Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Private Parking enforcement

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 02 Dec 2014    Post subject: Private Parking enforcement Reply with quote

My daughter got a parking 'fine' back in october from a company called ParkingEye.

She did it in my car so muggins here has been getting (and binning) the threatening letters.

I am now up to the 'if you do not pay, we will issue a court summons'.

Now I could pay £100 and have it go away. I could sell my daughter to raise funds or I could just bin this one as well, however if a debt collecting thug comes round the house my missus will go ballistic and I might be living on my boat for a while.

Suggestions please! I know the laws have changes with respect to these firms but can I get away with ignoring it or am I going to end up paying for the pleasure.
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 02 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepipoo.

Ignoring is bad advice these days but there are various ways of fighting it without much effort from you, if you want to.

Assuming she was bang to rights, in your position I'd pay it to make it go away and let daughter use the car again when she's coughed up 100 ponds.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 02 Dec 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking Eye are the outfit that notoriously files thousands of court cases every week. Thousands. The majority pay up, or they get a default judgement, or they flat out win because they send a QC to take on Joe Public or their Freemental-stylee lay representative.

It was a bad idea to ignore it.

If you continue to ignore it then there is a realistic chance that you will end up with a CCJ against you, and debt collectors or conceivably even court bailiffs (although I don't know if Parking Eye push it that far) showing up.

PePiPoo, ParkingCowboys, etc.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 303 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 36.24 Kb