Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 05 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
recman wrote:
Tuesdays.
Absolutely no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

Slightly closer to Friday than Monday?

Apart from that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a new bike and I cant decide what I want!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
I want a new bike and I cant decide what I want!

I think you can decide.
Nip along to your nearest Triumph dealer, indulge your craving.

Anyway, a cold grindeth the gears of my being. Sad

Last edited by recman on 15:04 - 06 Jun 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I think you can decide.
Nip along to your nearest Triumph dealer, indulge your craving.

My budget wont stretch that far, or I'd be rolling around on a Tiger 800 by now!

The Royal Enfield Himalayan caught my eye. But 25hp lugging nearly 200Kg of 'very good steelings'. Nah!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
My budget wont stretch that far, or I'd be rolling around on a Tiger 800 by now!

Fair enough. What kind of wedge are we talking?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
LustyLew wrote:

Fair enough. What kind of wedge are we talking?

£3k, £3.5k if it's perfect.

Like the adventure styling, but not essential. That, or naked styling is nice too. Primarily commuting with some holidays around the UK.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably get this for three and a half.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806057206469?make=triumph&model=street-triple&r=4

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:42 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Do it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Bikes do look better in black Crying or Very sad

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking cars

mg is scrap

needs a lot more work then I realised doing to it

inclusive of all brakes need discs callipers and pads
all four wheels need bearing as on verge of collapse
still needs clutch and slave doing as my mechanic spotted all this stuff when he put it on ramp

also needs two rear tyres asap due to nails (could be neighbour sabotaging my car)
new rear bumper (which I knew about )
drivers seat needs recovering as stitching gone

so all in all about a grand to a grand and a half of work

so not owrth it

also pissed off that the bloke that bought my bike that I considered a mate (works on my bikes and is a proper bike shop)
I sold it to him cheaper then I wanted really and i actually had another offer for more but had agreed to his already as he told me when I bought it he wanted it for his collection

ive now found out its up for sale for over a grand more then I sold it for in his shop

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 06 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
mg is scrap

Could have told you that before you bought it Very Happy

andyscooter wrote:
ive now found out its up for sale for over a grand more then I sold it for in his shop

Same thing happened with my last bike, I was honest about it and sold it cheap to a lad who was getting his licence*, then he advertised it for a grand more Rolling Eyes

*I was going to offer to buy it back off him if he couldn't get his licence (what I suspected happened) until I saw how much he wanted...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

also pissed off that the bloke that bought my bike that I considered a mate (works on my bikes and is a proper bike shop)
I sold it to him cheaper then I wanted really and i actually had another offer for more but had agreed to his already as he told me when I bought it he wanted it for his collection

Not worth getting the hump over. For whatever reason you sold it, once it's gone it's the other persons choice what happens with it. Maybe your garage mate needs some quick funds and can get that bit more selling from a garage? Who knows.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got up in the wee small hours this morning for piss.
Got halfway down the stairs and fell down the rest.
Initially thought I'd done some damage to my shoulder or broke my collar bone because of the pain but it must just be a muscular injury.
I'm sore now. Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:49 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Initially thought I'd done some damage to my shoulder or broke my collar bone because of the pain but it must just be a muscular injury.
I'm sore now. Sad

You're getting old mate. Chamber pot under the bed from now on Laughing

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:40 - 07 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm sore now. Sad

Naproxen.... that will sort it...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:13 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naproxen is good but it makes me dizzy and my eyes blurry Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:46 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day from hell - hellkat style

1. Run out of loopaper. Luckily bought babywipes night before.
2. Step out door, accosted by nosy neighbour wanting to know am I moving, why so many empty boxes brought in house this week? Tell them just having kitchen renovated soon, need to move everything out of kitchen. Cross fingers behind back.
3. Many lorries on The Highway.
4. Twenty minutes late for work due to neighbourly inquisition.
5. Parking ticket £40. At least car not towed this time.
6. Passenger, 21 years old, male, quite fit, enters car at Hammersmith Broadway and advises me he is going to be taking off his clothes on journey to West Acton (and replacing them with clean ones for second job). I can't peek because professional driver. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Genuinely don't peek. Clearly getting long in tooth.
7. Stop to ponder what I was doing 21 years ago. Realise I was running away from home Shocked
8. Phone battery dies during conversation with potential next passenger. Spare energy pack won't charge phone. Threaten to throw leads out window.
9. Job cancelled, waiting time 32 minutes.
10. Next job LHR T2 pick-up - I hate LHR pick-ups Mad
10a. Pick-up slightly improved by turning out to be young (and friendly) Finnish supermodel.
11. M4 closed and diversion around Parkway and A4.
11a. Supermodel tired, cold ("London not as warm as Greece") but still dewy, beautiful in a Nordic blonde eyebrows and plumped lips sort of way, cheekbones to die for. I, grumpy silent old bag, crazed lipstick, grey roots, "laughter lines".
12. Battery dies for second time halfway through final booking (but which includes large white fluffy dog called Henry), luckily I know where going.
13. All shops closed, no food available. Find Londis, get loopaper and milk. Hate Londis. Poky.
14. Just want home, tea, slippers, bed, bloke. Bloke not home. Am close to tears.
15. Post on doorstep includes motivational card from people who tell me God is always with me. Clearly, He is not today. Remind self of starving children in Africa.
14. Stomp off to put kettle on and find slippers.
15. Slug in slipper kisses my big toe and tells me it loves me Puke Puke Puke

Salt+slug = slime Twisted Evil

Sir Clip
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 03:00 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Hellkats day from hell Reply with quote

Fukin ell mate, have a hug from me, would you kike a virtual B+J icecream? Thought my day was shite....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

1. Run out of loopaper. Luckily bought babywipes night before.
2. Step out door, accosted by nosy neighbour wanting to know am I moving, why so many empty boxes brought in house this week? Tell them just having kitchen renovated soon, need to move everything out of kitchen. Cross fingers behind back.
3. Many lorries on The Highway.
4. Twenty minutes late for work due to neighbourly inquisition.
5. Parking ticket £40. At least car not towed this time.
6. Passenger, 21 years old, male, quite fit, enters car at Hammersmith Broadway and advises me he is going to be taking off his clothes on journey to West Acton (and replacing them with clean ones for second job). I can't peek because professional driver. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Genuinely don't peek. Clearly getting long in tooth.
7. Stop to ponder what I was doing 21 years ago. Realise I was running away from home Shocked
8. Phone battery dies during conversation with potential next passenger. Spare energy pack won't charge phone. Threaten to throw leads out window.
9. Job cancelled, waiting time 32 minutes.
10. Next job LHR T2 pick-up - I hate LHR pick-ups Mad
10a. Pick-up slightly improved by turning out to be young (and friendly) Finnish supermodel.
11. M4 closed and diversion around Parkway and A4.
11a. Supermodel tired, cold ("London not as warm as Greece") but still dewy, beautiful in a Nordic blonde eyebrows and plumped lips sort of way, cheekbones to die for. I, grumpy silent old bag, crazed lipstick, grey roots, "laughter lines".
12. Battery dies for second time halfway through final booking (but which includes large white fluffy dog called Henry), luckily I know where going.
13. All shops closed, no food available. Find Londis, get loopaper and milk. Hate Londis. Poky.
14. Just want home, tea, slippers, bed, bloke. Bloke not home. Am close to tears.
15. Post on doorstep includes motivational card from people who tell me God is always with me. Clearly, He is not today. Remind self of starving children in Africa.
14. Stomp off to put kettle on and find slippers.
15. Slug in slipper kisses my big toe and tells me it loves me Puke Puke Puke

Salt+slug = slime Twisted Evil

Well, I hope typing that lot out was a catharsis for you Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:51 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

16. Put camera in cab, livestream strippers and models.
17. Great profit.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Naproxen is good but it makes me dizzy and my eyes blurry Cool

Captain Morgans Spiced does that to me! Wasted

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:52 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who take their basket of shopping to the tobacco counter in supermarkets. Evil or Very Mad

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:25 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

1. Run out of loopaper.

You are Bodyguard and I claim my five shitty ponds

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifie has just filled up her diesel Megane with fucking unleaded and driven it home. Evil or Very Mad

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 08 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Wifie has just filled up her diesel Megane with fucking unleaded and driven it home. Evil or Very Mad

SMH. It's time to take the keys away mate. Clowns with tits the lot of them where cars are concerned.

Mine came home from pole the other night. (This woman has two degrees, one of them a first with hons)
Her - "The headlights are broken. They are stuck on full beam. I've tried everything and its full beam or parking lights.
People were flashing at me as I drove home". Me - "I'm not surprised" as the headlights on the Swift are AWESOMELY
bright xenons even on dip beam. So I go outside and pull the lever back and switch them back onto dipped, exactly as
they are supposed to work. The ham fisted mare must have clumped them into full beam when signalling and then drove
the rest of the way home burning oncoming peoples retinas out. I took her outside for "How your lights work 101" on
the car she's been driving for 2 years now. It's frightening how some of them are allowed to be in charge of vehicle.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 369, 370, 371 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 370 of 698