Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 425, 426, 427 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 25 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since last October; A week's holiday in Dumfries and Galloway....in 2 weeks time.

First time we've stayed at the same place twice. Would be nice if we could have a holiday during summer but we're not complaining as it'll feel like we've got the area to ourselves plus it's so much cheaper out of season.

Also bought some Mountain Equipment walking trousers to replace the old ones and got some long-sleeved shirts from Craghoppers in the sale.

Reading glasses.
3 sets of 10-46 electric guitar strings.
Some cable and 1/4" jack plugs to make a replacement guitar lead.
A phaser guitar pedal.
A desktop tripod with ballhead.
A polarising filter for the little Fuji camera.
3 canvas prints of some half decent photographs.
3 pairs of Bridgedale socks of differing weights (factory seconds).
Pocket sharpener for my old knives.
2 12" MIDI cables.
Replacement battery pack for the Sony D-50 field recorder.
Case for the Hyrasynth.
Case for the Drum Machine.
3 replacement illuminating collars for the dogs.
Couple of reels of RMI 1/4" audio tape.
2 books; Medical Grade music. The Brain.

The remainder spent on coke n whores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 25 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down filled gilet/vest thing to go under my leather jacket in winter/spring/autumn - cos I gets cold like a gurl these days..

A tenner posted off ebay only now I do smell like gurl as it came ready perfumed Confused

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 16:23 - 25 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) OSMO wood protector oil
2) Magnifier headband thingy with lights (so I can see mm marks properly on a ruler)
3) 2 of 8mm x 800mm x 1900mm glass shower panels
4) 6M x 760mm mirror foil (for above panels)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:40 - 26 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A grease gun and a hair dryer.

Wub

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 26 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

2023 Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Celestial (in red). Did the paperwork today, won't be ready for another week or so.

https://images.medialinksonline.com/imagestream/208142/5454935x1024x0_FFFFFF_L_0.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 26 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Very nice ^^^ Thumbs Up

Rob W
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 26 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treated myself to a Shoei X-Spirit 3, after eyeing one up for a while.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 13:46 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
2023 Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Celestial (in red). Did the paperwork today, won't be ready for another week or so.

https://images.medialinksonline.com/imagestream/208142/5454935x1024x0_FFFFFF_L_0.jpg

Fantastic ... gives you time to cancel it Laughing

Enjoy Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:36 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://laptopmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/6-6.jpg

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:

Let us know your size and me and the other guys will have a collection to buy you some of these:
Really manly biker gear

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lithium jump starter for my crappy hybrid car Neutral

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 11:32 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

Ioniq? More recent firmware updates should help, along with sticking the 12v battery on a charger every 6 months or so.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late to the party but the Fallout 4 season pass. Been putting some hours into this classic (buggy) game and have
been enjoying it thoroughly, season pass was only 13 quid on the Playstation store and will give me many more
hours of play.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the DualSense Edge controller for the PS5. My brother got employees discount at his store so I said why not.

Now, it is the same controller as the original PS5 one, but somewhat improved. If nothing else, you get four extra buttons to play with and a new interface for adjusting and customizing the controller.

What's cool? You may now mechanicaly and software limit the travel of the triggers. You may also set the deadzone, sensitivity, attack... of all the analogue inputs. You may map any of the buttons to the two new back buttons. There are 4 save slots for your presets that you may switch between using the function buttons anytime you want. Also, using the function buttons you may now adjust the headphone and chat/game volume without pausing the game or holding down the PS button. The touch pad surface is also much nicer. Lastly, if you want you may replace the analogue sticks grips with a included set as well. You also get two types of back button actuators to choose from.

What's not so cool? The cross, circle, triangle and square buttons feel less firm, which may be intended but I'm not a fan of these four buttons being so sensitive. Then, the battery got smaller to incorporate the new replaceable thumb sticks modules. You also get (pay for) a new USB-C cable with a lock and a carring case, that I would happily live without.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

Ioniq? More recent firmware updates should help, along with sticking the 12v battery on a charger every 6 months or so.

no, new corolla. battery ran flat in under 4 days when parked up Evil or Very Mad

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:11 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

An 8' stepladder, a pencil sharpener and took 'er indoors out for sushi.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero FR-150 Terminal Extraction Tool Set. Much better than the set of small, bendy, ring-handled tools I’ve been trying to use on a relay connector, but whilst I can feel that these are lifting the plastic tabs the terminal pins still won’t come out. I think with age the pins have somehow bonded to the hardened plastic. Keep trying.

https://i.postimg.cc/jjZPg4mf/3-C73608-D-3-BF9-4-F2-A-9508-F54855-ECC5-D3.jpg

Also a dehumidifier to put with laundry in the back bedroom instead of using a tumble drier. Uses less electricity, apparently. Ordered a blue one, got a grey one, but meh!

https://i.postimg.cc/Z5wc9mHp/8580929F-9D0F-4D90-A731-1075FD3C50E5.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRL - A bunch of flowers for the funeral of the old fella next door, he had a nice white carriage with two horses avec mauve plumes.

Online - another fifty quid top up on the gas. I dont mind, cos I've had the heating jarred up over 22 degrees day and night for weeks and its only to be expected, but at least I haven't been ripped off by the Direct Debit scam Rolling Eyes

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 31 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Online - another fifty quid top up on the gas.

Just paid my gas and electric for the month, A whisker over £100 total because I've had my heating on too.
I pay via their website with my debit card each month after submitting a reading for both, I won't have a direct
debit, my parents and sister both do theirs with DD and the electric company is holding on to £700 of my
sisters money and £1000 of my mums for 'reasons' allegedly. Cheeky cuuuunts can't be trusted with bank details.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Just paid my gas and electric for the month, A whisker over £100 total because I've had my heating on too.

blimey that's cheaps as.. Are you on a fixed contract from pre-war (the recent one)?

Mine will be at least that and it's Baltic in my house (never more than 15-16 and mostly around 12-14) - modern gas boiler too...

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

blimey that's cheaps as.. Are you on a fixed contract from pre-war (the recent one)?

Not that I know of. I have 6 Alexa devices on 24/7, four of those have a screen, wifi controlled lightbulbs in 4 rooms
so they are sort of on all the time, a couple of Smart plugs running separate appliances, fridge and freezer obviously
on all the time, laptop on 24/7 although it puts itself into standby by itself when left dormant. I use gas for my heating
and hot water only, my oven and hob are electric. I run a huge TV and PS5 for a good 6 hours a day, also a base station
for my camera system is on 24/7 as is a Wifi modem and a separate signal booster in my kitchen. My security cameras
and video doorbell all bar the one attached to double spotlights in my back garden are battery run. As such I have mains
external security lighting on 3 sides of my semi detached house but that's all LED as is 100% of my interior lighting.
I do one batch of washing a week and shower twice a week with an electric shower, I cook most days with either oven
or hob, sometimes both and also run a microwave and air fryer regularly. I don't go out of my way to be frugal.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
A100man wrote:

Not that I know of. I have 6 Alexa devices on 24/7, four of those have a screen, wifi controlled lightbulbs in 4 rooms
so they are sort of on all the time, a couple of Smart plugs running separate appliances, fridge and freezer obviously
on all the time, laptop on 24/7 although it puts itself into standby by itself when left dormant. I use gas for my heating
and hot water only, my oven and hob are electric. I run a huge TV and PS5 for a good 6 hours a day, also a base station
for my camera system is on 24/7 as is a Wifi modem and a separate signal booster in my kitchen. My security cameras
and video doorbell all bar the one attached to double spotlights in my back garden are battery run. As such I have mains
external security lighting on 3 sides of my semi detached house but that's all LED as is 100% of my interior lighting.
I do one batch of washing a week and shower twice a week with an electric shower, I cook most days with either oven
or hob, sometimes both and also run a microwave and air fryer regularly. I don't go out of my way to be frugal.

I'm trying to keep my gas usage under 3m3/day in January (easy some days harder when my kids are staying..) I reckon for 90m3 plus standing charge is approx 100 quid. Elec is what elec is - hard to make any savings there really once you've change all the lamps to LED..

House is 3bed semi early 50s build solid walls but double glazed. not there in the working day..

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, mines a 90's built rabbit hutch, comparatively well insulated, I'd wager. Rockwool filled stud internal walls,
thermalite blocks on the inside skin of the main building and semi hollow bricks on the outside, dotted and dabbed on
all external walls so a small air gap there too, good layer of rockwool in the loft. Double glazed with a 20mm gap
between the panes. Running a 3 year old boiler that could easily run the same amount of radiators again. Downstairs
I have a 850mm double rad in my kitchen, a 750mm single and a 300mm double in the living room and lastly a
300mm double in the downstairs hall. Upstairs are all single panels, 2@ 550mm in the spare bedroom (which was
originally two tiny rooms when I first bought the place), a 950mm single in my bedroom and a 450mm single in the
bathroom, all running on 8mm microbore pipework. Was thinking about getting a small oil filled electric rad for my little
office space under the stairs as it was just a storage cupboard before and it's a little chilly in there this time of year.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 01 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Ah right, mines a 90's built rabbit hutch, comparatively well insulated,

..probably wiuth straw then Wink

Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 425, 426, 427 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 426 of 461