Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

OFFICIAL BCF BBQ 2015 - Friday 7th August- Monday 10th Augus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Don't, I've seen such a rig. They use an airtank on a minigun. Part of the power is used to spin the thing and it's capable of knocking out teeth and under 20 metres and my guess is few people will have decent face protection.

Bah, just keep yer helmet on.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 13:29 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
I'm just imagining the warning stickers on a G-built BB gun.

The warning stickers required to keep Itchy happy would give Leo Tolstoy a run for his money.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your choice if you choose to play without eye and face protection.

But you can't buy new eyeballs or teeth.

You also have to remember you're not playing on a regulated and insured site. This means that any injuries that occur the land owner who gives permission is liable. While some might say I'll sign a waiver. Waivers don't actually mean anything in the UK as the land owner or the organiser is liable for what ever happens.

People also talk a lot, oh I won't do this and that? Don't you remember Ramdoom? He tried to sue his best mate when HE ran into the back of his best mate.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
The warning stickers required to keep Itchy happy would give Leo Tolstoy a run for his money.

Not really, it is just a case of making individuals aware of the possible risks of such things.

If you don't then you're wide open to being sued.

Think of it this way. What other country does a cop trip over a kerb and sues the owner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21987343
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 16:02 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyes and teeth, not bothered - imagine getting shot in the cock, that's what I'm more worried about!

InB4 small target jokes.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I forgot to claim against Bubbs for last year, I slipped over on the pathway and got a small graze. He invited us to his land and didn't provide PPE for the dangerous unkept trail.
Also I burned myself on the fire because I was drunk. Tracey provided transport to go to the shop to buy the booze, I must issue proceedings against her too!
And Fisteh's driving made me feel sick and I vomited in a Maccie's toilet, that's emotional harm, so theres probably a head of claim there.

Damn, I'm going to be rich....
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:01 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyro. wrote:

You might not but who knows who might, it also gives food for thought for the landowner who will protect himself with insurance or rules which try and minimise risk.

Take for instance BCF happenings. About 7-8 years ago two BCFers best friends. One of them crashed into the other one from behind. They suddenly stopped being best friends and one of them sued the other one. But that can never happen right?

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy, please shut up before you convince Bubbs/his parents that this whole BBQ isn't worth the hassle!

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

New avatar for Itchy?

https://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03039/doomed_3039230b.jpg
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:08 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/CKGIiwB.png
Came to mind Smile.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Pyro. wrote:

You might not but who knows who might, it also gives food for thought for the landowner who will protect himself with insurance or rules which try and minimise risk.

Take for instance BCF happenings. About 7-8 years ago two BCFers best friends. One of them crashed into the other one from behind. They suddenly stopped being best friends and one of them sued the other one. But that can never happen right?

If I crashed into any BCFer I'd admit liability and hope they take the piss out of the insurance company, after all that's what I pay a premium for.

Something vaguely similar happened in my hometown recently, where a bunch of students had their friend die because they took MD and one of them had a brain hemorrhage, they refused to pay the rest of the tenancy because they'd moved out. It wasn't the landlord's fault they took class A narcotics was it, but he still lost out..
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Better not go on any rideouts at the BBQ this year then, just in case. Better not to ride up at all really, might get sued by someone on the way to the BBQ.

Actually, this all sounds far too risky - i'm going to sell my bike, airsoft kit and just stay indoors after buying some extra insurance so i'm covered in case my front door falls off and squashes the postman.

Put a few of these up too; don't want anyone having the wrong idea.
https://i64.tinypic.com/24d26as.jpg

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also not going to be catering this year, I'm not covered by any form of liability insurance in case anyone gets food poisoning.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:19 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Matt- wrote:

Actually, this all sounds far too risky - i'm going to sell my bike, airsoft kit and just stay indoors after buying some extra insurance so i'm covered in case my front door falls off and squashes the postman.

Tut Tut - high proportion of people are KSI'd at their own homes - pretty risky business you're engaging in there!

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 11 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk of getting on the wrong side of the law is putting me right off the airsoft stuff.

I'll just smoke/eat drugs, drink beer, operate 20 ton machinery, fire shotguns and virtually sit in a bonfire. Much safer.

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 00:49 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost, itchy just be scared bro.

Unsure why, if you are gonna cry about things, you would turn up. Surely there are more thing that buzz killington can do, fill in tax returns or something equally dull.

Don't want fun, don't want to risk yourself with a few bits of plastic when you ride 150kg of race bike. Dat spastic. Inb4 bodyguards betafag.

GrumpyGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:21 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
All this talk of getting on the wrong side of the law is putting me right off the airsoft stuff.

https://i67.tinypic.com/2enc2g0.jpg

GhostRider wrote:
I'll just smoke/eat drugs, drink beer, operate 20 ton machinery, fire shotguns and virtually sit in a bonfire. Much safer.

GhostRider

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck it. i'm bringing napalm.

and a tank.

and a sack full of teh kittehs to kill.

no one's going to spoil my weekend Twisted Evil

oh, and as for airsoft.....

https://img.memecdn.com/safety_o_1180031.jpg

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 17:38 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Doom, gloom, bleh
Do you ever stop bleating?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well lookie here...Looks like we got ourselves a grownup.

I get where Leon is coming from, however I like a bit of risk with my living and if that means being on the receiving end of digger bucket in the face then sign me up.
BCF is Darwinism at it's best.

FWIW I purposely attached a bright LED torch to Ghostrider's eyeball whilst he was lying intoxicated beside the fire and used the strobe setting.

The court fees were crippling but it was worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I gassed a good 30 people by burning camp chairs too.

Sadly Google throws up very little in the way of 'clean burning camp chairs' - I did check.

We'll all just freeze instead next time Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:21 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we get several of these, attach them to the arm of the digger and use that as a tank? Could maybe see if we could lob giant water balloons/rocks with the arm?

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and some mates were running round a tower block firing bb's, dude got hit in his glasses which shattered into his eyeball. Every time he blinked, he sliced his eyeball up.

True story bro.

Trying not to blink once you've got shards in your eye, still not as hard as eating a sugar coated jam doughnut without licking your lips Very Happy

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 12 Nov 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be risking all by only taking 3 bog rolls and two packs of wet wipes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> UK National All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40