Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The line - is where?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Topic moved: from Random Banter to Forum Feedback & Help by G (14 Feb 2015 - 19:11)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Did I get near 'the line'?
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
I have no opinion and don't know what the problem is
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
I like swwetcorn
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 34

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Either tow a basic simple easy for the guy on the number 78 tram to follow social rule or go else where.

It's not a simple to follow rule.

It's a variable rule that changes every week.

If my desire for a little consistency offends you, then that is your offence to take.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
Skudd wrote:

Either tow a basic simple easy for the guy on the number 78 tram to follow social rule or go else where.

It's not a simple to follow rule.

It's a variable rule that changes every week.

If my desire for a little consistency offends you, then that is your offence to take.

The rule hasn't changed, it is dead heads wanting to push it and wanting new definitions to suit.

Basic for you is DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not forcing anyone to read my posts. Nor am I asking anyone to agree or disagree with my perspective.

I can't recall ever posting any images simply to 'push the boundaries'. The images in the opening post of this thread were chosen specifically to be completely 'safe' in general definition and I was wondering if 'general' applied to 'forum definition'. If you have evidence to the contrary I am happy to hold up my hands and admit I forgot about them.

I don't have a problem with following rules if I am able to follow those rules without having to wonder if they have been re-interpreted in the last 3 days.

As I have said, if the person who was banned got banned for a clear and consistent reason I wouldn't have thought about it at all. For instance, he spammed his group, he also sent abusive PMs to those who disagreed with him - both of which are clearly against the rules. I am not defending him at all.

I for one am certainly not going to let one particular normal member bully me off the forum because he or she doesn't like me asking for clarification of a very ambiguously enforced rule.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently been on the receiving end of the **** treatment on another forum after I wrote the word 'cock', keep pushing the boundaries and how long will it be before BCF gets that way?

How tricky would it be to make more areas of the forum off limits to non-members, in the same way the NSFW tag or the regional forums do? People who don't want to sign up as members could access 'biking news and issues, bike chat and the workshop' only and leave the rest of the place as it used to be? With members accepting that if they sign up and peruse the non-bike specific areas that they may well get nobcatted, etc?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:26 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
How tricky would it be to make more areas of the forum off limits to non-members, in the same way the NSFW tag or the regional forums do? People who don't want to sign up as members could access 'biking news and issues, bike chat and the workshop' only and leave the rest of the place as it used to be? With members accepting that if they sign up and peruse the non-bike specific areas that they may well get nobcatted, etc?

Laughing

For some reason I can't see Korn going for that.

NSFW threads are marked as such, Google and unregistered users can't see them, everything is good until NSFW pics arrive in threads which aren't marked.

It's not rocket science. The ending was very predictable when whoever it was who posted the NSFW link disguised as a Bitly link in the secret santa thread, just the same as whoever it was who had the nsfw avatar and then bawwwwwwed about being banned rather than just their avatar being removed.

Isn't all of this pretty obvious?

If people keep trying to push the limits of what's allowed to be posted on BCF without being marked as NSFW then I expect all that'll happen is a total ban on NSFW content.

This might be a completely work safe picture of a cat, are you feeling lucky and going click the link whilst at work? Twisted Evil

Marmalade
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it.

The nsfw boundary is set by google, this is interpreted by the mods and based on how prudish and pure each mod is, the line can wander a bit.

The nsfw tag isn't for protection of people at work, if i had a job somewhere that had a strict policy, like fuck would I visit BCF while there and people should realise that, but rather, google stamped their feet and said 'we will not tolerate smut on pages that show our ads' so, put a nsfw tag on, the ads don't show and google is a happy bunny.
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another 'issue' I have that I don't think I've yet touched on about this.

I very rarely look in threads with a NSFW tag. I can't be bothered on the whole. As soon as that tag is applied, it seems that it's jumped on with 'shock' images for the sake of it. "Oh look, a NSFW tag, donkey pron time!!"

So, a thread that may contain an image of a scantily clad person (with or without a bike) that USED to be considered SFW suddenly gets treated as an LPWmkVII thread immediately following the application of a tag.

I have nothing against LPW, many people find it entertaining. In a way, it would be a shame if it went - it wouldn't affect me personally but I still think it should stay.

Time was, an untagged thread could be considered 'middle ground' - it wasn't exactly gbbikers, but it was well clear of LPW.

Now, since the re-interpretation of the NSFW rules it's getting to the stage where there are the two extremes with no middle ground at all.

(Note, these are issues and opinions I have personally, if you don't like them, whatever.)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:34 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:
As soon as that tag is applied, it seems that it's jumped on with 'shock' images for the sake of it. "Oh look, a NSFW tag, donkey pron time!!"

Examples of that?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdg wrote:

If I were you I would tread very very carefully.

If you don't watch your step, I'm going to start thinking I might get close to liking you one of these days.

Unacceptable.

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:53 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
pdg wrote:

If I were you I would tread very very carefully.

If you don't watch your step, I'm going to start thinking I might get close to liking you one of these days.

Unacceptable.

You'll only have yourself to blame.

pdg
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:54 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
pdg wrote:
As soon as that tag is applied, it seems that it's jumped on with 'shock' images for the sake of it. "Oh look, a NSFW tag, donkey pron time!!"

Examples of that?

I don't need examples when I have this much conjencture.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:54 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am outraged by the inconsistency in the enforcement of the rules which aren't clearly defined!!

I will be sending a strongly worded letter of complaint with my monthly subscription payment and I recommend that anyone else who is pissed off does the same.

Thumbs Up

bEN_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be demanding a free month for the inconvenience caused

Lamp Post Enthusiast
M-C This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard

PostPosted: 19:46 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a mature and responsible adult, I feel I should add my own view point to this informative discussion;

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:47 - 14 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/4M49PD0.png

I doubt they'd be too bothered about their ads being on a nsfw page, maybe korn should get some advertisers like that.

Or, he could put ads for what remains of his pr0n empire.

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 15:04 - 15 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarelly, I agree with Skudd and Ste is providing an accurate portrayal of issues related to 'not work safe' images!

As far as there being very clear rules - I think MC has nicely shown why this is a bad thing.
In his case he seems to just ignore big sections, but in others people will try and push the rules right to the limit, rather than not being a twat in the first place.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:19 - 15 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself as an expert on the subject. Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 9 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3