Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:09 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
"Mrs Brown"

Now there's a face I could squat upon to download a Brown fucking load.

Can't stand the thing.

I don't mind the Irish thing, either, cos I am used to the Irish, what with the Catholic convent I went to, etc. But s/he gets right up me and clears my log-jam every time. S/he genuinely makes me want to shit.

Not averse to a bit of male-female shenanigans (obvs, e.g. Dame Edna) and even most other assorted alternaive-gender-japery is fine with me ... even Eddie Thingo - and he's a rampant loony lefty, but at least he's a bit fanciable under all the slappage and the 50 denier tights - but there's something about that Mrs Brown fella that grinds my teeth. And not in a good way.

Ughhhhhh *shiver*

Time for a bit of audience participation/dirty protest?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:14 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
"Mrs Brown"

Can't stand the thing.

I can't even watch two minutes and can't see what's funny about it at all. Despite typically not enjoying American humour
Family Guy is the funniest show on TV. I quite like American Dad too, both shows make me genuinely laugh out loud,
my only gripe is that I've seen more or less all of them, watching re runs isn't so funny but I have a few episodes that do
it every time. McStroke is one, Extra Large Medium is another.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

woke up with sore throat and stuffy nose

not sure if hayfever or bad aids yet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:02 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Nobbys nuts. Rolling Eyes

It needs replacing. Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:07 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't look in great shape in the picture he sent me. Shocked Must have mangled it with that ruddy great spanner.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORwfm2s6JeY

Thumbs Up

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

Woke up in the same way a couple of weeks ago, Hay Fever kicked in.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part deux of my last post re flies.

Having resorted to using fly spray my gears are ground round by the overly theatrical, noisy deaths of the said flies once they come into contact with insecticide.

They're doing it just to piss me off. I know it Confused

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
hellkat wrote:
"Mrs Brown"

Can't stand the thing.

I can't even watch two minutes and can't see what's funny about it at all. Despite typically not enjoying American humour
Family Guy is the funniest show on TV. I quite like American Dad too, both shows make me genuinely laugh out loud,
my only gripe is that I've seen more or less all of them, watching re runs isn't so funny but I have a few episodes that do
it every time. McStroke is one, Extra Large Medium is another.

ITV2 has 'new' episodes of both on Monday night, well new to the UK. American Dad still does it for me, Family Guy ran out of ideas a while ago (a bit like South Park & The Simpsons), but it's quite topical so can still be amusing although not really funny like it was.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:44 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Mrs Brown's Boys with a passion.

boundy
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:46 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
The amount of fresh air achieved by opening windows in nice weather is outweighed by the number of flies that fly in and then can't find their way out.

We've got a big Velux window and even when you open it fully a stupid bluebottle will just keep head-butting the glass instead of flying out through the 3ft gap available.

I'm going to resort to fly spray if they don't bugger off. Trouble is, then you have to deal with the corpses. Puke

Sorted Thumbs Up VELUX fly screen
https://2ecffd01e1ab3e9383f0-07db7b9624bbdf022e3b5395236d5cf8.ssl.cf4.rackcdn.com/Product-800x800/e676ef11-5672-4644-a97d-a20b1a0a6247.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

As do I. Horrible programme.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
MarJay wrote:

As do I. Horrible programme.

Does the BBC make good comedies anymore? It seems to be shit like Mrs Brown', Citizen Khan, and Not Going Out (in its tenth f'ing series Shocked).

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Does the BBC make good comedies anymore?

Oh, yes.
It's on once per month, comes in letterbox format and always begins with the words 'The Legal Occupier'.

Hilarious! Pass the popcorn
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:28 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy their panel shows, QI, Would I Lie To You etc.

I'd also point out that Mrs Brown is not an Irish Transexual, but is in fact a drag act (there may even be a MORE PC term for it, but either way transexual is not appropriate for what is going on there).

Just to add to the gear grinding. I'm due to finish my current job on the 1st of June, but I haven't had confirmation from HR of my leaving date. Two weeks to go, and I don't have a leaving date. Gears well and truly ground.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I enjoy their panel shows, QI, Would I Lie To You etc.

Not since Stephen Fry left Folded arms WILTY was briefly amusing... is it still going? Neutral

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was grinding my gears today was that fucktard BMW driver who slowed down to 15MPH because of a speedtrap.... fucking arsehole.

Speed limit was 30MPH...

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:46 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
WILTY was briefly amusing... is it still going? Neutral

Yep went to see it live the other day and have been a few times. It's better live than on TV as it goes on a lot longer and there is more swearing and inappropriateness.

To be honest though I think that Lee Mack has stopped trying. He thought he was going to be billy big bo**ocks on Top Gear recently and just fell totally flat. I think he thinks his quick wit will get him where he needs to be, and sadly I don't think that's the case so much these days.

David Mitchell is still pretty funny though, although he does the repressed middle class rant a little too often sometimes. Depending on what guests you get on the show, can completely change it. Some highlights for me included Harry Shearer, Germaine Greer (I usually dislike her, but she's good on the show) Jo Brand (see Germaine Greer) Martin Kemp and most surprisingly the baby faced footballer Jermaine Jenas was pretty hilarious.

Some surprisingly poor guests include Alan Davies, who basically did bog all for 3hrs and then collected his fee.

Sorry more gear grinding. I have a bad neck, my GF is away and keeps phoning me to moan about how bad her day is.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Yep went to see it live the other day and have been a few times. It's better live than on TV as it goes on a lot longer and there is more swearing and inappropriateness.

To be honest though I think that Lee Mack has stopped trying. He thought he was going to be billy big bo**ocks on Top Gear recently and just fell totally flat. I think he thinks his quick wit will get him where he needs to be, and sadly I don't think that's the case so much these days.

David Mitchell is still pretty funny though, although he does the repressed middle class rant a little too often sometimes. Depending on what guests you get on the show, can completely change it. Some highlights for me included Harry Shearer, Germaine Greer (I usually dislike her, but she's good on the show) Jo Brand (see Germaine Greer) Martin Kemp and most surprisingly the baby faced footballer Jermaine Jenas was pretty hilarious.

I don't find Lee Mack funny... like at all, hence the above comment about Not Going Out. I do David Mitchell but he seems to be on every comedy panel show, and his wife gets on my tits a bit even though she's Wub

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasp in helmet.

Quickest I’ve ever stopped and de-kitted!

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:44 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zip has gone on my 13 year old Alpinestars jacket, flew open at about 50mph like a cape. £30 for replacement zip at local leather repair place.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ride_to_die wrote:
Zip has gone on my 13 year old Alpinestars jacket, flew open at about 50mph like a cape. £30 for replacement zip at local leather repair place.

I would say that's pretty reasonable.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failed Module 2 (A2 > A; for extra larks).

"Pull up behind the car," I was told, and so I did (hill start).

"Pull away when you're ready," I was told.

Pull away fine to get up onto the next piece of road when a car comes past, at speed, on the wrong side of the road: serious fault.

I was going too slow. Although I'm awaiting to see if my point that going too slow would cause a car to stop behind me, rather than overtake on the wrong side of the road and past a junction (from what I recall), will fall on deaf ears, or not.

I cried, and then laughed.

Wbu? Crying or Very sad Laughing

ride_to_die
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:33 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I would say that's pretty reasonable.

I agree, I've definately had my monies worth out of the jacket.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 330 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 367 of 698