Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 391, 392, 393 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:08 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCS, and no, not for the fact they always have a sale on Rolling Eyes

I bought a chair from them. I very nice wingback chair for me, nothing special in that but I have just got an email from them saying if I leave a review on Trust pilot now they will enter me into a draw to win the item I have bought.

Bearing in mind that I have yet to receive the chair and it could come broken, damaged, late or whatever and of course the actual shop experience is obviously pretty slick do you think this amounts to coercion into leaving good ratings on trust pilot?

I'm about 3 rums away from e-mailing trust pilot and asking if they are aware of practices like this.

I am tempted to leave a shitty review but then my chair might come broken or late. Shocked

Should I stop being a grumpy old fart. Cool

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Lost a crown, centre right.
Gappy!

Worst of it is ... a 99 Flake is what caused it to go. Arse.

Wobbled itself about over the ensuing 2 hours whilst I was visiting with one of my buddies ... and it finally fell out with my first mouthful of spicy chicken wings the minute I got home.

Not smiling till its fixed.
Mad

I lost a crown eating a small type of galaxy bar, like a ripple in shape. Not a toffee or a chewy sweet. It's still in my wallet. Embarassed

I've knocked my front teeth out then the crowns out through various mishaps over the years. One dentist wanted to fit gold ones, and charge me extra for natural colours, but I wouldn't pay, and he fitted the natural colours and not the gold ones anyway. I was slightly disappointed Laughing

Finally got around to seeing dentist today, made an appointment same day, fixed my crown back in, cost under £40. Said it might be time to consider a white filling as it keeps happening.

I protested that it doesn't. (My front ones, yes, they are always getting knocked out, but not this back one) He showed me my dental records and the three times he's fixed it already. I literally have no memory of two of them. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 13 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Canary wharf today, first time in a week or so, delivering to number one Canada Square, I got a bit of a shock because the motorcycle parking bays have gone and the pedestrian crossing had been moved back a few feet. WHAT? when did that happen? Shocked

Oh and I got another puncture, a screw but it's gone in straight so plugging should be a piece of piss. A job for the weekend. Crying or Very sad

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Drove all the way to Stowmarket today to go to the John Peel Centre.
Got there only to find that it is just an event venue and has no memorabilia regarding John Peel Sad
Not even a picture of him!

Don't get me wrong, I liked John but what kind of memorabilia would you have expected to find?
A mic, a massive record collection and some t-shirts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:53 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Maybe a pair of doc martins? Laughing

Ahh Peely...miss him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 14 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I liked John but what kind of memorabilia would you have expected to find?
A mic, a massive record collection and some t-shirts?

All of the above, plus what about a visual audio journey of his life.
What about some stuff from the bands he broke out in this country, for example, I’d never heard Kraftwerk until I heard them on the Peel show.

I don’t know! I just wanted more from a venue with his name on it Crying or Very sad
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 16 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reselling of faulty returned items is sometimes done by Argos. Be warned!!
If you're buying in Argos you need to insist they open the container in front of you (unless it's a clam shell case etc) because I'm sure they have rolls of new box sealing stickers in the back room to make goods appear unopened.
A recent 'almost' purchase by me there was an office shredder. The box was mint condition and the sealing sticker appeared to be original with no adhesive overlap. I'd had previous issues with them selling faulty returns and insisted they open the shredder box - I can still remember the bead of sweat forming on the shop workers forehead... The plastic bags holding each component had clearly been torn open by a customer before me. The wire box to hold shreddings looked to have been stood on and bent. I immediately insisted on a refund despite them having more stock and told them I had lost confidence in their goods.

The Chinese sellers make a fortune for the likes of Ebay. That's why they never go punished - Ebay want money and don't want to actually put much effort in.
I too have noticed the claiming to be UK goods but are actually being shipped in. They employ a multitude of tricks to get by things including stuffing a big box full with UK destined goods, flying them over to Germany, unboxing and then posting to the UK. Obviously labels give the game away.
Heck I even stopped buying from Alibaba (yes I know they're all owned by one or two companies) due to the influx of faulty goods. I'd begun importing parts to make kits (basically lightweight lighting units for sports,security etc)and selling them as a whole product. Unfortunately the Chinese sellers began dropping the odd non-working part in and it was stalling shipment to customers at my end and I was suffering. You've hit the nail on the head with shipping costs and return shipping costs. I became so frustrated that I ended stopping what I did and started another venture.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ads that won't close however often you click the X. Mainly on news sites. Evil or Very Mad

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:45 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

youths and buses

why on earth do teenagers wait for 15 minutes for a bus that will take them on a journey into town, that they could walk in 10?

in rush hour, I can outrun the Bedford to Kempston bus with ease. It will still be in Bedford when I run back.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Long Legs.

There seem to be more of them this year. Stupid things. They seem unable to control their direction of travel or their silly legs. They just skitter around randomly. I'm always worried they'll get tangled in my hair.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Daddy Long Legs.

There seem to be more of them this year. Stupid things. They seem unable to control their direction of travel or their silly legs. They just skitter around randomly. I'm always worried they'll get tangled in my hair.

Don't worry, they'll give the bats something to eat. Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Not me personally, but I've got a mate who's been waiting 16 hours now, for RAC to recover him, his wife and a mate, with their van and caravan from a services on the M4 to back home in Essex.

The Police moved them from the motorway to the services, so aparently they're no longer a priority. 16 fecking hours! They broke down last night before 11PM and are still waiting for recovery at 3PM the next day. Shocked

Is that because they have a caravan? They can have a kip while they are waiting or make a cuppa.

Oh, van and caravan, Essex pikeys Whistle

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 17 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Long Legs.

Nah, Flies are more of a problem, fucking buggers, I've managed to swat a couple tonight.. spent most of the summer with my trusty swatter. BASTARDS.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Is that because they have a caravan? They can have a kip while they are waiting or make a cuppa.

Oh, van and caravan, Essex pikeys Whistle

Thats racist.

The modern politically correct term is vermin.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This.

https://i.imgur.com/Vx9wQP2.jpg?1

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FUCKING CHRISTMAS

Last edited by Fisty on 20:52 - 18 Sep 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FUCKING CHRISTAMS

And just to show how mad it makes me, I'm gonna spell it wrong in bold, large font and capitals Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And just to show how mad it makes me, I'm gonna spell it wrong in bold, large font and capitals Razz

I was furiously button mashing.

Fixed for your viewing pleasure xxxx

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past two nights I boot up my PC and I get asked to login to fucking spotify...... which has suspiciously been installed on my PC.. Fuck you microsoft. Middle Finger

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy Long Legs

I haven't seen one flying around so far. Not all summer, that I remember. I thought that the long dry spell might have done for their larvae.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Daddy Long Legs

I haven't seen one flying around so far. Not all summer, that I remember. I thought that the long dry spell might have done for their larvae.

Wasps seem pretty rare this year as well, despite the hot summer - same thing perhaps? Not complaining though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
(Daddy Long Legs) I haven't seen one flying around so far. Not all summer, that I remember. I thought that the long dry spell might have done for their larvae.

Wasps seem pretty rare this year as well, despite the hot summer - same thing perhaps? Not complaining though.

Argh! Wasps! On topic:

Today I have been mainly pulping garden apples for juice.

BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ! Argh!

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 18 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Agreed, hardly seen any myself, also not complaining Cool
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 391, 392, 393 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 392 of 698