Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2015 Health and Fitness thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 09 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:

Yeah, when I bought my Asics, I had a full gait and running analysis done. They record your running and map your ankle deflection to determine how much cushioning you need. They also 3D-scan your feet to get the sizing perfect as well as determining arch and instep height.

Thats excellent Thumbs Up

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 12:26 - 09 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have the analysis done for £20, or they'll bundle it in for free with a new set of trainers.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:46 - 11 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out I cannot jog very far after a 12 hour shift, guessing it's the new workbooks and moving about all day. I managed 3k and had to stop as my feet were aching and toes were throbbing, more so on the right foot. Quit before I hurt myself.

Made up by doing my second 8k this morning, held a constant pace and heart rate was coming up to high 150s at the end, all recorded so I have my new baseline to check against in a month or so. A month ago I would have collapsed off in a heap so happy with progress.

Just checked actually, month and a half gone from 2k and feeling like death to 8k and feeling fine if a bit sweaty Sick , well chuffed with that. Slow buildup for beginner is definitely the way.

Next one I might just do the 10 so I can say I've done it.

Wull
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:36 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a weigh in last week and was 11st 1lb.

Etape Trossachs tomorrow,weathers to be shite but it is what it is.

104 miles with roughly 8-9000ft of climbing.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

My BF is 10 to 11 on display, I think it's under reading, actual will be around 13. I'm doing press-up*50, sit-up*90, back extension*90, 3kg soft Dumbbell * 50 at work locker room, Stairs dash before lunch. This is just a petit training but maybe better than nothing.

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 12 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:

I'm doing press-up*50.

Thumbs Up

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:23 - 21 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

bit of a weird time to start, but im making an effort to shift timber

been doing free weights when i get a chance an generally cutting down on what i eat.

Haven't weighed my self for ages, so todays weigh in was a smidge under 110kg - about 17.5 stone i think?

anyways im 6ft 2" rugby players build let the shedding commence....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 21 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran up a peak in Snowdonia on Saturday, carrying a pack. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 21 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran my first event ever yesterday.

10k across the Chiltern hills, 600ft climbed opposed to my normal 220!

Killer steep hills at the start and end.

205 people ran I came in place 97 and got my new 10k PB even on such a hilly circuit which I was pleased with of 51:16.

The bloke that won it did it in 34:59 Laughing Machines.

So pleased that's done. Can't move my legs today aching like mad.

Going to mix it up a bit now and do different things, run up hills, slow/fast, shorter runs ect opposed to the usual 1 hour run.

Anyone wear a bumbag / belt when running I'm struggling to find anything half decent mine bounces all over the shop Laughing

Cheers Thumbs Up

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fridays weigh in I've lost 2kg, or in old money 4.4lb

someotherguy
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:56 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Going to start a juice fast (I know, I know Embarassed).

Will post results.

Tristan.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 25 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:

Still fancy having a crack at this https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

I made a start on that, you start on around half what you normally lift, but even so after a couple of weeks it felt like I was making progress, and felt like when I reached my old limits I would come past them, just got into a good routine and hadn't skipped a workout but then I broke my leg Sad

Same thing last year, broke my arm and couldn't lift anything for months. That's pretty much fine now, hopefully the leg will be the same.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't be bothered today, but managed to drag myself away from GTA V and get out on my bicycle, and ended up getting quite a good cario workout

not many hills round here, had to cycle outside of the borough to find some, none of the gear and no real idea, and went flying past a load of lycra clad enthusiasts on proper bikes Laughing to be fair they were probably out for a long haul ride.

Quite enjoyed myself actually, out of the town in 15 minutes into the countryside, then off down some quite lanes, and a little track through a hamlet to enjoy being in the sunshine and a view, then belted home hell for leather got wobbly jelly legs at the end of it.

Toying with the idea of changing the tyres on the bike and getting out on bridleways instead of the road.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:
just got into a good routine and hadn't skipped a workout but then I broke my leg Sad

Same thing last year, broke my arm and couldn't lift anything for months. That's pretty much fine now, hopefully the leg will be the same.

Ouch, unlucky fella

thx1138 wrote:
couldn't be bothered today, but managed to drag myself away from GTA V and get out on my bicycle, and ended up getting quite a good cario workout

Finding I can knacker myself very quickly on a road bike, had to learn to not hammer away.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 speeds, stopped and flat out. 😁

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah, what just happened?

I went to reply to Eddies post, and it said I didn't have permission to reply to threads in this forum, then booted me back to the main screen, and when I went back it (his post) wasn't there!

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 26 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surbitom wrote:
Watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Going to start a juice fast (I know, I know Embarassed).

Will post results.

Amazing film.

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to keep being a running bore but smashed every single one of my records last night with 7 new PB's,

Was pleased to say the least!

https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/bikerrtomm/Screenshot_2015-09-28-19-57-00-1_zpsmcyngbon.png

https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/bikerrtomm/Screenshot_2015-09-28-19-55-29-1_zpsgogkksvb.png

I went out originally to try and improve on some of Strava's 'Segments'

I got 9th out of 45 on one, and 14th out of 108 on the other Mr. Green

I was going to do a much shorter distance but in the end felt good so just carried on. (Ached like mad though as did 7.5 miles Saturday morning, completely detailed my car afterwards - 6 hours Laughing ) and walked around Santa Pod all day Sunday.. so legs weren't in the best state last night lol!

Amazing how quick your body can improve, I wasn't out of breath after that last night. Still holding out for a sub 50 10k though that would be nice... 2 seconds out!! Laughing

Cheers Karma Thumbs Up

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 12:29 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten back to doing some strength training now, and it's kinda weird how much my legs have improved as (I presume) a result of the running - my arms are still weak as shit, but I can now leg press 115kg without any trouble. Not bad for a lardarse. Laughing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:31 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
I've gotten back to doing some strength training now, and it's kinda weird how much my legs have improved as (I presume) a result of the running - my arms are still weak as shit, but I can now leg press 115kg without any trouble. Not bad for a lardarse. Laughing

My Legs do that every step I take Wink

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 12:46 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
My Legs do that every step I take Wink
You must have a very strange walk, then.

:edit: I should add, the 115kg is on top of my body weight: the seat moves, as opposed to the foot plate Laughing

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:54 - 29 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to sign up for Glasgow half marathon with only 2 weeks to train for it...
To pile on the sins of training I also decided to purchase some new running shoes yesterday. Saucony zealot iso. They look hideous, but were by far the most comfortable I tried on.
No time in mind as this is my first long run ever, I just want to make it across the finish line Very Happy

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caddy wrote:
Decided to sign up for Glasgow half marathon with only 2 weeks to train for it...
To pile on the sins of training I also decided to purchase some new running shoes yesterday. Saucony zealot iso. They look hideous, but were by far the most comfortable I tried on.
No time in mind as this is my first long run ever, I just want to make it across the finish line Very Happy

That's brave, good effort!

I was thinking of trying a long run next, just going to take it easy and run as far as I can I think Laughing Thumbs Up

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won an OCR last weekend. 10km, first one home by about 3-4 minutes. Cool

Kidjal
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:44 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm training for a blackbelt grading in December at the moment and I've kicked my running up a notch in addition to the training I already do. Two hours technical and heavy bag / pad work in the gym, sparring rounds and straight out into 2 miles every night afterwards, 4 times a week. Struggling at the moment but running a never been my favourite thing.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24