Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The line - is where?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Forum Feedback & Help by G (14 Feb 2015 - 19:11)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Did I get near 'the line'?
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
I have no opinion and don't know what the problem is
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
I like swwetcorn
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 34

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: The line - is where? Reply with quote

If I have to add a nsfw tag I will, but I want to know where the line is...

Following the banning of someone spamming with a slightly naughty pic, I neeed to know where the line is now drawn.

I mean, this picture is a screengrab from a 12 certificate film:

https://jasperaalbers.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/mf.jpg

Where does that go in relation to 'the line'?

How about:

https://www.demilked.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/hot-mess-ducati-panigale-motocorsa-thumb640.jpg

I'm going to assume that one is just fine and dandy, because it's a bloke. As has been proven by half of teme's ballsack, skudd's catheter and that spammer in his xmas outfit, blokeyflesh is alright, but ladyparts aren't.

How about a woman clearly not wearing a bra in a titilating fashion?

https://40.media.tumblr.com/e73aa42f5f246218146d58dda7446d7c/tumblr_mnkbd3t02q1so5ik5o1_500.jpg

Or, what about a woman wearing a bra in an advert that was posted on massive hoardings all over the country? (I apologise for the lack of motorcycle content.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Eva_herzigova_wonderbra_1994.jpg

So, how close have I got to 'the line'?

Nash GT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would deem all of the above acceptable

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:23 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 ban hammer.

The line moves to wherever the mods want it to be on that day.

nobcat.jpg

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As would I.

Edited to say I find myself that (more than) acceptable too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vote is close, there are two raging homosexuals who voted 'yes'...

I thought I catered for your type with pic no.2?

If I get banned for any of these images, please let me know which one so I can set it as the avatar for my new account (because setting up a new account apparently isn't against the rules, even though the rules say it is, but noooo, it's fine..........)

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

You asked did you get near the line, not did you cross it. The pictures are close to the limit of what is acceptable to be 'Safe for work', so they are close to the line, yet not over the line

InB4 ban him anyway

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:35 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alans Snackbar wrote:
You asked did you get near the line, not did you cross it. The pictures are close to the limit of what is acceptable to be 'Safe for work', so they are close to the line, yet not over the line

InB4 ban him anyway

There's no point jumping straight over the line now is there, to accurately map these lines you have to go up to them slowly.

By the way, who deems what acceptable for which work?

Is there a wiki or something? And if there is, who gets to vote on what should or should not be allowed?

Northern Monkey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:38 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
Alans Snackbar wrote:

InB4 ban him anyway

There's no point jumping straight over the line now is there, to accurately map these lines you have to go up to them slowly.

By the way, who deems what acceptable for which work?

Is there a wiki or something? And if there is, who gets to vote on what should or should not be allowed?

At my work, it's the indian guys that do the website categorisation for the cloud web filtering service

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:

If I get banned for any of these images, please let me know which one so I can set it as the avatar for my new account (because setting up a new account apparently isn't against the rules, even though the rules say it is, but noooo, it's fine..........)

Inappropriate pictures, then headlong into blatant homophobia.

Ban time.

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

temeluchus wrote:
pdg wrote:

Inappropriate pictures, then headlong into blatant homophobia.

Ban time.

Innit.

I can see the mods now

https://blog.compete.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/racy.jpg

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go on the basis that this is BCF. It's populated by a large number of red blooded immature males, sexual deviants, and Ste. Everything on the site has the potential to be NSFW, and if you've been here more than 5 minutes, you'd know that.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Nash GT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:53 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
I go on the basis that this is BCF. It's populated by a large number of red blooded immature males, sexual deviants, and Ste. Everything on the site has the potential to be NSFW, and if you've been here more than 5 minutes, you'd know that.

Couldn't agree more my self.

Also what's acceptable in some workplaces may not be in others, so the line is a bit of a grey area really based on the offended party's perspective

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:55 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:

I gave you vote number 3, but as you know I find everything offensive.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I say "POTATO!"

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nash GT wrote:
the line is a bit of a grey area really based on the offended party's perspective

Here's the crux of the matter. Offence is taken, not given.

When I joined this forum, in my very first thread in fact, Ste gave me a nice picture of a cat eating what could have been construed as a sausage. Did I choose to be offended?

No. I did not.

Because - I knew what to expect. Before joining and subsequently posting I had a good look around.

The 'leeway' was the main reason I joined, and the main reason I stayed. It was the reason I didn't join someting like gbbikers.

I know certain people talk about 'BCF of old' of which I have no experience, but even just a few months ago a bit of flesh wouldn't have got a banning. I will admit, some things went a bit far - but let's not see it go too far the other way.

Nash GT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:13 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
Nash GT wrote:
the line is a bit of a grey area really based on the offended party's perspective

Here's the crux of the matter. Offence is taken, not given.

When I joined this forum, in my very first thread in fact, Ste gave me a nice picture of a cat eating what could have been construed as a sausage. Did I choose to be offended?

No. I did not.

Because - I knew what to expect. Before joining and subsequently posting I had a good look around.

The 'leeway' was the main reason I joined, and the main reason I stayed. It was the reason I didn't join someting like gbbikers.

I know certain people talk about 'BCF of old' of which I have no experience, but even just a few months ago a bit of flesh wouldn't have got a banning. I will admit, some things went a bit far - but let's not see it go too far the other way.

Fully agree with every point.

Pretty much same reasons why I joined BCF and chose to stay.

I know damn well what I can and cannot get away with at work, and even then I still have a good look round before I open questionable titled posts like "Hot babes and bikes" just to be on the safer side.

wtf do people expect to find on such threads, puppies and kittens ??

Nash GT
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. long live nobcat

https://forum-stickers.co.uk/images/Img_7663.jpg

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been around the internet since the late 1980s and my view is it's up to you what you post and equally it's up to you what you read.

Served me well that has - generally, if you have to ask ... you probably shouldn't bother.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:25 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
When I joined this forum, in my very first thread in fact, Ste gave me a nice picture of a cat eating what could have been construed as a sausage.

Ah, the good ol' days. Laughing

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:29 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is this "swwetcorn" of which you speak?

also the line, it's here:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:41 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sweetcorn is in the pressed food that exits my bottom. Thumbs Up

monkeybiker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Again I say "POTATO!"

You may well say potato but I'm going to say potarto

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
WTF is this "swwetcorn" of which you speak?

If you had posted that 2 posts sooner you would've won a prize.

But you didn't, so Middle Finger

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:13 - 13 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
When I joined this forum, in my very first thread in fact, Ste gave me a nice picture of a cat eating what could have been construed as a sausage.

I joined because Ste spunked Her Nobcatness on another forum.

All good things, eh?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:01 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why??????????????????
If you are unsure of the line put a NSFW tag on it, if you fall foul........... and it does take more than a little nudge as we have all seen and well know, then you do like anyone would do if you wanted to stay as part of the community. You email the right people and start a fresh.

Sucking yourself off in front of my other half at the next BBQ would in most people view be over the line and you would get slapped. Saying sorry and not doing it again would bring you back in to the fold. What is so hard about that? We know what is acceptable, we know what isn't, if you aren't sure play safe and put NSFW, is it s bloody difficult or have we come to the point of leading by the hand simpletons who want to break things just for the sake of it. Korn with the help of the mods are trying to have a care free site that appeals to all that want to join in. Why are fuck wits trying to break it just because they cant grasp some basic.......... so very basic..... community based rules........ that are so easy to follow even chumps with less than Hetzers IQ can follow.

If in doubt NSFW a post, if you fall foul the mods let you know in a simple way, you can appeal and toe a very lax line in future. Is it that fucking hard to follow??????????????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3