Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Who are you, John Lennon?

"I'm an artist. Give me a fuckin tuba an' I'll get something out of it."

Allegedly.

Yes similar to him but with less violence better parenting and a younger wife.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:51 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haynes manual and clutch plates for the strumpet.

New screen for the broken tablet for the little bastard (tm).

Next on the list is a dirt bike for me, a car for Mrs Bastard and cycles for middle and large Bastards.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:42 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

a massive giant diary milk bar ....so I can scoff the whole thing tonight like A pig as I am working to 8 pm Mr. Green

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:05 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A breaker bar and a pint.

All the toolboxes in halfords were too small or weren't on wheels.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

As in a valve up by your ear as well as a slide?

I can play brass, blow a rassberry into it and then finesse....

It doesn't have a slide. I like the softer sound it has compared to a Bb trumpet and should be a little bit easier to hit the note. Say like a fretless bass compared to a fretted.

As long as you're not tone-deaf Smile I keep think of that scene from Whiplash... "Tell me it’s not you, Elmer Fudd."

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing of note, I've bought recently is a Roland Cube "Street".
15 hours of amplification for a guitar and mic from 6 AA batteries, how does that even work?

Great bit of kit, that suits my needs, with easily enough oomph to use in a small venue! Thumbs Up

One of these:-

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/roland-cube-street-amplifier-black

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Stella (for me) and Papa John's (for all of the immediate family)

Now, what do I spend the other £51,952 on?

I would suggest spending it on having some great experiences rather than just on stuff.
Coke and hookers!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
The only thing of note, I've bought recently is a Roland Cube "Street".
15 hours of amplification for a guitar and mic from 6 AA batteries, how does that even work?

Great bit of kit, that suits my needs, with easily enough oomph to use in a small venue! Thumbs Up

One of these:-

https://www.dawsons.co.uk/roland-cube-street-amplifier-black

Going busking?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hedgehugger
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just about never buy anything for me, it's usually house stuff.
Bucked the trend with buying a silver chain (my bro bought me a megaladon tooth to put on a necklace), daughter has paid for the chain though.
My other totally extravagant purchase is an Elite 2 joypad. Not a sex toy, but for the Xbox Razz

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:09 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Stella (for me) and Papa John's (for all of the immediate family)

I would suggest spending it on having some great experiences rather than just on stuff.
Coke and hookers!

you've clearly been looking at my FB page...

A big tool chest on wheels
A magnetic parts holder
A Sony Xperia 5 for Mrs Bastard plus screen protector
A Samsung A50 for me plus screen protector and case

Now, I need to get in touch with teh suntans to find out about arranging to meet them on the island to watch the weeks racing....

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:55 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some paint and laquer for the strumpet to make good the damage done when I dropped it on ice last year.

I'm enjoying this....

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:24 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these,

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-msid18-li-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-impact-driver/220fx

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Going busking?

I have a weekly gig in the local kafeneio!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:15 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stella. This won't end well.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

I have a weekly gig in the local kafeneio!

Cool, what sort of stuff are you playing? And did you decide on a finish for the LP - is it, er, finished yet?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:30 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Cocaine.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Who are you, John Lennon?

"I'm an artist. Give me a fuckin tuba an' I'll get something out of it."

Allegedly.

Yes similar to him but with less violence better parenting and a younger wife.

And far more modest! Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Cocaine.

Try to keep up mate Wink

You know what you need? Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:22 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Ste wrote:

Cocaine.

Try to keep up mate Wink

You know what you need? Laughing

Leave him alone, the poor bastard doesn't know that I've put his address down for all the deliveries....

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Blaster-Motorbike-Dryer-Motorcycle-Bike-Car-Snow-Blower-Hosed-w-NOZZLES/312627850510?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A small chest freezer.
It only draws 50 watts from the mains and yet freezes things really well - wft? It does have one of those black round compressor things but I can't even hear it running.

Umm also 2 x 3 m lengths of flexible ventilation ducting and a joining part.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chickenstrip"]
Suntan Sid wrote:
Cool, what sort of stuff are you playing? And did you decide on a finish for the LP - is it, er, finished yet?

Covers, 60's stuff, Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc, also some old time blues, various other random stuff.
It's all getting a bit surreal though, I play with a couple of older, expat guys, one a guitarist the other plays bass. At times I feel like a carer on a night out with two patients, they can both play well, but they're both, shall we say, getting somewhat forgetful, in their dotage. To be honest I'd rather just play, or sing, but I've ended up playing and singing.

I'll probably go with a, high build, oil finish on the guitar, unfortunately for the guitar, it's languishing in Wales while we're sunning ourselves in Cyprus. Should get around to doing something in three weeks!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 06 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Suntan Sid wrote:

Covers, 60's stuff, Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc, also some old time blues, various other random stuff.

Sounds like the kind of mix I used to do in an acoustic duo, then trio. I was always much more into the blues thing (heavily SRV influenced) when I tried putting a proper band together, although I think the drummer would have steered us towards the rock side more at times.

Quote:
It's all getting a bit surreal though, I play with a couple of older, expat guys, one a guitarist the other plays bass. At times I feel like a carer on a night out with two patients, they can both play well, but they're both, shall we say, getting somewhat forgetful, in their dotage. To be honest I'd rather just play, or sing, but I've ended up playing and singing.

Sounds fun Laughing
Don't be too harsh on them, we're all headed that way eventually. At least you're getting to play.

Quote:
I'll probably go with a, high build, oil finish on the guitar, unfortunately for the guitar, it's languishing in Wales while we're sunning ourselves in Cyprus. Should get around to doing something in three weeks!

Look forward to seeing some shots when it's done.
I'm jealous. Aches and pains season has well and truly arrived here Sad

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:16 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did I buy?

Of all things, just purchased a giant Buddhas head garden ornament to go in my garden......... go figure!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:47 - 08 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 sets of shelves and a pair of work benches for the garage alongside a set of feelers gauges,long allen sockets and impact driver bits
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 170 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 293 of 462