Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:29 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

band saw blades, getting pricey mind £15 and a few pennies each
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:49 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A house...so it'd be just my luck that the market takes a dump very soon...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:53 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

An illuminated owl to replace the duck that was thieved off the roof of my boat. The crap people steal is mindblowing. Rolling Eyes

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CcnRzXsjS.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 08 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better valves, front suspension stuff, some cosmetic crap, Ace air kit, bigger bore pipe and can for my Enfield 535GT. Best part of a grand sunk on making a loud slow bike slightly less slow and alot louder Laughing

Was depression spending after selling my GSXR.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 08 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Better valves, front suspension stuff, some cosmetic crap, Ace air kit, bigger bore pipe and can for my Enfield 535GT. Best part of a grand sunk on making a loud slow bike slightly less slow and alot louder Laughing

or £1000 spent making your bike worth £500 less second hand. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:17 - 09 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

or £1000 spent making your bike worth £500 less second hand. Thumbs Up

Laughing

Pretty much or at least not adding any real value, gotta add Dyno time to it as well. Still gives me stuff to do and if it gets it to crack a ton without grenading I'll be happy.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

An air fryer.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 10 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secured a socket for a sprocket... 36mm Smile

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:29 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Secured a socket for a sprocket... 36mm Smile

Wont socket 5ive pond.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:13 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRL: Some coleslaw, posh "hog roast" burger patties, and chocolate chip shortbread (which shows up on the receipt as "choc chip sht" Laughing )

Online: two cushions with skellingtons on them, for my ex for his birthday.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Online: two cushions with skellingtons on them, for my ex for his birthday.

Defo need to get some wellies with skeletons on them. Skellington boots.

photoman
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:34 - 14 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Ferodo Brake pads x 3 sets. New Goodridge brake lines front and rear. New Caliper overhaul kits x 2. New Michelin 160/70/17 radial tyre. Service kit for my bike. oh yes and a bag of salted peanuts!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 14 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two large breakfasts at Wetherspoons, unlimited coffee x 2, a bottle of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, several extra glasses of same.
And a box of 10 spicy chicken wings on the way home.
I have already got a headache, but I have had a nice day.
Cool Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 15 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd hand jet wash, £15

couple of hours cleaning the patio we put down over 20 years ago and another couple cleaning up the mess Laughing couldn't believe just how much cleaner it got

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 15 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
2nd hand jet wash, £15

couple of hours cleaning the patio we put down over 20 years ago and another couple cleaning up the mess Laughing couldn't believe just how much cleaner it got

I highly recommend a patio cleaner to help keep the mess and shite spraying everywhere to a minimum.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd hand Panasonic Viera 22" LCD tv. £35 Ebay.
Collecting locally tomorrow.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple of cheap bottle cages

I fell down a ratings review rabbit hole on amazon, and gave up, too much choice, in the end I just bought the same cheapo ones I always get. They break, eventually but they only are £5 a pair.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

An second hand electric black leather reclining armchair in sparkling nick, on which I'm typing this very message.
I hope it comes across just how relaxed I am.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last nearly new bike jacket, a textile, cost me £15 sometime around 2005. Splashed out today for a nearly new leather jacket, £40. Bloody inflation.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 21 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online:
Some flea foggers, some scented drawer liners and some patchouli oil, and a poster of Marlon Brando from Mutiny on the Bounty Wub
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTY1OTQ5MWMtYzA2Zi00NjU0LTk2ZDAtZDA5MTk4NzVkMGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg

Thinking Possibly I might have accidentally also bought a "lobby card" from the original Italian Job where M.C. is kneeling on the floor "Hang on lads ..."
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2009/01/23/ITA005DQ460.jpg?width=300&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=839e31dc7072dc4732b6d9a51170a726

IRL: A small folding chair and table, and a 2-person tent, ffs, what am I even thinking about camping (!!)

Plus several chilli plants because black chillies Cool One of them has a couple of red chillies in amongst the black one, but they're not really for eating, more horticulture-experimental ... i.e., what percentage of chillies will turn from black to red Thinking

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 21 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some Triumph frame and swing arm coating and top coat.
I managed to scrape a tiny bit of coating off the swing arm years ago while using a paddock stand. Oxidisation has gradually taken place and bubbled up a small patch so its time I tidied it up.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 21 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A clamp mount for the Go-Pro knock-off by Goldman’s I bought in B&M Home Store on a whim for £20 several months ago. I’m surprised they’re allowed to copy the Go-Pro appearance so closely but the image quality was only on a par with the action cameras I dabbled with 10 years ago. Claims of 1080P don’t tell the whole story and I suspect the frame rate was <30 fps, so a bit jerky.

The clamp worked well fixed to the Kawasaki’s rubber-sleeved mirror stalk, and I’ll use it with the wildlife camera too.

Footage was mildly interesting (to no one but me). I’m getting more lean than I thought. However the camera gives a false impression of speeds and distances. Looks faster, distances greater.

Good clamp. Camera just ok. I won’t be using the camera routinely.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:20 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a shed Very Happy , no pictures, it’s just a shed, a large one, but it’s still just a shed.

Happy Pepperami is happy Very Happy Thumbs Up

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I bought a shed Very Happy , no pictures, it’s just a shed, a large one, but it’s still just a shed.

Happy Pepperami is happy Very Happy Thumbs Up

And what shed activities do you have planned? Is it just for storage or sanctuary?
You can't just declare shed without elaborating.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:09 - 23 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

And what shed activities do you have planned? Is it just for storage or sanctuary?
You can't just declare shed without elaborating.

Naked trampolining Shocked Very Happy Thumbs Up !

Seriously.
It’s definitely going to be my man-cave. Smile
It’s going to be a cross between a workshop and a sanctuary.
I even thought about getting a bike lift, but that went out the window when I saw the prices Crying or Very sad
Got a big fat recliner chair to go in there maybe?, now looking for a telly.
Because I will have a good amount of storage in the garage, not everything has to come in the shed, yay! Smile

Storage is for the garage as I’ll never get the car into the garage unless I buy and old Austin A35 or an original Fiat 500.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 376 of 461