 1cyl World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 26 Dec 2014 Post subject: Is this a good carb tune guide? |
 |
|
After not using the little road pit bike for a good while, I decided to blitz it for my now traditional, but shortening, Xmas day ride.
I failed to make it out in the morn, or the even more preferable empty roads around lunch time. But determined not to break tradition, I seized a window of opportunity at around 4pm.
I can't remember the last time I rode it in the dark and cold, which might explain why I have never noticed when returning, the vibrant orange glow of the header after leaving it warming whilst getting my gear on.
It's my own foolishness: The carb is a cheap 24/26mm one, jetted as it was when it came in the box with the yx160 Engine. Annoyingly, the manifold for the 28mm one, that came with the TB bore kit I also bought at the same time , arrived with an intake manifold that didn't fit the standard 2v head. But, as it started and ran on it's very first kick , with the standard carb, I lazily just left it, and here I am 1200miles later . I did order a jet kit back then, and i've just found it in the draw.
So, planning to have a go at finally trying to properly tune this little setup in the new year. I've cleaned and assembled carbs but that's where my experience ends, never tried tweaking a before but I'm hoping I can manage it without wasting too much time or any more money. Found this guide which I plan to follow.
How hard can it be right?:
https://www.ooracing.com/tuningTips.
Any chance of success with this do you think folks? Or am I going to need to spend and seek experience?
Hope you all had merry xmas's! ____________________ Chase my Witch up, Catch my Snitch up.
The SMC | The Pit | Stable |
|
 Triton Thrasher Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 Karma :  
|
|
 veroom Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 07 Dec 2014 Karma :     
|
|
 stirlinggaz World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Jul 2007 Karma :    
|
|
 Triton Thrasher Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 Karma :  
|
|