

I took photo's and sent them to the shit parking society on Facebook

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really fancy a roast dinner today but all those cvnts taking their mothers to Sunday Lunch will mean all the relevant places are packed.
Brick Wall

Even going to Tesco and getting myself a rib of beef and a bag of King Edwards involves throngs of frantically-purchasing people.

It's a good thing I didn't finish Friday night's curry.
But it's just not the same Sad

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:04 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I really fancy a roast dinner today but all those cvnts taking their mothers to Sunday Lunch will mean all the relevant places are packed.
Brick Wall

Can't cook/won't cook?

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can cook just fine.
But now some donuts have arrived (instead of flowers) so I think I shall go back to bed and stay there for the duration.
Supposed to be going out to a talk in Shoreditch, but too cold, too stoned.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Do you own the road outside your house? Is the bus stop used on a Sunday afternoon?

Err no I don't own the road, but the car was actually blocking traffic, our road is quite narrow and cars only park on one side of the road.

This happened on Saturday.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todays rant is sponsored by Panadol!

I constantly get pounding headaches. Same place every time. Feels like someoen is ramming a knitting needle in my right eye.

Doctor says teeth grinding.
Dentist says 'maybe', but only shelling out £500 will provide an answer. Try optician.
Optician doesn't see any reason for my current issues to cause headaches.

I'm at the point where I just want to put my head through the wall! Brick Wall

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
Todays rant is sponsored by Panadol!

I constantly get pounding headaches. Same place every time. Feels like someoen is ramming a knitting needle in my right eye.

Doctor says teeth grinding.
Dentist says 'maybe', but only shelling out £500 will provide an answer. Try optician.
Optician doesn't see any reason for my current issues to cause headaches.

I'm at the point where I just want to put my head through the wall! Brick Wall

Ask your doctor for a CT scan of your head! , it could be that bad aids. Shocked

Seriously, ask for scan, constant headache is not a good indicator?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 346 of 698