Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2015 Health and Fitness thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been too strict on what I eat lately so weight crept up a couple of lbs and has stayed there. After so long in a deficit I was starting to feel fatigued quickly which led me to take a break and will be knuckling down again in a couple of weeks.

Lifts haven't increased much but are feeling lighter at the higher end for the two main ones. I have started to add teeny tiny increments to every lift (say 1.25/2.5kg) not enough to notice the added weight, but if I keep doing it then slowly slowly will increase rather than keeping on being disappointed I can't make 10kg increases every few months.

Did do some heavier assistance work for a change the other day and seeing that I haven't really done much at all in the way of progressive overload on the deadlifts I was surprised how relatively easy a partial at 220kg went up and would consider 225 doable as a new max for a full which I will try sometime soon.
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week I've done 3 inters MMA sessions at the uni gym and fuck me, I'm out of shape. Loved training again, made me feel amazing.

Back on the no smoking and eating right train I go. They train 4 days a week, so gonna try and go to 3 a week and get a swim in too.

Currently at about 100kg, at 6'1ish, I'd like to get down to 90 just for toning and flab purposes.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 30 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's really hard to see the progress your making, it can be that minimal.

I think it's good to look back with fitness.

I did 5 hill rep runs today and it's not seeming to get easier, though the pain is short lived and I think my recovery is a bit quicker and my lungs are coping better.

Thinking back 4 years, no way would I have contemplated one run up that hill!

Mattaria
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:21 - 01 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started doing Diamond Dallas Page's yoga system, it's pretty cool so far. No bullshit just excellent flexibility. Might even goto the gym tomorrow and spar....wild huh!

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:14 - 01 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattaria wrote:
No bullshit just excellent flexibility.

Quite a bit of bs from what I've seen Confused.

Do consider if you need more flexibility - in a lot of situations it can actually impede your performance! Think that's been discussed on this thread somewhere.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 01 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Will_ wrote:
I was surprised how relatively easy a partial at 220kg went up and would consider 225 doable as a new max for a full which I will try sometime soon.

I just missed lockout on 250kg yesterday. Keep up boy. Razz .

Mattaria
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:45 - 01 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Mattaria wrote:
No bullshit just excellent flexibility.

Quite a bit of bs from what I've seen Confused.

Do consider if you need more flexibility - in a lot of situations it can actually impede your performance! Think that's been discussed on this thread somewhere.

What bullshit did you see? As far as the routines go they're clear, simple and effective.

I need more flexibility, my shoulder mobility is pretty shocking meaning I have more "ow fuck" moments when rolling as my tap point is way before most other people's.

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 02 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up running a half marathon yesterday 19+ km.

Originally set out for a slow paced / adventure / get lost in the woods. Ended up doing that but just not stopping. Laughing

Felt good, slow pace of 9.40/mile though, enjoyed it. Can barely walk today. 12 miles is the longest I have ever ran, period! Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 02 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran a fair bit yesterday and today.

Running mostly motivated by all the the cakes and chocolates at work. Very Happy

today ran from the Embankment, through Queens Park up to Kempston and back again. About 40 minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 02 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Hitler wrote:
_Will_ wrote:
I was surprised how relatively easy a partial at 220kg went up and would consider 225 doable as a new max for a full which I will try sometime soon.

I just missed lockout on 250kg yesterday. Keep up boy. Razz .

Video or it didn't happen Razz
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 02 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleurgh, Swam about 25 lengths today and it damn near killed me, even though it's bugger all distance. Was pushing myself to feel the strain to be fair. I'm hoping for a very steep curve in terms of stamina initially, would be shit to stay at this level for longer than a couple of weeks.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 02 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyro. wrote:
, Swam about 25 lengths ...........bugger all distance....

Shocked I'd have drowned, unless there was a shallow end, in which case I would have stood up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

someotherguy
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:27 - 03 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Surbitom wrote:
Watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Going to start a juice fast (I know, I know Embarassed).

Will post results.

Amazing film.

Well, I haven't weighed myself yet, but I feel a lot better. I thought I'd be really hungry and feel generally shit without the meat, alcohol, sugar, caffeine and fried food that made up the majority of my diet before, but it's been surprisingly easy so far.

I'll post some numbers soon.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 03 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside of my heel hurts

crashed my dirt bike today, was pinned under bike for a time, went running anyway, just felt like the right thing to do, I'm not deaded, I didn't break anything, just a bit bruisey

run wasn't bad considering I'd spent 4 hours riding dirt roads, muscles hurt like mad when I stopped running, but settled down now.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 03 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surbitom wrote:
I'll post some numbers soon.

What sort of load are you dealing with on that, working, or any exercise?

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:43 - 04 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finished my half marathon in a time of 2:02.36.
On the one hand I'm happy as I did only sign up for it two weeks ago, had previously only ever run 11k, and was WAY faster than I was expecting to do it in.

On the other hand, I was soooo close to the magic sub 2hrs... Ah well, maybe next time. Very Happy

Lost a total of 3lbs too, presumably mostly as water loss.

Gazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caddy wrote:
Well, I finished my half marathon in a time of 2:02.36.
On the one hand I'm happy as I did only sign up for it two weeks ago, had previously only ever run 11k, and was WAY faster than I was expecting to do it in.

On the other hand, I was soooo close to the magic sub 2hrs... Ah well, maybe next time. Very Happy

Lost a total of 3lbs too, presumably mostly as water loss.

Glasgow Half?

Cadbury
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:33 - 05 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazz wrote:
Glasgow Half?

It was indeed. A lot more hilly than I was expecting Very Happy

J0Al1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 06 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

It begins; cycling to work (weather/load dependant).

Really enjoyed the 10 miles in: dog walkers; inc a hairy cocktail sausage dog (shorter than a standard sausage dog) that I startled (wasn't as amusing as the man I startled on the reckey last week), cows, ducks, pheasants, fog, cyclists, mud, puddles, trees, canal, canal barges, a lady with a lovely smile, "morning" and a quad bike that I was a bit envious of on the back tracks.

Only one car sped past to get in a LHT in front of me and well, it was well judged, so fine. The others were considerate enough. I am however learning to art of going fast enough to get into position so that I don't have car obstacles.

Going to keep a tally of money saved.

I smell though . . . . . deoderant shopping this lunchtime it is!

someotherguy
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:48 - 21 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surbitom wrote:
Going to start a juice fast.

Will post results.

So... I've been doing it for three weeks now.

I started at 99.0kg (15st 8lb) at 36.2% body fat.
I'm now 93.4kg (14st 10lb) at 33.1% body fat.

So that's a loss of 5.6kg (12lb) so far - or 1.9kg (4lb) a week. Not too shabby.

It's been so easy that I've decided to carry on! Will post more results in another month or so.

Sload wrote:
What sort of load are you dealing with on that, working, or any exercise?

Working as normal, but haven't been doing any exercise. I'm going to start exercising again soon - most likely 5 days of cardio and 2 days of lifting. I have no idea yet how that'll go. I suspect the lifting will crush me... will keep you posted.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 28 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing well cardio side, but I keep slipping up and smoking when drunk. Little willpower when beer is 2 quid a pint and 1 pound shots.

Mma and boxing are going well but I got lax on the swimming as soon as it got cold at 6am.

bikertomm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 29 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing fitness now. Haven't ran since the 11th... slacking.

Doesn't help it's dark when I leave and dark when I'm back from work, and wet.. cold.. shit.

Kit kat chunky it is then. Laughing

I'm pretty pleased with myself, 140 miles ran in the 3 months from never running before, 50:02 10k, first half marathon etc.

Think now it's time to find a gym and start lifting, bro's.

Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:49 - 30 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surbitom wrote:

So that's a loss of 5.6kg (12lb) so far - or 1.9kg (4lb) a week. Not too shabby.

I've managed similar initial losses while eating 2000 calories a day (+ any exercise calories eaten back).

There's various physiological and physiological reasons that it's not a good idea to sustain a high calorie deficit.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:02 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still sat at around 70-72kg and about 14% BF according to my scales, yet I'm able to run faster and further than I ever have and continue to get stronger in the gym, go figure. I don't think the BF function on my scales is accurate somehow. Laughing

Tried lifting heavy stuff for the first time in my life today. Deadlift - 80kg, squat - 70kg. I have no idea if these are good or not. I know of another OCR racer that can deadlift 130kg and he's a bit lighter than me, so meh. Thumbs Up

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 31 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost 30lb since March ( 16'7 down to 14'5) and can now run a cross country 5k in 27 minutes. In March I couldn't run 500 meters.

Slow but steady progress Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 8 years, 181 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24