Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

OFFICIAL BCF BBQ 2015 - Friday 7th August- Monday 10th Augus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
I don't know the first thing about airsoft, or paintballing, but I'm well up for dicking around in a forest shooting at each other for a bit.

£18 for biodegradable pellets + Shotgun for £25 (plus £15 for 2 tone if wanted) Seems like a cheap weekends fun to me!

Seriously don't buy that. I've seen cheapies like that fall apart in the first couple of hours of a skirmish. The bodies are also very thin plastic and hole from being hit by BBs.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
"Going to do an airsoft event at a biker bbq" as far as I know IS a legitimate defence

It's not legitimate if the site is not registered and insured.

Quote:
(especially if pointed to this thread etc), but it's up to the seller to decide if that's ok with them - shops won't risk it, but most private sellers would be ok with that I expect (or not care at all, unless you turn up in police uniform or something.)

They care, you know why they care because wanton attitudes like this tend to get laws like the VCRA 2006 put in place as people use these RIFs to rob corner shops which gets THEM into big trouble.

Quote:
In 2015? About 7 or 8 people. Several merely painted plastic guns to make them more realistic.

Check out realistic imitation firearm on google and click the news tab. Bloke who painted an Ak in March. Bloke who had his gun spotted inside his home.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 09 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Think -matt- and I had mentioned before that airsoft is worth considering
No idea if I can even make it next year this far ahead, but hopefully I can. If everyone was happy with the idea though I think airsoft could be a good plan, particularly instead of paintball - its a lot cheaper for starters.
Itchy wrote:
without a UKARA nobody'll sell you an airsoft gun unless it is two tone
There are allegedly lots of places that will.
Itchy wrote:
In 2015? About 7 or 8 people.
How many people have done this in 2015 and nothing has happened though Wink. Its a bit like using torrents - someone, somewhere, got fined £100,000 for downloading one film, whilst everyone else downloaded films all year round without any problem. Theres a few lines between being sensible, cautious and overly concerned Razz.
Itchy wrote:
While these things don't have standing in law. The issue is to make a good legal defence and reason as to why you own such a thing.
Last I was aware - ''Someone gifted it to me'' covers it. The legal restrictions apply to the manufacture, distribution and sale of immitation firearms, not what happens to them after the point of sale (assuming you have a bit of common sense storing/transporting/where you use it). For example, there is nothing to stop a parent with UKARA buying a black AEG and giving it to their 12 year old kid if its only displayed and used at an airsoft site/private land (assuming it doesn't cause public disturbance/shots stay within the boundary of the land etc), technically, is there?
Itchy wrote:
BBs are cheap however I suspect Bubb's dad will want us to use organic biodegradable BBs. Else animals eat them and they die.
Thats a good point - although wouldn't make it much more expensive overall (especially if people planned it in advance and bought in bulk), either way it would be a lot cheaper than paintball if either did go ahead.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:
How many people have done this in 2015 and nothing has happened though Wink. Its a bit like using torrents - someone, somewhere, got fined £100,000 for downloading one film, whilst everyone else downloaded films all year round without any problem. Theres a few lines between being sensible, cautious and overly concerned Razz..

Your choice, but consider where you are. There are good people bad people and anything in-between.

Consider for instance how often individuals get doxxed on here. Or how various individuals think it's ok to search for where somebody works and get them fired and quite a few people thinking it's completely OK.

This is of course completely irrelevant, as most of the stuff that was announced or planned did not happen and most of the people who said they would come did not.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Your choice, but consider where you are. There are good people bad people and anything in-between.

Consider for instance how often individuals get doxxed on here. Or how various individuals think it's ok to search for where somebody works and get them fired and quite a few people thinking it's completely OK.
I get your point about that side of things - but there is very little anyone could do legal-wise because people are paintballing or airsofting on private land with their own equipment (two-tone or otherwise), besides a phonecall to police and getting it shut down . In that respect airsoft is no more risky than paintball - unless someone decided to weild an airsoft gun at the police etc Laughing which would be a whole different kind of incident.

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the potential for it to become a problem - if it was me I wouldn't be hosting any airsoft or paintball Shocked, i'm just saying if people go ahead with anything like this, airsoft is the better choice over paintball in my opinion Razz.

Last edited by -Matt- on 00:35 - 10 Nov 2015; edited 1 time in total

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:34 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

It's not legitimate if the site is not registered and insured.

Ah, yes; I didn't know that. So providing you appropriately convince the seller that this is what you are doing (going to an airsoft event, as I did... which was exactly what I was doing), there is your 'defense'.

Moot point in reality for a lot of people.

In the end, the sort going to rob a shop or whatever will no doubt happily paint a two tone up regardless.

Quote:

Check out realistic imitation firearm on google and click the news tab. Bloke who painted an Ak in March. Bloke who had his gun spotted inside his home.

Only one I could find for March was someone walking around a town dressed as a soldier with a RIF who it seems merely got a slap on the wrists from the armed police. Can't find your other one.
For the record, that first example most definitely does not come under being 'a little careful' - quite the opposite.

I'm still not sure of the actual issues of forum users doing this? They wouldn't be committing any crime. Lets say the very worst happened - police turn up to reports of people running around with guns... and find a field with a load of tents and motorbikes parked up, along with various people standing around with beers etc. Overall, I'm not a scenario I'm overly worried by.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I'm still not sure of the actual issues of forum users doing this? They wouldn't be committing any crime. Lets say the very worst happened - police turn up to reports of people running around with guns... and find a field with a load of tents and motorbikes parked up, along with various people standing around with beers etc. Overall, I'm not a scenario I'm overly worried by.

Three things:

The UK police aren't exactly hot on their law and may decide to arrest you anyway. I'd hazard to guess you don't want to be arrested even if you are let go the next day or the copper is looking at his arrest quota for that month.

There are some decent people who attend. I don't like to see bad things happen to decent people.

Stuff that happens today has repercussions in things you may not even be considering tomorrow, while the past cannot be altered you can influence and affect your future. IIRC arrested but not charged shows up on EDBS checks these days.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 01:17 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I can see it not looking great on the cop's records if they actually seriously tried that.

In the grand scheme of things, I think you've got the potential risk massively out.

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
The UK police aren't exactly hot on their law and may decide to arrest you anyway. I'd hazard to guess you don't want to be arrested even if you are let go the next day or the copper is looking at his arrest quota for that month
Depends on the person I suppose - could be some significant compensation on the way if someone is clued up Razz.
Itchy wrote:
IIRC arrested but not charged shows up on EDBS checks these days.
Going off topic; but - If arrest without charge is deemed relevant to the position it can be disclosed under an EBDS. If its relevant, justified, proportionate and from a credible source. A key point they consider is whether by disclosing it they are breaching the applicants ''human right to a private life''. Without significant evidence this is going to struggle to get anywhere - i.e someone saying ''we were playing airsoft in a private field, and someone called the police'' without a few witnesses to say otherwise is probably not going to have any problems if they were arrested without charge.

You can also dispute any information that has been disclosed through an EDBS prior to showing the certificate to your employer, so if there are no cautious/convictions against you and you disagree with arrest-history thats been disclosed, it can be challenged and presented clean to future employers instead of the 'original copy'.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:46 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat killjoy.

Fuck the police. Bring airsoft if you fancy it. Along with your 180mph superbikes and fly round the country at triple figures on 1 wheel/julllaaaaayyyy etc.

Who cares about a little airsoft being played. So long you don't shoot people who aren't playing and people that aren't playing don't wander into the death zone...All is good.

Trying to think of a logical way to get there. What's the state of play with bikes/toys etc.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:49 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Trying to think of a logical way to get there. What's the state of play with bikes/toys etc.

I did quickly look at the price of hiring a 7.5t lorry, - was thinking maybe get a few together to share costs - but it's, ah, 'prohibitive'.

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:47 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever next year's is I'm definitely coming. I'll plan several days to allow travel down from North of the wall...

Also own both paintball and Airsoft equipment so I'm ready for either Thumbs Up

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I did quickly look at the price of hiring a 7.5t lorry, - was thinking maybe get a few together to share costs - but it's, ah, 'prohibitive'.

You love a good lorry huh!

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 19:13 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The discussion around two-tone etc - this is a BCF BBQ, not a collection of people who take their BB gun warfare seriously or who particularly care about the score. It's a bunch of drunk bikers running around shooting each other. If certain individuals show up, then it's a bunch of drunk bikers running around shooting certain individuals.

Seems the way forward is cheap guns that would last a weekend.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:57 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of agree, I can buy a crappy spring powered hand gun from a corner shop down the road for about a tenner. The shot gun on the other page would be a laugh for £20 odd quid.

If it happens it will be for shits and giggles, we're not talking Delta Force vs S.A.S here Laughing I don't really care if somebody turns up with a £200 rifle, I'm happy running around with a plastic fantastic piece of crap.

Happy to spend a bit more on biodegradable balls Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:04 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is now considering an airsoft gun AND a 180mph bike down the M4?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a blowjob to finish off so could do with knowing dates.
No guns for me...I'm a lover. I will be arriving at approx 180mph though. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 21:50 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I have a blowjob to finish off so could do with knowing dates.
No guns for me...I'm a lover. I will be arriving at approx 180mph though. Thumbs Up

You've obviously missed a decimal point out there Shifty

Says the bloke who rides a brown Deauville

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to be pedantic but it's closer to 186mph.

https://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/howlingterror_2006/2f026a91-d42a-4592-bebe-c837f13db2db_zpsq5u6vlmm.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:28 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably put the bone down, but...
Lots of ways you can make airsoft items that aren't at all like 'real' guns for not much.

Ie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME1BcEcBD9I

I've wondered in the past about having a couple of barrels mounted on your arm (no extra unnecessary replica fluff) - a fully auto connected to an air tank and a sniper with a scope/camera on. Less kit to lug about, more maneuverability - maybe even have a fully auto on both arms for when lying on your side in a ditch etc.

Can get a basic (ie 250fps or so claimed) 2 tone AEG for £45, or just noticed this posted up in the local group as an idea for secondhand..
K-Warrior 1911 two tone GBB pistol - 70 ono
Black Viper G36C transparent - 50 ono
Balck viper M4 CQB (missing stock) - 30 ono
Double Eagle Famas spring - 30 ono
Double eagle M304 spring - 15 ono
(Don't have to worry about 'defence' for any of them if you do.)

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:03 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

If that's yours, put your name in the not attending section. I predict RAC not BBQ Wink

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:39 - 10 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the 2010 F4 reliability supposedly compares to others. Marginally better than say S100RR.
If it breaks it gets fixed...same may not apply to the pilot. Mr. Green

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

I've wondered in the past about having a couple of barrels mounted on your arm (no extra unnecessary replica fluff) - a fully auto connected to an air tank and a sniper with a scope/camera on. Less kit to lug about, more maneuverability - maybe even have a fully auto on both arms for when lying on your side in a ditch etc.

Don't, I've seen such a rig. They use an airtank on a minigun. Part of the power is used to spin the thing and it's capable of knocking out teeth and under 20 metres and my guess is few people will have decent face protection.

FYI airsoft you want EN166B standard wrap around safety glasses at the very least.

AVOID the cheapo mesh goggles. BBs can shatter and cause a shotgun effect into your eyeball. Or they can spall and cause a paint shotgun effect into your eye. Poor guy last week was taken to hospital for this recently when his mesh goggles spalled.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 09:22 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convenient thing with such is that you can easily adjust the air pressure - be it with less in the main storage unit or an adjustable pressure reducer inline.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 10:09 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just imagining the warning stickers on a G-built BB gun.

Caution, compressed air. In event of malfunction, user must yell Allahu Akbar prior to exploding.

Caution, user may be electrocuted by this device.

Caution, laser targeting lashed together from a blu-ray player and a vauxhall cavalier. Danger to eyes, risk of radiation sickness.

Caution, targeting computer may become self aware, learn to make the gun more powerful, and shred Itchy for the good of humanity.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40