Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:31 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is Pepperami’s day off day (or at least until tonight), so it could? be a out for a spin day.
However it’s raining AND I have now been strong-armed into going to the zoo with HER grandchildren Evil or Very Mad

Oh deep joy!........ never mind at least I can say hello to the tigers Thumbs Up

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original 106 Aberdeen and its endless repetitive playlist. On all day in the office because someone "just needs something on in the background".

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:54 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Today is Pepperami’s day off day (or at least until tonight), so it could? be a out for a spin day.
However it’s raining AND I have now been strong-armed into going to the zoo with HER grandchildren Evil or Very Mad

Oh deep joy!........ never mind at least I can say hello to the tigers Thumbs Up

I love going to the zoo. We have Whipsnade and Woburn near us which I think my grandkids are thoroughly fed up with as I drag them there with monotonous regularity. Laughing

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:05 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
On all day in the office because someone "just needs something on in the background".

Tell them it's not a hairdressers Wink

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Original 106 Aberdeen and its endless repetitive playlist. On all day in the office because someone "just needs something on in the background".

Christ, that must be worse than the monotony that is Heart FM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I love going to the zoo. We have Whipsnade and Woburn near us which I think my grandkids are thoroughly fed up with as I drag them there with monotonous regularity. Laughing

Mrs Virus is a vet and enjoys spending ages looking at more exotic stuff and reading every plaque, then watching its behaviour and trying to work out its mental health and overall health.

Luckily for me I'm easily pleased by big cats, apes or reptiles Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:39 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People at work telling me it's ok to leave the tea bag in the cup while adding milk.
Insane.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:42 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
People at work telling me it's ok to leave the tea bag in the cup while adding milk.
Insane.

Kill them! Kill them all,

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Insane.

Leave the teabag and ditch the milk, you bloody heathen. Laughing

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 11:50 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sick Chicken with me today at work, Trying to spoon feed her some water and food. She had some water earlier but won't even move her beak for the food at all, nor the water now.

arrgh!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realisation that I can't cope with the modern world. Im a dinosaur. Im now trying to work out when the wave of future shock actually broke over me. I think it may be around the same time mobile phones became normal. Around 2005.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MZ's clutch is slipping, a lot.

After I fixed the oil leaks, put new throttle assembly on, new bearings all around, rebuilt the rear suspension, fixed the stuck choke........ I went for a ride and the clutch plates are probably fecked. Thumbs Down

Cable adjustment doesn't help, so yay me. Instead of riding the bike I'm going to be taking it apart again.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Realisation that I can't cope with the modern world. Im a dinosaur. Im now trying to work out when the wave of future shock actually broke over me. I think it may be around the same time mobile phones became normal. Around 2005.

I was sitting in a foodie pub by my marina yesterday and was amazed at how many people were paying by phone rather than card. It must have been at least half.

I have just about got my head around contactless Embarassed

I presume with a phone you can choose what card you pay with meaning you don't have to carry credit cards anymore?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifie (again) Brick Wall

- Can you check when my MOT expires dear.

- OK, ............WTF MOT expired on 7 June 2017

Oh did it? Why didn't you tell me. Can you book it in next week and take it for me, I'll use your car until then.

9 months driving it around untaxed and calm as a cucumber. Blames me for not telling her when it expired and is going to steal my car until hers is MOT'd.

I think I'll be killing her instead of the pikey in my carpet stain thread.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Wifie (again) Brick Wall

Oh did it? Why didn't you tell me. Can you book it in next week and take it for me, I'll use your car until then.

In my experience they have similar attitudes to

Cleaning the car.
Knowing what all the warning lights mean.
Adding fuel to the thing.
Booking any kind of work needing doing.
Buying any parts.
Checking fluid levels and tyre condition/pressure, like ever.
Anything that may potentially end with some dirt or grime on their hands

It's that selective feminism at work again, wants to do the fun bit driving it but fuck the rest of it off to a bloke to do.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My THIRD puncture - rear tyre CBF500... as this time it's a metal strip in my tyre I'm writing off the tyre, only done 4K on it.... Brick Wall

However I managed to complete my work for the day and I will replace the tyre with a PR4 so it's not so bad.....

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's that selective feminism at work again, wants to do the fun bit driving it but fuck the rest of it off to a bloke to do.

Cleaning the car.
How hard is that? My local automatic carwash takes exactly one chocolate brownie, one Ginger and Honey Yoghurt and 3 watermelon/mango/pineapple fingers (assorted) to get through the whole carwash cycle. Obvs I can't eat in the hand-car-wash cos I have to get out and ponce about with my heels on for the chaps cleaning my car*.

Yes, what is that funny uterus-looking one?

I'd quite like to know how to turn off my side lights whilst you're about it. 18 months in these damn Priuses and I still haven't bothered to worked it out.

I can do this. I am strong, I am invincible, etc.

Okay, believe it or not: if a bird calls the garage and say "My car makes a funny noise that sounds like wibblepop" - they will charge us 30% more than if a bloke rang and said the same thing. Therefore, pointless us doing it; think of it more as saving yourself 30% on the price by calling for us. Financial wizardry and general manliness points abound.

Buying any parts.
Lets go Dutch: you send me a link to the part I need and I'll buy it, if you promise to put it on for me.

#RosietheRiveter

Reason for this is : They Chinesey ladies would tut under their little Oriental breaths if you came in with hands that looked as though they have actually grafted.

*Actually what I have to do is put my tip in their politely-labelled Box ("Tips thank you") and record my details on their sheet so they can send it back to Mr Addison and Mr Lee and claim their Brucey Bonus. Dishing out flirty red-lipstick grins and prancing about in the puddles with one's heels on isn't actually mandatory, its just the weekly equivalent of giving them a box of biscuits at Christmas.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Wifie (again) Brick Wall

9 months driving it around untaxed and calm as a cucumber. Blames me for not telling her when it expired and is going to steal my car until hers is MOT'd.

I think I'll be killing her instead of the pikey in my carpet stain thread.

say nothing right now, that's ammunition for the potnoodle/carpet war Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Quote:

Cleaning the car.
How hard is that? My local automatic carwash takes exactly one chocolate brownie, one Ginger and Honey Yoghurt and 3 watermelon/mango/pineapple fingers (assorted) to get through the whole carwash cycle. Obvs I can't eat in the hand-car-wash cos I have to get out and ponce about with my heels on for the chaps cleaning my car*.

Yes, what is that funny uterus-looking one?

I'd quite like to know how to turn off my side lights whilst you're about it. 18 months in these damn Priuses and I still haven't bothered to worked it out.

I can do this. I am strong, I am invincible, etc.

Okay, believe it or not: if a bird calls the garage and say "My car makes a funny noise that sounds like wibblepop" - they will charge us 30% more than if a bloke rang and said the same thing. Therefore, pointless us doing it; think of it more as saving yourself 30% on the price by calling for us. Financial wizardry and general manliness points abound.

Buying any parts.
Lets go Dutch: you send me a link to the part I need and I'll buy it, if you promise to put it on for me.

#RosietheRiveter

Reason for this is : They Chinesey ladies would tut under their little Oriental breaths if you came in with hands that looked as though they have actually grafted.

*Actually what I have to do is put my tip in their politely-labelled Box ("Tips thank you") and record my details on their sheet so they can send it back to Mr Addison and Mr Lee and claim their Brucey Bonus. Dishing out flirty red-lipstick grins and prancing about in the puddles with one's heels on isn't actually mandatory, its just the weekly equivalent of giving them a box of biscuits at Christmas.

Biker ho's don't count... Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:11 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes they do.

I had to ride home* from the nail bar once, without gloves, because there was an audible intake of breath when I went to put my gloves on over the recently-finished nails.

*an entire distance of possibly a mile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:50 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Oh yes they do.

I had to ride home* from the nail bar once, without gloves, because there was an audible intake of breath when I went to put my gloves on over the recently-finished nails.

*an entire distance of possibly a mile

A novel way of drying your nail varnish. Were they impressed?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its difficult to tell.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick Wall Yes, you guessed it - wifie again.

Grovelled to the garage and got her car in for an MOT at noon today so she dropped it off after her morning run and left my phone number.

So Leo calls (yes, I'm on first term names with all the garage staff Rolling Eyes )

I'm sorry Sir its failed.

OK, what on?

Discs. The rear ones were metal to metal and are totally unsafe, the front ones are an advisory Sir, but if you would like to come and inspect them and decide.

So off I toddle and yes the rear ones were gash and the front ones not much better so how much for the lot. She must have had the radio up really loud not to hear the grinding. Shocked

£520 for 4 discs, 2 new wheel bearings and 4 sets of pads. Crying or Very sad

Wifies response - I haven't got any money this month, will you pay and I'll pay you back. Rolling Eyes

Yeah right, thats the last I've seen of £500. I wish I'd left the stain in the fcukin carpet now Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 353, 354, 355 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 354 of 698