Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 404, 405, 406 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:

Ironically the last thing i bought was oil.

My L200 doing 23mpg is getting mighty painful on the wallet with these £2 a litre prices, today I managed to find a supplier of new veg oil for 45p a litre. Laughing Thumbs Up

https://i.imgur.com/94V78iw.jpg

Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
I'm a bit of billet slag too. Cool Just arrived, Quadlock handlebar mount PRO and case for my phone. I have a hard wired
Garmin mount on the current bike and barely use my nav unit as I then have to carry something else around when off the
bike whereas I always have my phone. Did consider a ram X mount but they look gopping on the bike plus I'm not so
sure something so pricey should rely on a glorified elastic band to keep an expensive phone safe at three digit velocities.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/HzwAAOSwNm5iRi3B/s-l400.png

Are Quadlocks made from aluminium now? I bought one last year direct from their own website and it was plastic.

EDIT: I just went and checked and the cheeky fuckers now make them in aluminium. Fucking cunts.

I bought spacers, knuckle adaptor, iphone 12 pro max cover, stupid poncho, vibration damper and handlebar kit all in cost me £109.75... now you can get an aluminium one for only £10 more. Fuck.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the cat a new water bowl. Previously he had a Cat-Mate fountain thingy which he really liked but the plastic degrades. Treated him to a stainless steel version (still has the water filter/fountain feature.)

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Are Quadlocks made from aluminium now? I bought one last year direct from their own website and it was plastic.

EDIT: I just went and checked and the cheeky fuckers now make them in aluminium. Fucking cunts.

I bought spacers, knuckle adaptor, iphone 12 pro max cover, stupid poncho, vibration damper and handlebar kit all in cost me £109.75... now you can get an aluminium one for only £10 more. Fuck.

Plastic one is probably lighter if that's a motivation. Laughing Will add a charger unit and anti vibe plate at a later date,
MT10 has a 12v socket by the dash display which will do for a power source until I order the extra bits. I only bought
the 'PRO' mount because I didn't want a blue tab and the additional price for a black tab add on was more or less the
difference in price between the two mounts anyway.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 29 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/LMna97Y.jpg

Fancied a Bulova for a while, this is no longer in the current catalogue, got it for 60% off and bought using vouchers I was given through a sales promotion at work, so actually cost me nothing Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKG K245 open-back headphones.

Previously I was using Superlux HD 668B which are el-cheapo Chinese semi-opens, very plasticy and not particularly comfortable but surprisingly good sound quality for the price.

The AKGs are only a few quid more but a world of difference in the quality of construction and much more comfortable. I like it has a replaceable lead, 99% of the time I bin headphones due to cable damage Sad

lepus_orc
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 17:08 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Fancied a Bulova for a while

Pretty wrist watch Very Happy

I bought stationery (notebooks). Boring I know! lol

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:13 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some petrol for the first time in about 4 months. My wallet is still complaining about the state of its anus.

Last edited by Nobby the Bastard on 18:03 - 30 Jun 2022; edited 1 time in total

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Some petrol for the first time in about 4 months. My wallet is still comaining about the state of its anus.

I was going to add a #METOO hashtag on all my socials after getting anally raped on fuel prices after I took both my bikes for a fill up last weekend.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:57 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Some petrol

I was about to post the same. Time the government stopped just raking in the taxes (fuel duty and VAT on the end customer alone) and did something to help.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2rfvsM9/ACFF53-CD-B37-B-44-D7-8-DC5-E06742-AFCA7-E.jpg

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do petrol stations take just 99p from your account and only later charge you the full amount?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:16 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

the quid is to check the card is a live one. At one point they were going to take 99 quid and then refund until there was a fucking masive wailing and gnashing of teeth.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:26 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

And back it goes again... Crying or Very sad

Seriously unimpressed with the interior, it's like the polystyrene bit has been glued in squiffy, as a result I found 4
faults with this lid.

Bluetooth battery cover well off centre. See pics to see mine and a properly manufactured one if I can get the
buggers to uploads to this broken ass website.. Rolling Eyes

Rubber trim around visor aperture twisted in one spot and it will NOT bend back, just returns to twisted and
opposite that on the lid it's failing to hold the breath guard down on the other side.

Righthand polystyrene cheek pad (the bit under the padding so it's glued in and not moveable) bulges out on one
side where it's flush with the visor mechanism on the other side. Looks like this one failed QC and got through anyway.

Seller is totally cool about it and has already issued me a returns note for exchange of the lid. Hopefully that one will be
pukka as I loved it in general, especially the weight or lack of it. If the next one is toshed together too they can have that
back for a refund and it's off to Schuberth for something else.

Last edited by grr666 on 20:53 - 30 Jun 2022; edited 3 times in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
the quid is to check the card is a live one. At one point they were going to take 99 quid and then refund until there was a fucking masive wailing and gnashing of teeth.

But why not take what I’ve bought straight away like any retailer?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 30 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

But why not take what I’ve bought straight away like any retailer?

That's the way it's done in the US, more or less everywhere I've been over there and I've driven from one side
of the US to the other, 4500 miles in 3 weeks meant plenty of gas stops. Pay for what you estimate you'll need
to fill up, then pump then return to cashier for refund of difference. Only bought a part tank of fuel the once, when
returning the Mustang to the car hire people. Maybe smaller amounts are handled differently?

Probably the pumps have to be calibrated and the data from that days sales downloaded daily to make sure they
match what's in the tank underground. Given the "dangers" of using a mobile on the forecourt, I doubt the pumps are "smart".

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 01 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 3 grands worth of MT10 and a pair of Daytona heated grips for said MT10.
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-de554/images/stencil/500x500/products/2716/18358/heated-grips-78-4-level-built-in-switch-w-protection-open-end__03389.1645549358.jpg?c=2
Chose these because there's no external control box like the OEM+ Yamaha branded ones on the Spacker. But cheaper
and with even more discreet single button controller. I have agreed with Fowlers that since they cant get me Yamaha
ones and don't stock these that I supply and they fit these on the new bike (along with all the other sheeeit).
Apparently Yamaha are having trouble sourcing a new manufacturer for their own brand heated grips, having parted ways
with the last manufacturer they were using. I would have happily had the same again as they've been great but I just can't
find any, so I'm giving these a whirl.

Also a knuckle adaptor and an anti vibration mount for my recently purchased Quadlock mount.

Last edited by grr666 on 12:30 - 02 Jul 2022; edited 2 times in total

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:25 - 01 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tank of diesel for my CAR ! not fucking bus, or aeroplane, my CAR.

£150

Twunts. Oil has been this price plenty times before yet fuel never went above £1;40

Robbing twunts.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 01 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are there no fuel protests?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 02 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay snipe bargains.
Cheap and cheerful Roxter set of throw over panniers, tank bag and seat pack. All Brand new. £18.50 including postage. Thumbs Up

2nd hand Furygan mesh summer jacket with armour etc.
£20 delivered
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9-UAAOSwMV9isGhG/s-l1600.jpg

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The ASDA I use says it's going to take £99 as a hold but doesn't charge it in practice, I noticed it just takes the actual amount (not even a £0.99 hold like it used to).

The Tesco at my work on the other hand absolutely does take a £99 hold and then refunds the £99 hold and takes the actual cost as a separate transaction.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 03 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

these Prada sunglasses

https://assets.sunglasshut.com/is/image/LuxotticaRetail/8056597662161__STD__shad__qt.png?impolicy=SGH_bgtransparent&width=1000

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash Goombah shades! Laughing

I bought some fuckin Versace sunnies on the way to Amsterdam last month, ffs, how the hell did I think *that* was a good idea? Laughing What is it with sunglasses. I'm even thinking about going back to contact lenses (varifocal type) Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I spent some money in a Waitrose foody section.
Shocked

Bought some nice ham steaks with fruity sauce and a few nibbles for when the Senior Consort shows up on the weekend. Cool Thumbs Up

Luckily it wasn't actual money, it was a voucher I got at Christmas from my paeds consultants so I'll just spend it on Waitrose food until it runs out Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 05 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A decent long handled weeding fork. Might attack the brambles in the back garden this weekend.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:21 - 06 Jul 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacement lid arrived yesterday.

Much better than the first, everything spot on so I did order a

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/KPYAAOSwt1ph1VsO/s-l400.jpg

Photochromatic pinlock insert for said lid. £65

Don't know where else to post this, but I decided out of curiosity to weigh all 4 of my lids and the results are in....

1. HJC F70 Carbon.

https://www.fc-moto.de/WebRoot/FCMotoDB/Shops/10207048/5FC4/CD54/8585/EDB7/5BFB/AC1E/140E/D3A6/F70_CARBON_SOLID_SEMI_FLAT_BLACK_ml.jpg

As yet untested, the latest addition to my collection weighs in (size Large) at 1413g

2. Shark Spartan Carbon.

https://www.tradeinn.com/f/13699/136996896/shark-spartan-carbon-1.2-skin-full-face-helmet.jpg

Had this one a few years. Nice snug lid, quiet and lightweight, mine has a not entirely legal limo black and black
pinlocked visor. Plus there's also the drop down... Cool Sun Sun Sun
My preferred lid on the odd occasion it's really bright and sunny. On the scales, again in a Large it weighs in at 1480g.

3. Biltwell Lane Splitter.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/008f5b54fa8158acf29751501a361c85/t/i/titanium1.jpg

Impulse purchase a couple of years ago. No frills polycarbonate lid, no pinlock but a huge selection of reasonably priced
coloured fog resistant visors of which I have 3. Looks mint with a black or silver mirrored visor, but currently my one
in Matt Titanium (same as this pic) is sporting a yellow visor. I like the retro/stig look and the air flow is incredible, the huge
front facing vents are permanently open even if it makes the lid a little noisy. This lid has given me a coldsore before
now, such is the rate of airflow to the mouth area, it can get chilly after a while. My preferred hot/humid day lid. On the
scales, again sized Large it weighs in at 1544g.

4. Shark Speed R Sauer.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51VPLmaTr3L._AC_SX425_.jpg

And in last place is my first lid, the one I passed my test in and is what I now call my multi media lid as it has a
Sena10s kit wired in and a selection of mics and camera mounts. Weighed with the Sena kit attached and again sized
Large, it comes in at a lardy 1912g. I often have a Drift Ghost camera mounted on this lid on the opposite side of the lid to
the Sena which would tip this to over 2 kilos. I'm quite surprised. It's a fibreglass lid, maybe that's why it's so heavy. I wear
this one with its original (absolutely unmarked) clear visor whenever I want to film stuff, have a bimble with some music on
or plan on being out after dark. Bought this one in 2014. I have another like it but with a different paintjob in a size
medium as a spare pillion lid.

All the pics are in the same colours and finishes as my actual lids. Hope this wasn't boring but I was interested to see.
I should add that each lid except the Biltwell heralded the arrival of a new bike with a finish reminiscent of the bike.

The HJC is my Tech black (Satin finish) MT10 lid.
The Shark Spartan Carbon is the Spacker lid.
And the Shark Speed R was bought in advance of my ER6f.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 267 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 404, 405, 406 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 405 of 461