Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:10 - 03 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brace of Tag Kiriums, 90's watches are just starting to appreciate in value. Hoping these will earn me a few ponds in a couple of years.

https://i.imgur.com/ro2n6rX.jpg?1

341 get.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.postimg.cc/N0hk0MNF/IMG-20201005-152703.jpg

Im attempting to buy some bits from poland but the shops paypal intergration is broken. Bank wants 25 quid to do a payment Mad unsure if I can do sepa Sad
I think I will be moving to another bank very soon.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycle computer
Puncture repair kit
6 oysters
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:17 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online (which I had forgotten about and which showed up today):
A box of mixed yard-long ribbons for my hair, offcuts from eBay.
All different colours and sorts Wub

And on the way home tonight:
Two different types of Lush soap , one called Karma (my absolute favourite Lush flavour) and another one called Goddess (well, really Laughing ) which I have not tried before but which promises Oud and Sandalwood Rolling Eyes

I also treated myself to one of their perfumes, rather inappropriately named "Dirty" because in fact it has a really sweet soapy mint top note.
It made me think of Leslie Grantham, the dead ex-husband once decorated his house, and all the workmen used to just call Grantham "Dirty", with that missing London T ... he reckoned they all greeted him like "Alright Dir'y!" Laughing

/girlie

Ah yeah, and some Vietnamesey flavoured pork belly for my tea from Marks and Sparks, and a bit of stir fry veg to go with it.

Shifty It's retail therapy Shifty

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

New elastic for my old Diablo Black Widow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Morrisons on line shop.

Nothing unusual there but it was via Amazon Prime who seem to have some sort of arrangement with Morrisons.

I put the order in this morning, got a 4pm - 6pm slot and it turned up at 4.15pm in the boot of the Amazon delivery drivers car. All in amazon logo bags and sorted into cold/frozen/tinned etc. I even got a text saying the cheese I wanted wasn't in stock, would any of these choices of substitute do?

The bear is impressed. Not having to covid cuddle the great unwashed and same day delivery.

I love Amazon.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 05 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stand thingy for my angle grinder so I can cut proper right angles. Instructions were... minimal so assembly turned into a bit of a logic puzzle.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:59 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Nothing unusual there but it was via Amazon Prime who seem to have some sort of arrangement with Morrisons.

I put the order in this morning, got a 4pm - 6pm slot and it turned up at 4.15pm in the boot of the Amazon delivery drivers car. All in amazon logo bags and sorted into cold/frozen/tinned etc. I even got a text saying the cheese I wanted wasn't in stock, would any of these choices of substitute do?

The bear is impressed. Not having to covid cuddle the great unwashed and same day delivery.

I love Amazon.

Are the prices not higher than if you bought them at Morrisons online?
I've considered having Amazon food delivery, cos I am slighty irked by having to pay Tesco £4.50 for every shop. Whereas with [some of] the others I can order it to be delivered between 10 and 11pm for £2.50 and the guy (who wants to get off home early) usually offers to bring it round for me at about 7 or 8 which suits me much better.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 4 litre of ACF 50 which will do 2 bikes and a quad bike for three years at least.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:52 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I love Amazon.

Are the prices not higher than if you bought them at Morrisons online?
I've considered having Amazon food delivery, cos I am slighty irked by having to pay Tesco £4.50 for every shop. Whereas with [some of] the others I can order it to be delivered between 10 and 11pm for £2.50 and the guy (who wants to get off home early) usually offers to bring it round for me at about 7 or 8 which suits me much better.

Just checked and doesn't seem to be. The stuff I bought a random check shows the same prices on the Morrisons website including offers.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg. I've bought Meg, our new 6 week old kitten. Rat killing commence!

I bought her off of a council estate single mom - scroat. 12.30 in the afternoon still in her pj's, watching daytime telly as her offspring rolled around on the carpet giggling away with a shitty filled nappy.

"There you go love, £60 as agreed", she replied "Couldn't make it £70 could you...". "Err the advert said £60".

She got £60, it better be a champ rat catcher for that.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:58 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

I bought her off of a council estate single mom - scroat. 12.30 in the afternoon still in her pj's, watching daytime telly as her offspring rolled around on the carpet giggling away with a shitty filled nappy.

"There you go love, £60 as agreed", she replied "Couldn't make it £70 could you...". "Err the advert said £60".

Knowing your luck I bet you actually bought a raccoon.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

£60 for a kitten? Is that the going rate?

I would have thought the RSPCA or the feline version of Dogs trust would have been giving them away.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
King29 wrote:

£60 for a kitten? Is that the going rate?

I would have thought the RSPCA or the feline version of Dogs trust would have been giving them away.

£60 seems the going rate from rescue centres.
I got one years ago which cost me £60 and one last year - ditto.
Not bad really as they come already inoculated and neutered.

King29's 6 week old one will need inoculating and speying.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

£60 seems the going rate from rescue centres.
I got one years ago which cost me £60 and one last year - ditto.
Not bad really as they come already inoculated and neutered.

King29's 6 week old one will need inoculating and speying.

If it actually exists, then what makes you think he'll bother with the responsible stuff.

He gets more and more Tritey with every post... Laughing

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Barnett black widow when I were a lad.

Fucking lethal things, dad taught me to use one on the beach plinking tin cans from 20m. So much fun.

Off to ebay I go......

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

How much did you pay for the shitty filled nappy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/lQ1Cxzn.jpg

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a cut throat razor, nothing fancy just el cheapo one, if I fuck it up when I try to hone it I haven't ruined a decent one.

Had my first shave with it and didn't peel my face off which I class as a result.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stole all the piggies from the bank and left them at Rukka HQ, sort of.

Popped into my local J&S and went to look at the Rukka Overpass (sold as Rukka R.O.R abroad) they've got on sale. For £349.99 you get a pair of trousers with no armour or thermal liner, and for £449.99 you get a jacket with the same features. Was tempted, but Rukka are taking the p**s at those prices for what you get.

Decided to see what was around second hand, and managed to get a hardly used jacket from one seller and a pair of well used trousers from another for less than what the Overpass jacket would have cost me. Both have thermal layers and full sets of armour included.

Providing they fit I'll be happy. Laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/J0tpsWKk/s-l1600-6.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:57 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/lQ1Cxzn.jpg

Be a darl, disable the flash, its fucking eyes...

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 06 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
recman wrote:

Barnett black widow when I were a lad.

Fucking lethal things, dad taught me to use one on the beach plinking tin cans from 20m. So much fun.

Off to ebay I go......

My mistake, it is indeed a Barnet Black Widow and not the Diablo which has the pistol grip.
https://i.postimg.cc/4x91pBQN/20201006-230230.jpg

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 07 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car tyres.

On the way there a van overtook me and pinged a stone into my front quarterlight. Fortunately it just crazed but still needs to be replaced.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 07 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the games begin.

https://i.postimg.cc/DfHgN40R/20201007-142039.jpg

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 07 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Let the games begin.

Remember not to shoot the fleshy bit between your thumb and index finger. It smarts a bit if you do. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342 ... 460, 461, 462  Next
Page 341 of 462