Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 21 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

80 rashers of bacon.

https://i.imgur.com/GJufy5R.jpg?1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 21 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Happyness.

fixed that for you. Thumbs Up
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 22 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpinestars Patron GTX trousers. Finally have some trousers that are long enough for me! The last set slowly worked their way onto the top of my boots.

Downsides so far, no leather on the ass so it's a bit more slippery on the seat. The standard hip protectors are a bit in the way when straddling the seat ... maybe they'll wear in.

Next ... Helmet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 22 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fusebox connection kit for the dashcam.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 22 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moar bcn.

https://i.imgur.com/cUrxim6.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a BenQ EL2870U.

Now, games (PS4/PC) and films look great. However, the Windows/desktop experience is still not ideal, for me at least. The panel is just too big for desktop work (28''), but everything in Windows is extra smooth and nice in 4K. Thinking

It also has ''HDR emulation'', which is not why I bought it. The HDR does sort of work on PC, makes things worse on PS4. Then, there is the full load of eye care stuff from BenQ, that I've always enjoyed, it really prevents eye strain while browsing the web and typing something in Word. The 4K bit is flawless, as expected. The TN panel is very fast in response (1ms GTG, I can tell it's faster than my previous VA panel) and the colour palet is surprisingly well balanced right out of the box. It also has freesync, if you own a AMD/ATi card, or Xbox One.

I got it on sale and sold my old BenQ panel. Thumbs Up

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

100no 15mm pipe screens.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:30 - 23 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Now, games (PS4/PC) and films look great. However, the Windows/desktop experience is still not ideal, for me at least. The panel is just too big for desktop work (28''), but everything in Windows is extra smooth and nice in 4K. Thinking

Eh?
https://i.imgur.com/2uNDpQh.jpg
Razz

From left to right, that's a 15" 4k Laptop, 40" 4k Monitor, 43" 4k Monitor, some old 17" monitor, 28" 4k monitor, 43" 4k monitor, 15" FHD laptop... and 2 x FHD 10" tablets.
(They are all mine, bar the diddy monitor - though I normally only use the laptop to the right and next two monitors along on a daily basis - along with a tablet if I'm coding for that.)

I've got a 50" 4k curved TV I use elsewhere for a monitor.

More real estate definitely useful for 'full stack' development... or just fitting more of more web pages on at once Smile.

Last edited by G on 10:47 - 24 Oct 2018; edited 1 time in total

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 24 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

some brake pads for my hybrid

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PVLSIM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:48 - 24 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/AYEDOCv.jpg

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 24 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

Eh?
https://i.imgur.com/2uNDpQh.jpg
Razz

From left to right, that's a 15" 4k Laptop, 40" 4k Monitor, 43" 4k Monitor, some old 17" monitor, 28" 4k monitor, 43" 4k monitor, 15" FHD laptop... and 2 x FHD 10" tablets.
(They are all mine, bar the diddy monitor - though I normally only use the laptop to the right and next two monitors along on a daily basis - along with a tablet if I'm coding for that.)

I've got a 50" 4k curved TV I use elsewhere for a monitor.

More real estate definitely useful for 'full stack' development... or just fitting more of more web pages on at once Smile.

I make do with just 4, between desktop & laptop, but that gets comments in passing from non-techies. Then they freak out when I reveal some remote server desktop sessions in the background - you've got another computer in your computer!

If you're working on Glasto ticketing for next year then surely that's the BCF BBQ venue sorted?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:29 - 24 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I was only working on obtaining tickets, not the provisioning of them - alas the day job is in a lot less interesting field.

(And also then means I need to make effort to get tickets myself - though as it happens, this year someone else in our ticket group came in eight minutes late, got our tickets within a minute or so of starting trying all on a single tab/connection. I did then go on get tickets for some other friends and mess up getting tickets for another set of friends (if you don't scroll down, the 'success' page is very similar to the 'card failed' page Sad ). However, we have good confidence for the resale.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:46 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

An oberon Clutch slave cylinder for the VFR800. Hopefully should make the clutch action a bit lighter for my commute which has a fair bit of london riding in it!

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:33 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/DbswL6V.png

Tool - In Amsterdam. Dance! Dance! Dance! Dance!

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:25 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

I feel if I ever went to see Tool I'd just want to stand there with my eyes shut. I can "see" Tool's music, if that makes sense?

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

I feel if I ever went to see Tool I'd just want to stand there with my eyes shut. I can "see" Tool's music, if that makes sense?

Doubt I will be able to keep my eyes closed when I am on a fuck load of MDMA.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:35 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
The Artist wrote:

their visuals are some of the best, as good if not better than amon tobin

they're at download next year, along with slipknot and def leppard

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

£250 of Pragmasis hardware.

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl wrote:

Yeah I saw that but there is a big difference between a festival performance and a dedicated show and having never seen Tool before I want to see them in a proper venue.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
owl wrote:

Yeah I saw that but there is a big difference between a festival performance and a dedicated show and having never seen Tool before I want to see them in a proper venue.

Thumbs Up saw them at wembley arena, think it was 2006, was epic

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:01 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:

Doubt I will be able to keep my eyes closed when I am on a fuck load of MDMA.

mandy at a tool concert??

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:

Acid or mushrooms seem like the obvious choice, although I doubt anyone would have a bad time rolling at tool Laughing

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

owl wrote:
AshWebster wrote:

Acid or mushrooms seem like the obvious choice, although I doubt anyone would have a bad time rolling at tool Laughing

Not sure it would be possible to have a bad time rolling. Laughing

Tbh, I don't really wanna be tripping when I am the responsible one of the group to get us back to our hotel.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidi Performer Goretex boots, because boots have to be waterproof IMO. They seemed like the closest to the old Sidi Black Rain Evo boots. I'm pleased with them but like my previous Sidis they have a weirdly narrow sole, particularly at the heel. Here shown next to my Falcos.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 25 Oct 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/AYEDOCv.jpg

Love the look of some Bulovas, but a previous life experience makes the mention of them cause my blood to run cold Pale

Had a pair of these arrive today

https://i.imgur.com/Fn2V6CM.jpg

Waterproof, ideal for the super scoot and look just like normal shoes under formal trousers, so great for work
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 249 of 462