Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Had to think about that one for a second... I guess the DC didn't have vibration Smile I should dig mine out and see if it still works, but is has a dodgy lid so I have to leave it open with something on top, otherwise it randomly quits thinking the lid has been opened.

Along with the original Xbox it's still probably my fav' console. You didn't have to install games, never had to be updated Wub

Yarp. No vibration. That came in with PS2 and XBOX as "standard", then the PS3 decided people didn't want vibrating things they wanted to be able to tilt the controller ... I can only remember 2 games where the tilt function could be used, Between 2 Souls and that free one that came out not long after launch, flying plane type things shooting other people down ...

Last night I formatted my old PS3 hard drive (to put in PS2) and WinHIIP'd some games onto it and tested it. Ho-lee- shit it works. So I started on "Call of Duty - Finest Hour". Just need a proper dualshock 2, the old controllers I have seem bust, perhaps they need opening up and checking but the working turbo controller thing feels awful.

I dredge my Dreamcast out every few years but now I'm not a student I don't have homework so I can spend time playing some games. It seems going back 2/2.5 generations allows you to be not bothered about the graphics and enjoy it and be able to mod consoles easily to be a thieving pirate to access games. Playing PS3 is a bit too new to forgive, I should probably look to finding ways to pirate on that soon, so I can play some different games. I've been picking the odd one up here and there for a quid a go. Balls to TV, I'd rather plug an old console in!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
It uses time sync to your phone, useful when changing time zones a lot as the watch doesn’t have to be manually set. My Casio does the same but uses radio waves or something.

I think you can find your phone or something too.

You are right, it does all that. I am a bit of a watch person and this one ticked the boxes for me. I travel a lot so it is good to keep an eye on time in the UK as well as where I am.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

I missed it. That happens when there are big pictures in a thread.

I just missed the big picture Dance!

No worries, I completely missed the point of such watch. Razz

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Cool UM100, I also have one. Not bad for a cheap plastic distortion pedal. Very versatile distortion, a lot of EQ settings.

Well, these days you may just go full digital with a cheap multi-fx/DSP box and simulate whatever distortion/OD pedal/amp you want and not many would notice the difference. But, when I got the UM100, nothing like it was avalible. To stay on topic, with the GCB95 the UM100 worked very well. Also, I've always wanted to buy a Big Muff, because my childhood guitar hero, Paul Gilbert, had one, but I never got it.

I could buy one today, but I kind of lost the interest. I already sold some pedals. I still have the UM100, DD6 and GCB95, but I mostly use the Boss micro BR, for a quick play.

I love that piece of plastic crap and still haven't found a HM pedal that does what the UM100 does.
Big muffs...well which Big Muff did Gilbert use is the question. Smile That many iterations of the thing.

Like how I listen to music is like how I make it...Bit of old and bit of new.
Still prefer using pedals and amp..still like that a lot.

....which is a nice segue to what arrived today. Cool

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYLXngiX4AA4XUp.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYLXnggX0AACbA0.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
Yarp. No vibration. That came in with PS2 and XBOX as "standard", then the PS3 decided people didn't want vibrating things they wanted to be able to tilt the controller ... I can only remember 2 games where the tilt function could be used, Between 2 Souls and that free one that came out not long after launch, flying plane type things shooting other people down ...

Apparently there was a legal dispute. I think GTA V had sixaxis controls, I definitely used them on a pals PS4 when on the bike (it was rather good), can't remember if I did on the PS3. A pal stole my copy so I can't check Rolling Eyes

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
I dredge my Dreamcast out every few years but now I'm not a student I don't have homework so I can spend time playing some games. It seems going back 2/2.5 generations allows you to be not bothered about the graphics and enjoy it and be able to mod consoles easily to be a thieving pirate to access games. Playing PS3 is a bit too new to forgive, I should probably look to finding ways to pirate on that soon, so I can play some different games. I've been picking the odd one up here and there for a quid a go. Balls to TV, I'd rather plug an old console in!

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4540537#4540537 - I'm surprised giving Sony's history they've not stopped the exploit yet. Generally I don't think 3D games age well, unless there's a novelty factor, like a few years back when they released GTA 3 for Android/iOS Smile

Edit: same with Revolt for Android/iOS (played that a lot on the Dreamcast).

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the highest price thing someone has posted in this thread is? Anyone posted a house?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:
Anyone know what the highest price thing someone has posted in this thread is? Anyone posted a house?

Smiler, possibly, although I'm not going back through it, but that still may not have been the most expensive thing judging by it's location Surprised
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:
A pair of new knee sliders for my leathers as mine are worn out something a weekend warrior could only dream of achieving.

Well, that is a lot of kneeling. You must be quite popular. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:30 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Stallion. wrote:
A pair of new knee sliders for my leathers as mine are worn out something a weekend warrior could only dream of achieving.

Well, that is a lot of kneeling. You must be quite popular. Thumbs Up

Mr Gummybear at your service Laughing

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 12:48 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

I posted a Car 'worth' just shy of 40K (available for significant discounts on carwow etc etc)
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:

You didn't buy it you leased it IIRC. Wink

much like your mobile phone
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
The Artist wrote:

I posted a Car 'worth' just shy of 40K (available for significant discounts on carwow etc etc)

Beats my boat at £39000. Laughing

Did your car come with a bottle of Dom Perignon though Razz

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:

My phone isn't leased you inept cunt. I'm not handing it back at the end of the contract in two years time it's mine I own it.

I meant the fact that you didn't actually buy it you faecal infused inbred cunt flap.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:

Crash and burn cunt.

It's ok, just post it again in 2 years once you've paid 2.5 x the price of the actual phone and when you actually own it.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:

What on earth are you talking about "2.5 × the price of the actual phone"? Oh that's right you don't.

To buy the phone outright from 02 is £929.99 I will have paid 889.99 probably less when I phone them again 3 months prior to the contract being up and get the remaining balance waived as I did with my S7.

I don't what? Talk on earth?

So still not bought and paid for then? Laughing

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stallion. wrote:

I've just owned your arse do yourself a favour.

I'm sure you "own" a lot of arse, but mine certainly isn't one of them.

I thought with all those gummy blowjobs and arse poundings you'd be able to pay for the phone outright, I mean you don't pay tax on those earnings right?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Artist wrote:

100k on a house in Stoke here, last Summer/Autumn. Cash purchase. 100% Bought and paid for with absolutely no
type of mortgage or loan. Freehold btw.

Just now though and a fair bit cheaper. A couple of pairs of wiring adaptors for the bike to save me sodding
about cutting wires when I fit the LED indicators I've had waiting for months. Just giving the Spacker a once over now my
time is my own again to a certain extent.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:56 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Candy likes Liberty.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYRRD_3WsAMT5yI.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYRRD_uWsAgaLg-.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYRRD_uW4AA91Xb.jpg

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

You make me browse guitars and amps! Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 215 of 461