Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressure washer and roof repair waterproof paint

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:54 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
roof repair waterproof paint

Acrypol? Or similar? Did my leaky flat roof with that in an afternoon. Hasn't dripped a drop since.

Pair of SMX 5's, mainly for wear under trousers. Went a half size above my usual size 9. I have my SIDI ST's
when I want to go full Robocop-tard. But they don't go under any of my trousers, way too bulky.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/alpinestars-s-mx5-boots_black.jpg

I bought a pair of used but as new SIDI Vertebra boots for this purpose a while ago but they were too way too tight
so have gone back on ebay. Just bit the bullet and bought these. These are just the basic non WP boots. Good enough
for my usage though. Good value too I thought at 120 quid.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:46 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Pair of SMX 5's

Did 100+ miles in these when it was warm the other day as my first ride -- after recently buying them on sale too -- and found them to be perfect all day long.

Little soft on the sides of the boot compared to others (in terms of flex just above the ankle on either side) but are comfy out the box and vent very well.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:28 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How were they size wise? I hope I haven't made an error going up a half size. Shouldn't matter I will be able to return
them if they are a sloppy fit. I quite like how they will be quite discreet under trousers once all the A* logo is covered up.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
How were they size wise? I hope I haven't made an error going up a half size.

I wouldn't say so, but you'll know in time walking around.

A* 46 = 11.5
RST 46 = 11

Seems like a natural increase and just a variation for the A* brand. Both my A* boots and RST boots fit me well but I've always thought A* are considerably better after investing in some ankle boots a while back so is nice to finally have a pair of vented full size boots.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://3b0b747a213bc007f504-201cd9801cfd61c625913545c1a472ef.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/products/detail_840_1513894239_lane_splitter_anti-fog_shield_-_yellow.jpg

Yellow visor for my Lane Splitter lid. Going to buy a black one next, then iridium. They are about 35 quid a pop so not
too pricey. The range of differently coloured hardwear is a nice touch too. Had a set in bronze arrive today because hipster. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://3b0b747a213bc007f504-201cd9801cfd61c625913545c1a472ef.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/products/detail_840_1513894239_lane_splitter_anti-fog_shield_-_yellow.jpg

Yellow visor for my Lane Splitter lid. Going to buy a black one next, then iridium. They are about 35 quid a pop so not
too pricey. The range of differently coloured hardwear is a nice touch too. Had a set in bronze arrive today because hipster. Laughing

I have restrained myself from saying this throughout this thread, but I can't any longer: your life is now complete Laughing

That's not just aimed at you, btw. There's something about this entire thread I find...unsettling.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not complete until you get a Wipey.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Acrypol? Or similar? Did my leaky flat roof with that in an afternoon. Hasn't dripped a drop since.

Pair of SMX 5's, mainly for wear under trousers. Went a half size above my usual size 9
for my usage though. Good value too I thought at 120 quid.

I have these, top boots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wipey needed, I don't go out in rain. Laughing

chickenstrip wrote:

I have restrained myself from saying this throughout this thread, but I can't any longer: your life is now complete Laughing

Hey man, what can I say? I like to shop. Keeps me off the hard drugs. I don't particularly need my bike either, nor a newer
and faster one next year. But that's the beauty of a free market. If you have the means, then why not? I've sold £500
quids worth of bike gear in the last three weeks on ebay too, with about another 300 odd quids worth of stuff listed
currently. I like to rotate stuff. Overall, I make a profit buying and selling bike gear. So on balance it costs me nowt
buying new stuff. I have the time to maintain the listings and it's a nice side earner away from my main income streams.

chickenstrip wrote:
That's not just aimed at you, btw. There's something about this entire thread I find...unsettling.

I think it's a pretty interesting thread. I don't even nearly post every thing I buy in here. Mainly just the bikey stuff.
But since you ask, I also bought £400 quids worth of Bosch washing machine then immediately spent about the same
on an oven, hob and extractor hood set last night for one of my other houses which has just about to be vacated and needs
a refresh after a 5 year tenancy. Plus I'm shopping for carpets and safety flooring plus wall tiles, lighting and paint all
for the same house I'm also in the market for a water butt, but haven't found one yet at the right price.
I can't imagine what you find unsettling. Question

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
It's not complete until you get a Wipey.

Now I'm very unsettled Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

@grr666: it's not like when someone buys a new bike, and even the bike gear purchases can be interesting, especially if someone comments on effectiveness or something like that, and you do tend to post a lot of that kind of thing.

If someone like Howling Terror posts about his latest studio gear, I get that; it's his hobby, and others have shown an interest, so discussion is generated.

But some people seem compelled to post about every little thing they've bought, like what they just ordered from the pizza place. Why would anyone do that? And some seem to treat it like some kind of competition, that old thing of "keeping up with the Joneses". I thought only women did that (ducks the incoming Laughing ). And I just get this feeling that for others, they feel just the act of buying stuff actually improves their lives, no matter what it is, but then they feel it didn't improve their lives enough until they told the world about it. Of course, this isn't confined to BCF. And it sometimes seems to me like some kind of disorder of the mind, or disorder of the life even.

I dunno. Maybe it's all perfectly innocent and not a problem at all. But with some, I just can't help but get this feeling there is an underlying problem, and it's quite a wide one in this society, and that sometimes this thread demonstrates a manifestation of that problem. Something missing from people's lives, perhaps?

I'm rambling, ignore me Laughing

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheels for fabia

brand new alloys and tyres for not much more then reconned wheels and tyres would cost

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Valid stuff about consumerist/social media society

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I have a lot of outgoings as a matter of course with what I do to get paid. Unlike many
owner/landlords I look to constantly keep updating my properties and that has a price tag attached. I can accept that.
But self sourcing and deal hunting has saved me many 1000's on my renovation efforts over the years. But it's time
consuming. Fortunately I'm time rich.

Just for interest the yellow visor is because I suffer with glare in low light>darkness and my yellow driving glasses
help alleviate this in the car, I thought I'd give a yellow visor a whirl to see if it helps. I avoid riding after dark because
of the glare thing and rather hoped this would help. But yeah I'm a gear tart. Buying and selling the stuff. Got some
nice A*s short cuff gloves up for grabs at the mo. Size Medium BNWT. PM me for info. Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
But some people seem compelled to post about every little thing they've bought, like what they just ordered from the pizza place. Why would anyone do that?

Why do people feel the need to tell the world they've just been to the gym, via Facediarrhea?

Why do people take photos of their food and post it on instashit?

To quote Homer Simpson "Because everyone's stupid. That's why anyone does anything."

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
roof repair waterproof paint

https://www.toolstation.com/bostik-flexacryl/p78080

5 litres wasnt enough so I covered the bits that needed it, inside and out, after pressure washing the exterior to clear off the moss.

Not leaked at all since, fibres in the paint help bridge large gaps, expensive yet well worth it. Now have a dry garage so I'll be getting permanent electricity in there next.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought something smelly and orange.

I pick it up tomorrow, then I'll post a pic Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM 2 stroke? Wub

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ceramic chicken dressed as Las Vegas Elvis, with guitar. Poultry in motion.........thank you ver' much, uh huh huh.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 10 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a shop - a mech hanger

online - a pizza via Deliveroo Embarassed

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 10 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/yam2eRR.jpg

Actually bought a couple of weeks ago but fitted today and oh my gosh. It has transformed the car from something with too much power and not enough chassis to something controllable and smooth.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 12 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
KTM 2 stroke? Wub

https://i.ibb.co/s3WJqCT/IMG-20190510-150323079-HDR.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have put this in 'Oiled my gears' but 5 windows in unbreakable polycarbonate cut to the correct size for my boat costing 89 quid which includes a £25 surcharge for 24 hour manufacture and delivery.

The window people in brum who made my windows wanted over £1000 to reglaze them and that was with me taking the frames to them. Evil or Very Mad

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garment vinyl, weeding tool and tweezers

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 13 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:

Wub
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 273 of 461