Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

OFFICIAL BCF BBQ 2015 - Friday 7th August- Monday 10th Augus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 04 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back at uni from September, which will mean the only time I will have holiday will be the month of August, any other time will likely be out of the question with perhaps a few exceptions - just putting that out there to steer next years date in my favour Very Happy

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 04 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/56355517.jpg

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 04 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, when we getting this shit planned?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:22 - 04 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be the same place. I only ask as Wales is a mission and the further it gets from Oxford the less amazed I am at the idea Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 04 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each time I go it takes less time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 04 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Wales is a mission

You're more than welcome to split the journey Paddy and crash at mine.

I'm 4-5 hours from Bubbs.

Having said that, you moved not long ago, got no idea where you live now Paddy Very Happy

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 04 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy, it's worth the trek, especially if you can stop over somewhere en-route.

There's every likelihood is that it will be even better next year.

The great thing about Bubbs's place apart from the Bubbs family is that it's impossible to annoy anyone and we get to do (almost) anything we want to.

There'll be a double bacon & egg sandwich with your name on it!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:13 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Will it be the same place. I only ask as Wales is a mission and the further it gets from Oxford the less amazed I am at the idea Laughing

But they have guns and diggers there!
(Not that those helped me get there this time, but I reckon the venue is definitely worth the trip regardless!)

Doovy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Each time I go it takes less time.

That's because every year the dementia is setting in just a little bit more Razz

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folks are happy to let us use the place again. I'm pretty easy about location though so Happy to go somewhere else if the majority decide is too much of trek.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be silly to change location, we had some good BBQs elsewhere, but having acres of land with nobody to piss off is a godsend.

Wales is a bit of a trek from London, but to be fair it's nowhere near the middle of the country - it's way closer for the southerners amongst us.

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

im in for this again. although im not going to turn up at the last minute on saturday night like last time, that took the shine off it a bit Laughing

next year the family holiday can fuck off! the BCFBBQ is much more important.

<scuttles off to find cheap paintball gun>

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovylee wrote:
im in for this again. although im not going to turn up at the last minute on saturday night like last time, that took the shine off it a bit Laughing

next year the family holiday can fuck off! the BCFBBQ is much more important.

<scuttles off to find cheap paintball gun>

Yes!!! Let's do paintballing! I'm going to make a Ghillie Suit...

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-zfvgw8/n35yvp3h/products/118/images/819/warrior_ghillie_suit__41604.1384701863.1280.1280.gif?c=2

We have so many different types of land... it could be pretty amazing if enough people did it.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... What dates in Aug can no-one do?

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 05 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may come to the next one, not been to one for a few years! Plus guns and diggers...WIN win!!!

GrumpyGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those truffles better show up again next time...I had a wonderful time gazing at your beautiful trees

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 21:53 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

Yes!!! Let's do paintballing!

Think -matt- and I had mentioned before that airsoft is worth considering - yes, it does rely on "honour", (which may in reality put it out for BCF!) but the kit can be cheaper and the ammo definitely is (try 1000 BBs for a chunk under a tenner and you can run all day on one cheap battery (or hand power for bolt action), rather than messing with compressed gasses etc.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 08 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bubbs should pick a date and we all fall in line with that. As for the shooting of each other, it isn't for me, but I will bring my first aid skills with me.

I was really cheesed off that I couldn't make it this year, but didn't want to be in the "I'm not going brigade" at the time as it always seems to put a downer on things. Next year will be brilliant, really looking forward to it already, already got the his and her's bikes, intercoms and satnav ready.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:11 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as possible for a date would be good.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just say same as this year? Second weekend in August?

So that'll be 13th & 14th.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Think -matt- and I had mentioned before that airsoft is worth considering - yes, it does rely on "honour", (which may in reality put it out for BCF!) but the kit can be cheaper and the ammo definitely is (try 1000 BBs for a chunk under a tenner and you can run all day on one cheap battery (or hand power for bolt action), rather than messing with compressed gasses etc.

Airsoft is EVEN less likely.

You do not have to worry about honour, just play in T-shirts and shorts + safety glasses. When you get hit it will leave a red welt on your skin. Marshals detect cheating by going around shooting people and seeing if they declare if they are hit or not.

For £60 you can buy a terrible AEG or AEP (automatic electric gun/pistol). They have low range, low FPS and you can literally dodge out of the way of the BB pellets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWOgeExiNJw

Airsoft sniper rifles tend to be 400-600FPS and you can move out of the way. Your low end AEG will be 250-320FPS.

You can buy a gas pistol cheaper for about £40 a pop which is just about usable but they have short range and during intense fire fights you can be burning through magazines like no tomorrow.

Air softing WOULD be doable IF everybody used trishot shotguns. You can buy cheap almost disposable tri-shot shotties for about £30 + £5 for an extra shell (else you only get 10 shots). These shotguns are ok have ok fps but then can break quite easily. If I felt like it I might be able to get a shipment from SZ for about £17 each. But having 30 shotguns even toy ones turn up to my home isn't something I want.

BBs are cheap however I suspect Bubb's dad will want us to use organic biodegradable BBs. Else animals eat them and they die.

The biggest issue is buying without a UKARA nobody'll sell you an airsoft gun unless it is two tone. As selling to somebody without a defence/good reason carries hefty penalties. This limits you to two tone guns, which you CAN'T spray black or whatever without hefty penalties.

The next biggest hurdle is the land and insurance. The making of a good airsoft defence in the eyes of the law (not including two tone guns) is to be a player on a registered and insured site. Playing on private land without this well carries hefty penalties.

Oh and as a side you might get hunted down relentlessly by me. I get quite a few knife kills. Very Happy
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:00 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Marshals detect cheating by going around shooting people and seeing if they declare if they are hit or not.

Possibly, not seen iut in the fairly limited stuff I've done.

Think I paid around £75 for my not perfectly-fine AEG that'll do around 320fps I believel.

Plenty of people will sell you an airsoft gun without 'UKARA' - as you suggest it's merely one option for a 'defense' and by it's self holds no legal standing. I bought said AEG before having done any airsoft.
Of course it's not illegal to buy either - only to sell.

How many cases have there been of people that are being slightly careful getting fined for painting a two-tone black?

As far as the land goes - there's nothing at all in the law that would prohibit the use of the land for airsoft - if it wasn't so isolated, I might suggest warning the local police encase neighbours got worried and called them. (Though, there may have been a public right of way, if so that should be avoided etc.)

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the first thing about airsoft, or paintballing, but I'm well up for dicking around in a forest shooting at each other for a bit.

£18 for biodegradable pellets + Shotgun for £25 (plus £15 for 2 tone if wanted) Seems like a cheap weekends fun to me!

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
How many cases have there been of people that are being slightly careful getting fined for painting a two-tone black?

In 2015? About 7 or 8 people. Several merely painted plastic guns to make them more realistic. While these things don't have standing in law. The issue is to make a good legal defence and reason as to why you own such a thing. It's for when sods law happens and the police decide to nosey around for some reason.

Think of it this way, Sir why do you have such an item? Because I play at xzy I have membership cards and paperwork at their offices which I can give you the contact details for. Vs I have it coz I play in my back yard or for fun. Blame the chavs who keep robbing shops using realistic imitation firearms.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 23:23 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth; I'd see what you can get secondhand in AEG format - can always sell it after for the same price.

"Going to do an airsoft event at a biker bbq" as far as I know IS a legitimate defence (especially if pointed to this thread etc), but it's up to the seller to decide if that's ok with them - shops won't risk it, but most private sellers would be ok with that I expect (or not care at all, unless you turn up in police uniform or something.)

Quote:
In 2015? About 7 or 8 people. Several merely painted plastic guns to make them more realistic.

Citations, please, especially that they were at least a little careful about it (to start with, not posting a youtube 'guide to painting your two tone black', etc).

Checking up on the rules again; from what I can see, you have to have a 'defense' to paint a two-tone black (manufacturing a RIF) - the 'defense' in this case is that you're attending a skirmish and don't want a bright orange gun as you'll get shot.

Last edited by G on 23:30 - 09 Nov 2015; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 37 of 40