Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 16 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double locking long throw bolt for the garage doors.

Ubiquiti external wifi point
https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Images/UAP-AC-M_1_Supersize.jpg?width=937&height=937&v=7

Ubiquiti external POE switch.
This will le me power CCTV cameras and the external wifi froma single cable into the house
https://nxl.storage.googleapis.com/ubiquiti/usw-flex-5-port-gigabit-switch-front-angle.jpg

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:53 - 16 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 litres of petrol for my bike after finally riding it for the first time in 2 months Dance!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 16 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

It was due to be delivered on Monday but I saw one in Costco yesterday for £30 cheaper so I was able to cancel the online order and take one home.
Gave it a whirl even though the grass didn't really need cutting, nice and light to manoeuvre yet it spins fast and feels quite powerful.
Just need a bit of decent growth to give it a proper test.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 16 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/aEoNfe6.png

A treat for work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Yamaha YST-FSW050 sub-woofer. I was thinking that my Hi-Fi separates were slightly disappointing overall but I couldn't put my finger on why until I guessed that sub-woofers are probably factored into the design these days, so if you don't have one the set up isn't complete. I'm very pleased with the sound now. Set at about 3/10 it's subtle but definitely contributing something useful. There's proper "thump" further up the dial but I'm a good neighbour. I chose it partly because it would fit onto the tallest shelf; it's the third unit up. The speaker is actually firing downwards. I've dusted, polished, reordered the shelves and tidied wires at the back, although the stuck-on cable bracket has let go and let the wires fall to the side again. I'd got the TV/Freeview connected wrong but that was a quick fix.

The corner location probably isn't the best but it was the most practical option in a small living room. I'm now rediscovering loads of old CDs, vinyl and downloads.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:54 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stickers. Shifty

https://i.imgur.com/5DrBXS6.png

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you going to do with those stickers?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I reckon he'll stick them to things.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things, or people?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local car/motorcycle parts shop had some Valvoline carburettor cleaner on sale, so I bought a can of it. I need to clean the XBR's carburettor anyway. 3 squids for 500ml of that cleaning goodness.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I've no idea where they're going to end up but I'm sure updates will be provided once some of them have been used to decorate the local area.

There are rectal stickers around here that have been in place for more than a year now. Mr. Green

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Things, or people?

Both. Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Nobby soon to become more sticker than man?

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 18 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
A Yamaha YST-FSW050 sub-woofer. I was thinking that my Hi-Fi separates were slightly disappointing overall but I couldn't put my finger on why until I guessed that sub-woofers are probably factored into the design these days, so if you don't have one the set up isn't complete. I'm very pleased with the sound now. Set at about 3/10 it's subtle but definitely contributing something useful. There's proper "thump" further up the dial but I'm a good neighbour. I chose it partly because it would fit onto the tallest shelf; it's the third unit up. The speaker is actually firing downwards. I've dusted, polished, reordered the shelves and tidied wires at the back, although the stuck-on cable bracket has let go and let the wires fall to the side again. I'd got the TV/Freeview connected wrong but that was a quick fix.

The corner location probably isn't the best but it was the most practical option in a small living room. I'm now rediscovering loads of old CDs, vinyl and downloads.

When buying speakers, check their frequency response. Many modern speakers are meant to be used with a subwoofer, so their frequency response starts way higher than it used to be. Speakers 20 years ago would play anything from 20Hz, modern speakers would start at 50Hz or even higher.

*By the way, many speakers would also end at 20kHz and my thinking always was I can't hear anything above that anyway, or even close to that, so why bother. Well, as it appears, speakers are like engines and their peak power (performance) is bellow the maximum frequency vaule/rev limiter. So a 20kHz speaker sounds the best at 13-14kHz, while a 25kHz speaker sounds the best at those 20kHz, even if a bit lower. Humans normally hear 16-17kHz. Some people can tell 18-19kHz (freaks of nature).

I never liked subwoofers for music, not that I wouldn't try. I ended up setting the subwoofer to a point where when I unplugged it I got exactly the same sound from the 2.0 stereo setup alone. Movies could always use some extra bass, though.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:33 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Is Nobby soon to become more sticker than man?

Perhaps but that's already been done. We should be raising our game rather than just targeting drunk nobby. Laughing

The biohazard stickers have got a lot of potential at the moment so good things are likely to happen with those at the weekend.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comfort food:
Ice creams (Solero/white Magnum)
Pringles
Milk (might make custard later. Custard cures all ills)
Crying or Very sad

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:53 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Comfort food:
Ice creams (Solero/white Magnum)
Pringles
Milk (might make custard later. Custard cures all ills)
Crying or Very sad

What seems to be the problem? Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 19 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bit of bad news last night, sort of threw me out of kilter.
So far I've had a magnum and a solero while doing a pub quiz online with my chums, so I might not need the custard Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 20 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A (Amazon) reconditioned Garmin Etrex 35 Touch gps for walking to replace my Dakota 10 which, like me, suffers from a lack of memory.

Apart from coming in a plain white box it's immaculate and about £80 cheaper than buying new.

All accessories included and unused too.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

One imperial gallon of pink and white maggots.
Complete OE headlight unit for the Bandit
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:

I like that maggots are still sold in imperial measures.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:41 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

shares on the london stock exchange and NY stock exchange...started doing it about 5 months ago with tesla stock and now half of my savings are in shares .....its like a form of semi respectable gambling Laughing Laughing Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:16 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Fisty wrote:

I like that maggots are still sold in imperial measures.

I'm sure the maggots are chuffed as well. Thumbs Up

No foreign maggots being sold in litres here. MPD would be proud Laughing

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 23 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last ebay purchase a slab of ground flat stock

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/b2sAAOSwE8dcvcEo/s-l1600.jpg

Amazon ordered a sealey Stw1012 torque wrench 2-25nm, should be here tomorrow.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 319 of 462