Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:52 - 10 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not these exact ones (mire are a good bit more knackered), but some "CCM Crazy Lights Ovechkin Limited Edition" ice skates. Gave them a quick go on Monday, now got them a bit more comfortable hopefully, so maybe try again on Friday. Definitely better in a few ways than my current (very comfortable) 'beginner' ones.
https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0212/11/ccm-cl-crazy-light-ovechkin-limited_1_0564f7302d594a5a2d68781972fe5a42.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 10 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A white Twix.
... which I had forgotten about and am now about to make a cup of tea to go with it Cool

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 11 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an RST jacket from fb marketplace for £45.
Superb condition, almost feels new and it just happens to match the troosers I bought a couple of years ago.
After a short account of the seller's even shorter biking history, he tells me to hang on as he's got a few bits he wants rid of.
He comes back with a big bottle of muc off cleaner, visor wiping sponge, bottle of muc off visor cleaner and a Frank Thomas antifreeze balaclava.
I like freebies. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new laptop. I've got a bunch of bike gear listed on eBay and my shitty laptop decided it was unable to boot
on Tuesday. Most inconvenient as some of the listings aren't complete as I was rushing them on before a £1
selling fees offer expired. I'm sure it can be fixed. It's asking for "insert boot media" whatever that fucking means.
I'd rather chuck a few hundred at a new one than fuck about with the damn thing any more as I'm liable to just punch it.
If it's too much to fix its going on the bonfire.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:43 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
A new laptop. I've got a bunch of bike gear listed on eBay and my shitty laptop decided it was unable to boot
on Tuesday. Most inconvenient as some of the listings aren't complete as I was rushing them on before a £1
selling fees offer expired. I'm sure it can be fixed. It's asking for "insert boot media" whatever that fucking means.
I'd rather chuck a few hundred at a new one than fuck about with the damn thing any more as I'm liable to just punch it.

Probably means the hard disk has died.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

The Ebay app is tolerable on a mobile phone in a pinch.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:40 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

The Ebay app is tolerable on a mobile phone in a pinch.

My phone is just as borked. Less than 1mb of space remaining. I'm not tech savvy. I just use these things til they stop
then buy a new one. I dunno how to fix shit like this and there's too much jargon for me to self diagnose and repair
anyway. Ram this rom that. Fuck knows what all that means. It can join the two old laptops under the sofa and the drawer
full of old mobile phones. But a sacrificial pyre is imminent. I know people way cleverer than me can extract stuff from old
computers and phones and stuff so I'm harbouring a lot of old tech. Right back to my before my 3210 Nokia.
Which I understood perfectly I hasten to add. Typing this on wife's shitty iPad thing. Can't stand touch screens, I
never know if I've pressed stuff or not, and I'm always accidentally clicking stuff I didn't want to. I vastly prefer
nice clicky analogue mechanical keys and a wireless clicky mouse. It's gone in for repair anyway, too much stuff on
there I can't lose. Including all my pics of the dog.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

New PIR LED light for the back garden.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-led-pir-floodlight-black-50w-daylight/458cc

Just been out back to test it, it's very good.
More than bright enough without being blinding.
I was umming and ahing about LED floods, it's hard to imagine how bright they might be when they go on about lumens.
I know it mentions 50w in the ad but my old halogen light was 400w iirc and this new one seems a lot brighter.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Our halogen is on the blink.
Bookmarked Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
^^^Our halogen is on the blink.
Bookmarked Thumbs Up

One thing to note, if you're using the flat grey cable on your old light (as I was) you'll have to change it to some round cable, 6mm+, to create a proper seal on the lights inlet fitting.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:19 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate LED floodlamps. Thumbs Up I have a few more of them to install around the back garden.

MarJay wrote:
Probably means the hard disk has died.

Winner of five ponds. It did indeed die. £150 quid later and some file recovery it now has a solid state one and I'm back
up and running on the old banger which seems much quicker than it was before. Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:25 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I know it mentions 50w in the ad but my old halogen light was 400w iirc and this new one seems a lot brighter.

50w is probably similar to 500w or a bit more in Halogen - and likely your old one may have been getting a bit tired.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a brand new JVC Boomblaster. New as in never used but actually a 2011 spec model so has an old style ipod
connection to suit my old faithful ipod classic. Had to drive up to Redditch to collect it and handed over a measly
80 quid for it. It's my second Boom Blaster. I bought the very first one back in about 92 and it's just given up the ghost
after nearly three decades service. Everything still works but one channel has a bad connection. I'm sending it away for a bit
of an attempt to fix it before I give up on it completely but I am made up that I found a brand new one to replace it. I've been
looking at loads of tatty used ones, tried to snipe 2 different ones max bid of £110 on each and was outbid both times. This
sucker was a buy in now so I hit the button as soon as I saw it.

Here's the new guy.
https://i.imgur.com/fvBqNEN.jpg

and nearly 20 years his senior my old tired paint splattered mark 1.

https://www.us.jvc.com/archive/audio/kaboomboxes/rv_b90gy/

https://i.imgur.com/Y4fqh2E.jpg.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:16 - 15 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A CBR600RR chinese pattern radiator and a front master cylinder rebuild kit. My OEM radiator became a water feature after being hit by a stone yesterday, and the front brakes are somewhat spongy after rebuilding the calipers, replacing the hoses and refilling with brand new fluid.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you can eat buffet - India Veg in Islington.

Not quite as good as Bombay Aloo in Brighton, but it was okay.
Reasonable price, but stung me £2quid for a can of coke, but it was still all under a tenner.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't really go out of my way to eat meat either, but I don't worry if I do.

And just down the road, in Sports Direct, I got a Muddy Fox jacket for £20 to replace my Karimor one that is wrecked, cos I rarely, if ever wear the Deliveroo one, and a No Fear energy drink

and in another shop a mars bar and a packet of liquorice allsorts, and later on a coffee

last of the big spenders

I liked the book shop on the narrow boat on the canal, but I didn't buy anything

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull it SR6 jeans, not from here though.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/286342

Proper kit, but no armour so recycled some CE 1 knee pads for now, got some 3DO on donation from a mate.

Bit itchy on the knees though, had to sew a bit of sock over where the velcro holds in the armour as the scratchy edges were doing my head in all day while wearing them in work.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:47 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a big horn...

https://i.imgur.com/g26xgOq.jpg

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:42 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new Suction Control Valve for my Montero Sport. It's lost any acceleration and is blowing out black smoke.
The winning part is, back home in the Philippines, Mitsubishi want 16,000 php for it. Here in China I can get the same part for (equivalent to) 2000 php

Thumbs Up

leolion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:54 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

pela? 6000 oil extraction pump, my god its better than cracking off sump plugs.!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an email from 7dayshop advertising a Remington quick bonce shaver gizmo gizmo.
Decent by all accounts and at a reasonable discount so the plunge I did take.
I'm intrigued by the curved cutting edge.

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 07:29 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spring sales, got myself a few new additions to the collection.

#Canadian Freedom Very Happy

CZ 557 Ranger (7.62x51mm)
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/tatters6566.jpeg

1945 Automatgevär m/42 (6.5x55mm)
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/tatters555.jpeg
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Spring sales, got myself a few new additions to the collection.

#Canadian Freedom Very Happy

CZ 557 Ranger (7.62x51mm)
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/tatters6566.jpeg

1945 Automatgevär m/42 (6.5x55mm)
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/tatters555.jpeg

#enjoyitwhileyoucan

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5R-Dual-Band-5W-Walkie-Talkie-VHF-UHF-Two-Way-FM-Ham-Radio-Earpiece/264043792388

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/s-l1600_1_.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5R-Dual-Band-5W-Walkie-Talkie-VHF-UHF-Two-Way-FM-Ham-Radio-Earpiece/264043792388

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/s-l1600_1_.jpg

I'm assuming bike comms?
Looks interesting.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 19 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013 skoda fabia

just a run about as fiesta is playing up so traded it in
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 271 of 462