Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 23 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Helicopter flying lesson

Booked for next year £550 in Cumbernauld. Looking to get myself a license eventually.

Need to lose 25 kg of bodyweight before February 2025. Shocked

Small chopper eh?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:13 - 23 Feb 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

some touch-up paint for an SRAD (I dont have an SRAD), chain degreaser, a Rockhopper 4 and a Grace Hopper

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 02 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cylindrical cheese* grater.

*Among other things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 02 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
some touch-up paint for an SRAD (I dont have an SRAD), chain degreaser, a Rockhopper 4 and a Grace Hopper

I know what chain degreaser is (but since using gear oil I don’t need it), but the rest needs explanation. Paint for a bike you don’t have? Rockhopper just makes me think of the penguin, and Grace Hopper is* an American computer scientist and mathematician unlikely available for purchase.

*was. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 06 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fish cake from the chippie (for myself) and a battered sausage for Dennis the tripod. Cool

that_impulse_guy
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:26 - 11 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
that_impulse_guy wrote:

I know what chain degreaser is (but since using gear oil I don’t need it), but the rest needs explanation. Paint for a bike you don’t have? Rockhopper just makes me think of the penguin, and Grace Hopper is* an American computer scientist and mathematician unlikely available for purchase.

*was. Crying or Very sad

my silly little jap import market bike that nobody has heard of was painted the same colour from new from factory , as a side colour used much later on a particular SRAD.
the other two things are computer bits.

But I have an update.
I decided to get a more modern bike so picked up a pretty ok 1994 RF900R
yay me, all modern and posh like now.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 12 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:

Looks like a nice bike (with regards to the Google images for that model number.)

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 12 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

that_impulse_guy wrote:
my silly little jap import market bike that nobody has heard of was painted the same colour from new from factory , as a side colour used much later on a particular SRAD.
the other two things are computer bits.

But I have an update.

Nice looking bike in the purple colourway, too sporty for me to ever ride though.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 12 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A window-vac. Saves wiping the windows down with cloths every morning. Amont of houseplants we have, probably contributes to the damp windows.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 13 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancy biscuitty treats from M&S: two boxes of florentines - one box for me (four in a box) - which I managed to make last for *almost* 24 hours Laughing

And the other one was for the Chief Exec's EA who, despite having a bit of a reputation as a dragon is actually quite sweet and seems to have taken to me, but is retiring at the end of the month - but who had never heard of florentines until I told her I always have them at Christmas as my special Me-Treat.

And two palmiers from the bakery section - flakey pastry sort of things with a sprinkling of caster sugar - not quite a shortbread but not quite a croissant - which I shared with my ex when he stayed over on the sofa last night to help me with cat-vet-visiting logistics.

Its nice being able to treat people. Cool Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:28 - 14 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Geiger Counter... just finished watching Chernobyl Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 14 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
I recently watched the one about the Japanese earthquake/tsunami/nuclear thingie, it was fascinating but terrible.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 16 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A replacement Strat Plus.

Same model from the same year 1995. A fine year. The new/old brown one sounds a tad more zingy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIz-wAEWcAAoWbf?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIz-wAEWQAA7tpF?format=jpg&name=mediumhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIz-wACXQAAUt7q?format=jpg&name=medium
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 17 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

New tyres for my feets.

My other boots are OK but one pair are goretex and the membrane if probably fubar now. I don't get wet feet wearing them but time for new shoes.

BMW Venturegrip.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 19 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

An waterproof jacket and troosers from Mountain Warehouse.
They seem decent enough but, as always, time will tell.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 19 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new 15kg bag of dog food for my Lurcher. £55 a bag now. Add in the wet food I mix it with at £12.50 for 5 days worth, training treats at £2.50 a bag and air dried head skin (whatever the f that is) at £15 a kg, the bloody dog eats better than I do. Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 19 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
air dried head skin

I wouldn't be kissing him after he's eaten that Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 20 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grangers wax cotton dressing, for my allotment wax gilet, which I put through the washing machine on a delicate wash.

Also, need to to clean Belstaff trialmaster jacket, which stinks after being in the cupboard under the stairs for a couple years, and getting damp. I don't want to put that through the washing machine though, I''m hoping the smell will fade. I just wear it to work, I work in a bio-waste plant, so no one will notice or care there, but don't want to wear it to any bike meets cos it hums.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 20 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
An waterproof jacket and troosers from Mountain Warehouse.
They seem decent enough but, as always, time will tell.

I've used and abused lots of mountain warehouse stuff when I was a bicycle courier, so-so, very good for the price. i'd rate my jacket shoes and boots 7/10 for value. 6/10 for comfort and weather proofing.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 20 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
air dried head skin

I wouldn't be kissing him after he's eaten that Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think he meant food for his dog.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 20 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Geiger Counter! It's on charge at the moment but so far it's reading 0.08~0.09 uSv/h (micro-sieverts* per hour.) According to wikipedia, normal background radiation is 3mSv/y (milli-sieverts per year) and a quick calculation equates that to ~3.4 uSv/h.

Phew! Relatively safe, it seems Smile

*A small, lean, mostly nocturnal mammal native to tropical Asia and Africa, especially the tropical forests.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:36 - 20 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A candle in the shape of a gargoyle which is apparently scented with "Graveyard" scent Rolling Eyes

Its a "10 years sobriety" present for my ex.

I can't quite believe its been 10 years.
Never imagined that would happen when I was in the middle of all his former shenanigans, so am v.proud of him.

Still as much of a twat sober as he was drunk, but a much nicer person to be around (in small doses) Brick Wall

Laughing

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 05:12 - 21 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motul 7100 fully synth, oil filter, sump plug. Not due service til September but it's had a tough winter.

Oh and a cheapo chinese slip-on exhaust. What can possibly go wrong?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:09 - 21 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaddyStu wrote:
Oh and a cheapo chinese slip-on exhaust. What can possibly go wrong?

In my experience, rust out relatively quickly. Not hard to swap though, rinse and repeat.

DaddyStu
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 03:19 - 22 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

In my experience, rust out relatively quickly. Not hard to swap though, rinse and repeat.

£30 extra would've gotten me a Toro - So ebay mockingly showed me 'after' my purchase.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 459, 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 460 of 462