Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's me feeling guilty about buying another helmet 3 years from the last...

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/814Qf8sWIHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Brown leather interior. Now I just need beard oil... and a beard Shifty

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ‘Eufy 11S’ robot vacuum cleaner. I was doubtful how much dust and fluff it would pick up but it collected quite a lot in the short time I was trying it out on wood and carpet floors. It looks a bit like a frisbee and self-docks when it needs a charge. Quieter than a microwave oven and quite cute.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:08 - 03 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't have a dog. The videos of robot vacuums doing dirty protests are, quite frankly, horrific.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:22 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There's me feeling guilty about buying another helmet 3 years from the last...

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/814Qf8sWIHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Brown leather interior. Now I just need beard oil... and a beard Shifty

I have the beard, I have the oil, I couldn't do that lid though. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilot Road 5 for the front of the VFR800. Night and day compared to the badly scalloped PR3 that was on there before. Thumbs Up

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:19 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
There's me feeling guilty about buying another helmet 3 years from the last

Aren't you meant to replace your helmet every 3 - 5 years anyway? I am sure I heard that before.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
There's me feeling guilty about buying another helmet 3 years from the last

Aren't you meant to replace your helmet every 3 - 5 years anyway? I am sure I heard that before.

Only if you use it regularly.. at the current rate mine should last another 100 years..

.. oh crash helmets Embarassed

as you were..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-lumix-dc-fz82-bridge-camera-4k-uhd-18-1mp-60x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-live-viewfinder-3-inch-lcd-touch-screen/p3125372

https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/236739285?$rsp-pdp-port-640$

Been wanting to get into photography a bit more as I do enjoy it at a complete novice level but don't want to commit
to all that super complicated stuff with extra lenses and stuff. So I finally upgraded from my 12mp Samsung compact that's
about 14 years old anyway to this little beauty which is somewhere in the middle between compact and SLR. Bought it from
John Lewis because 2 year guarantee and no hassle return if I have issues with it.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

I have the beard, I have the oil, I couldn't do that lid though. Laughing

I'd wear it on the Spacker, but not the MT10. Reminds me of a Biltwell Gringo.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
been wanting to get into photography a bit more as I do enjoy it at a complete novice level but don't want to commit
to all that super complicated stuff with extra lenses and stuff. So I finally upgraded from my 12mp Samsung compact that's
about 14 years old anyway to this little beauty which is somewhere in the middle between compact and SLR. Bought it from
John Lewis because 2 year guarantee and no hassle return if I have issues with it.

Nice camera mate, I can second the John Lewis guarantee as I returned a telly before under it and it was pretty painless. They couldn't replace like-for-like so refunded me directly.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 04 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Pilot Road 5 for the front of the VFR800. Night and day compared to the badly scalloped PR3 that was on there before. Thumbs Up

I went from 3s to 5s, helluva difference eh?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Zen Dog wrote:

I went from 3s to 5s, helluva difference eh?

Some of the best advice I got from this forum was to switch to the PR5's. Fucking excellent tyres!

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:30 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

some tripe sticks for a spoilt furry thing.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:42 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few odds and sods.

I'm turning my under stairs cupboard into a small office space. I have my laptop and numerous letters and junk all
over my kitchen table at all times, so I decided I needed a small space dedicated to my chaotic admin process. Shite
at keeping on top of my paperwork but good at building stuff so I have no excuse and the space I'm using is pretty
redundant otherwise. I've already added lighting (voice/app controlled and multicoloured as well as white when wanted)
and a couple of double sockets (which was a doddle because this is a new build house with stud walls). I've filled all
the bullet holes in the walls and nearly repainted (in progress as we speak, I'm between coats) the walls (In Dulux's
colour of the year 2022 'Bright Skies' which I'm really liking in that space, it reacts great with the coloured lighting
and it's easy to give the appearance of a whole different colour), the ceilings done already. Next to do is chuck down
a couple of packs of laminate flooring and renew the skirting boards.

Which brings me to my recent purchases...

500ml of Driftwood grey woodstain. £14
For staining the butchers block table I'm cutting down to suit the space as a desk area and the timber skirting I've
yet to source. The flooring is 'Grey oak' laminate so you can see where I'm going with this.

A pair of cheap desk speakers £10 For my laptop for when it has it's own 'desk'. Half price ebay daily deal purchase.
Not expecting much but my laptops speakers are poo so they must be better than them at least.

400ml High Temp stove paint. £8
Nothing to do with the office but to spray up the 2nd hand exhaust for the scooter that just arrived from Holland.

A pink digital camera £40. Shocked
Nieces birthday present. Nothing too fancy as she'll probably break it or lose it, but 21mp and capable of 720p video
which should give her plenty of lulz with her mates. Thumbs Up

A cheap lightweight tripod. £20
New camera for me is arriving today (Allegedly... But it's the Royal Mail so I won't hold my breath, it's overdue in
twenty minutes time. Bastard typical Rolling Eyes Probably won't be here until Monday now... Sad ) But anyway, it's for that because
I don't have a tripod and I'll need one for numerous photographical reasons and want one I can carry on the bike easily.

Two grey plastic cable passthrough inserts. £99p each £2 p&p
For my home made desk project. Just for easy cable management, one of the new sockets will be under the desk.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get into air compressor paint spraying, the compressor came with a few accessories including a gravity fed spray gun.
My first project is going to be the kitchen doors and drawer fronts and after doing a bit of research on getting decent results I found that running the paint through a fine sieve seems to be the thing to do.

TL;DR, I bought a load of cone paint funnels with a built-in sieve.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:12 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-lumix-dc-fz82-bridge-camera-4k-uhd-18-1mp-60x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-live-viewfinder-3-inch-lcd-touch-screen/p3125372

https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/236739285?$rsp-pdp-port-640$

Been wanting to get into photography a bit more as I do enjoy it at a complete novice level but don't want to commit

It's a nice hobby. Enjoy. Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 07 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regards to the retro-style helmet I recently bought I tried it out going over to Chiswick Honda for a very disappointing corporate bike meet then down to Newlands Corner and finally ending up at Box Hill.

I love how light it is and while it's snug it doesn't feel quite as cosy as a "normal" helmet so great choice for the summer season. Seems to play nice with sunglasses so I just ran with the visor up round town. The visor whistles over 40mph which is probably a hint you should have it down before getting on the A3 Smile

The vents seem to direct cool air round your ear'oles and noise is just normal wind rather than some poorly muffled hiss. Chin strap is old skool double-Ds.

Minus points: not aerodynamic, I wouldn't wear it on a long run. No pinlock on the visor (but I think there's a German version of the helmet that does have the feature.) Probably sucks in bad weather.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still counts if it's bought for work purposes right? Laughing

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/laowa-24mm-t14-2x-periprobe-lens-for-nikon-z-3048531/

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/globalassets/product-images/3048000/3048531.jpg?width=400

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/laowa-24mm-f14-macro-probe-lens-for-nikon-z-3013011/

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/globalassets/product-images/3013000/3013011.jpg?width=400

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

My memory card arrived late yesterday and all that was left to take pics of by the time I'd got it all installed and
talking to the phone app etc was the moon. I nearly jizzed my pants when I was able to zoom in enough to clearly
see craters. I was literally jabbing buttons at this point as I've not read the manual. But took a half dozen moon pics out
of my kitchen door. I'm sure they would have been crisper using a tripod as the slightest movement from me resulted
in tremendous camera shake being zoomed in that far but got a couple of passable snaps. Waiting for a case to arrive for it
so I can take it out somewhere and have a play without worrying about having it rattling about loose in a rucksack.
Very pleased so far. This is a compressed whatsapp copy of the actual image, full size wouldn't upload.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

My memory card arrived late yesterday and all that was left to take pics of by the time I'd got it all installed and
talking to the phone app etc was the moon. I nearly jizzed my pants when I was able to zoom in enough to clearly
see craters. I was literally jabbing buttons at this point as I've not read the manual. But took a half dozen moon pics out
of my kitchen door. I'm sure they would have been crisper using a tripod as the slightest movement from me resulted
in tremendous camera shake being zoomed in that far but got a couple of passable snaps. Waiting for a case to arrive for it
so I can take it out somewhere and have a play without worrying about having it rattling about loose in a rucksack.
Very pleased so far. This is a compressed whatsapp copy of the actual image, full size wouldn't upload.

The BCF's jpeg limit is 8mb per file and the image must be less than 3840x2160 pixels. About your shaky hands, was the optical image stabilisation on? Does it have one? By the way, when on a tripod you usually want the stabilisation system off.

Either way, getting a perfectly sharp image at such distance isn't just about the camera. It's mainly the atmospheric conditions that are essential for such long distance photography. Since between you and your subject is a lot of air the air quality matters a lot (dust/pollution/humidity), but what might be even more important to have in mind, when the air temperature is lower than the Earth's surface temperature, the temperature difference may (and it does) cause the air to shimmer. Distant subjects then will even appear slightely warped at such conditions. It's more visible when taking a picture of man made structures, for instance bridges, radio/tv towers, skyrises etc.

Also, not sure about your camera, but from my own experience with any super zoom (wide range) lenses, they all perform the best in the middle of the zoom range. It's mainly the corners of the image that suffer the most at the very wide angle end (your 20mm) and the very telephoto end (your 1200mm), as the camera corrections have to fight a lot to fix the lens distortion at those two extremes.

EDIT: If you want more protection for your camera lens, have a look at UV and clear filters for your lens. When I got my first Fujinon XF lens (the expensive stuff) I got a UV filter for it. It doesn't degrade my images and I feel much more comfortable to clean the filters instead of the actual lens front element. Some of the filters are also water and dust repellent, to a certainty extent.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

tickets to go see Top gun Maverick tonight.
i just hope the theatre has aircon.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt normally have ice in a drink at the cinema, but today would be a GOOD day to have a lot of ice in your bucket Laughing

I went to the chip shop for my tea: two battered sausages (of which I ate 1.5 and Dennis ate 0.5) and a strawberry slush-puppie Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online I bought a book called The 48 Laws of Power.
In true Amazon Prime style, I ordered it late one night and it showed up the next day before lunch.

It's quite thick but very readable.
Machiavellian! Brilliant. Cool

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:53 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

For taking dick pics right?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:02 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rectal use only.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 408 of 462