Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:56 - 28 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard it said that the police target Porsche drivers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 09:25 - 28 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
ive heard it said that the police target Porsche drivers.

And Ferrari drivers, and McLaren drivers, and Lamborghini drivers. I'm no fan of the police in general (with a few exceptions) and they are a law unto themselves literally. They'll do what they do, and I'll do what I do and if our paths cross I'll deal with it then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 31 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some snazzy Sharpie pens in gold, silver and bronze to write stuff on black backgrounds, cos I once ordered myself up a box of business cards which are just totally black with my name and phone number on, in tiny white letters (script, of course, practically unreadable) down the bottom right hand corner

Brick Wall twat Brick Wall twat Brick Wall twat

I'm helping a mate to run his stall at a rally soon, and I thought I should probably have some biz cards to hand out when I am schmoozin' his customers.

So I am sat here writing "Art Director" ( Rolling Eyes yeah, yeah Laughing ) and my frickin Instagram handle on the cards with snazzy Sharpie colours.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
cos I once ordered myself up a box of business cards which are just totally black with my name and phone number on, in tiny white letters (script, of course, practically unreadable) down the bottom right hand corner

Are you sure you are not a member of the assassins guild?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shifty Might be. Might not be Shifty

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Worx cordless hedge trimmer. I already had the battery and charger from my Worx 20v cordless jet wash.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKt6qhxL/D6-A2-A426-AD76-46-F8-9776-6-FF29-A1-F6-B43.jpg

Shwing! etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__sDEWIjQ_g

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
A Worx cordless hedge trimmer. I already had the battery and charger from my Worx 20v cordless jet wash.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKt6qhxL/D6-A2-A426-AD76-46-F8-9776-6-FF29-A1-F6-B43.jpg

Shwing! etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__sDEWIjQ_g

2 stroke?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

2 stroke?

mine requires more than 2 strokes Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Bentley ‘Intense’ eau de parfum.

Because I’m worth it….. Apparently it smells of rum and leather….

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new paddock stand.

I'd given my old one away and just wanted a cheap one for occasional use. I spotted one of the typical Chinese drop shippers on eBay had cocked up their listing and were selling a pair for the same price as everyone else was doing one.

What's this? There's only one turned up today?! Oh noes! I've politely asked the seller to dispatch my missing stand... let the games begin Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frigin little screw bolt for the rear speed sensor. Oh the joy of gear oil all over the back wheel.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not strictly bought...bit of swaps.

It's a hipster music thing and 99.5% fun.
Synths/Drums/FX/Sequencers/Sampler/Recorder/FM Radio

Called an OP-1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-TSuKLXMAA5MsG?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Not strictly bought...bit of swaps.

It's a hipster music thing and 99.5% fun.
Synths/Drums/FX/Sequencers/Sampler/Recorder/FM Radio

Called an OP-1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-TSuKLXMAA5MsG?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I'd love one of those! There's something about tactile controls vs. the likes of garage band.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garageband is pretty formidable for a freebie...then again Reaper and a wodge of free plugins would also knock the socks off the OP-1...as would all workstation synths like the Fantom et al.

It's a different way of 'working' for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:14 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm warming to the psychologists' view: it's crucial to get the initial inspiration written down as fast as possible, worry about spelling and grammar in a 2nd pass. They were talking about book writing but I think it applies to most creative endeavours Thinking

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT and far too much waffle.

I have a friend that approaches song writing in a different way to me. He grinds out a song over a period of time....sometimes weeks. Playing a phrase or section over and over until a new line erupts forth.
He once described it as an almost painful experience that only gave total satisfaction once the song was complete.

It'd be naïve to think that there's a one-way approach yet some psychologists are of the mindset to use broad brushstrokes.
Now, if you're in a rut or procrastinating then just putting pencil to paper and writing may break that barrier. Or maybe putting everything away and doing summat different could be the thing.

The creative process sure is wonderful and varied as is the actual act of recording. Playing live is another thing altogether...The Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde thing is pretty common eh.

The All-in-one-box machines (I have a few) are just plain fun to use even if the results aren't always used on a track for public consumption.

The OP-1 is fun,,,,yell into the in-built microphone...or plug in a guitar or your phone and with minimal tweaking you have something original, something that's your own thing.
To complete a full song on it will require a modicum of effort and planning.
Us of a certain age are reminded of the blessings and curse that the Fostex 4 tracks offered us....and have you seen the price of those things now. My Yamaha MT4X could be worth the price of a holiday soon.Which is where I'll be using the OP-1...and in the frontroom...or at a jam session...or maybe on my next tune....or gigs if someone will book me.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, not actually me doing the buying but the missus said that she wants to make the lounge look like British pub and that she'd ordered a few things.... Wasted

When I went out to work this morning I was told that today was delivery day for a 'few things'... Wasted

When I arrived home there was a fair amount of cardboard packaging strewn about the carport and I remembered that stuff was arriving today... Wasted Wasted

...Now I'm thinking something along the lines of a bar, ie a bartop type arrangement with a fridge and beer taps, etc, you get my drift?...

But no, I walk in the lounge tonight and it looks like Austin Powers moved in. Pale
A 'few things' consisted of a small two person Chesterfield style sofa... in blue... with glass crystal baubles for buttons... and the front of the arms studded with chrome studs ( Puke ) and a large Union Jack rug. Rolling Eyes
What with the previous owners penchant for dark oak panelling and our nice three seater leather sofa complimenting the look, I hit the real fridge with the real beer and had a cool one at the kitchen table... Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^The horse brasses are in the post. Sick

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:15 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
^^^The horse brasses are in the post. Sick

Cheers , that'll be marvellous, all I'm missing then is some tatty porcelain figures and a couple of garden gnomes... Puke

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 6 digit private reg number for my next two wheeled purchase.
I've had my eye on that particular number for literally years now and wanted to bag it while it was still there.
It can sit on the certificate until I'm ready to transfer it to something. It's a 1989 G prefix number so it can go
on pretty much any vehicle I'm ever likely to own.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of old Stanley planes - a number 5 and a number 6. 32 of your finest UK ponds each from eBay Smile

A bit of light restoration (surface rust removal, iron reprofiling and sole flattening) and they'll be good to go.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
A couple of old Stanley planes - a number 5 and a number 6. 32 of your finest UK ponds each from eBay Smile

A bit of light restoration (surface rust removal, iron reprofiling and sole flattening) and they'll be good to go.

Do you ever use them or just like collecting and renovating old tools? I've done it on seized vises. Incredibly satisfying for some reason.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:11 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mug of tea at softplay purgatory with the lttle bastard.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone full hipster/country gent and bought a Barbour jacket.
Standards of the dog walkers are slipping in my local park.
I'm seeing far too many people wearing Peter Storm and the like so I thought I'd even the balance a tad.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 05 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've been accused of being a hipster do you think the OP-1 synth would fit in the pocket?

I had my uncle's old Barbour oiled jacket...it was from the 70s and was bloody freezing on the bike.

Binned it when I fell off and tore a hole in it.

Possibly worth more than a new one. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 377, 378, 379 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 378 of 461