Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Driving License...?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ClydeGhost
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Driving License...? Reply with quote

Dear Auntie BCF,

I have passed and received my Full Motorbike license (pink license), but, I have not done my driving license at all. I have researched the vehicles that I am allowed to operate on the back of my license and it doesn't say anything about cars, provisional or otherwise.

Do I need to re-apply for a provisional driving license in order to get behind the wheel and learn to drive?

Yours,
ClydeGhost
____________________
Honda CBF125 : Suzuki GS500
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rideslikean00...
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 May 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:44 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the full bike Cat A pink license still counts as a provisional license for Cat B, i.e. regular cars. If/when you pass your full Cat B license you'll have the current one renewed with another pink license with both Cat A and Cat B vehicles correctly listed on the back, which I think includes most things up to 7.5T trucks.
____________________
.
Previous/Current Bikes
2013 Yamaha YBR-125ED -> 1997 Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunderace -> 2009 Yamaha XJ-6 Diversion -> 2007 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Copycat73
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

rideslikean00b wrote:
AFAIK the full bike Cat A pink license still counts as a provisional license for Cat B, i.e. regular cars. If/when you pass your full Cat B license you'll have the current one renewed with another pink license with both Cat A and Cat B vehicles correctly listed on the back, which I think includes most things up to 7.5T trucks.


3.5 tonnes including any weight of trailer.
____________________
Whatever I post I have no citation and no intention of providing one..
caveat emptor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ClydeGhost
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:50 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

rideslikean00b wrote:
AFAIK the full bike Cat A pink license still counts as a provisional license for Cat B, i.e. regular cars. If/when you pass your full Cat B license you'll have the current one renewed with another pink license with both Cat A and Cat B vehicles correctly listed on the back, which I think includes most things up to 7.5T trucks.


That's what I figured too, I just wanted to make sure I'm okay driving on roads. I've looked at DVLA website and found nothing regarding it.
____________________
Honda CBF125 : Suzuki GS500
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only driving with a fully licences person in the car over the age of 21 and having three years experience though
____________________
gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)
if its spelt wrong its my fat fingers and daft auto correct on my tablet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lihp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 22 Feb 2015    Post subject: Re: Driving License...? Reply with quote

ClydeGhost wrote:
Dear Auntie BCF,

I have passed and received my Full Motorbike license (pink license), but, I have not done my driving license at all. I have researched the vehicles that I am allowed to operate on the back of my license and it doesn't say anything about cars, provisional or otherwise.

Do I need to re-apply for a provisional driving license in order to get behind the wheel and learn to drive?

Yours,
ClydeGhost


Your counterpart will list provisional entitlements, you will need to make sure that Cat B is listed on the counterpart before driving.
____________________
covent.gardens: lihp is my most favourite member ever
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Jewlio Iglesias This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 11 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.85 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 54.15 Kb