Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

R6 and other stuff.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:39 - 23 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are really long or just look really long and if you're not really tall .... you look a bit odd sat on one.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 24 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do look odd then as I'm a 10 stone 5' 7" and a poor attempt at a man Laughing

More I ride the VFR the more I like it. I think it is very very good, it can out sports bike my sports bikes c/w full luggage, with me as pilot anyway. I am serious here.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:23 - 24 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
I do look odd then as I'm a 10 stone 5' 7" and a poor attempt at a man Laughing

More I ride the VFR the more I like it. I think it is very very good, it can out sports bike my sports bikes c/w full luggage, with me as pilot anyway. I am serious here.

No you can't Rolling Eyes

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 25 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
VFR... can out sports bike my sports bikes c/w full luggage

You are definitely doing something wrong there Confused

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 27 Jul 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maybe am doing something wrong and maybe 16 year old suspension on R6 and R1 is not the best. Personally I am more confident with 'sport' street riding in the VFR than either R6 or R1 and am quicker on it on any type of road.

Just to clarify I am not doing knee down here and on a quick flick chicane at the track yes R6 would be quicker to turn. I am beginner rider, maybe a more experienced rider may laugh his tits of at my comments. Embarassed

Any other forum member have a VFR1200 that could comment? so I don't sound like a complete numpty.

Anyway I like it, it gives me confidence, sounds really nice, is good fun and goes really well. Still want a Fireblade though Smile

Not that it matters because all it does is piss down with rain at the moment Sad

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:12 - 16 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

More to follow from a great little break down Lincoln way with my wife, no kids Smile Stayed in Louth. Some great roads round that area for road biking too. Lincoln is a beautiful city.

3 days of which at Cadwell, fun times, in car, on bike and watching BSB guys testing.

More to come but taster.

'Struan any tips?. Yes don't do burnouts Josh' Really nice guy and he came to me for photo as I was perving at his bike, pretending not to notice him. My wife fancies him but won't admit it Very Happy My new favourite BSB rider. By fuck he is quick round Cadwell 32 seconds quicker a lap than me. Sad
https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20150813_144133_zpsutpzqglu.jpg

Blagged a passenger ride day before my instructed Black and White Bikes trackday. Thanks Adrian you were a gent and the £20 scottish note will work! Man top right Paul somebody....designed these cars, apparently quite famous engineer....meh! Smile
https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20150811_145100_zpsn2nj28i1.jpg

The mountain....is actually a fucking mountain, jees pics and vids don't do it justice. Wife with tits hanging out, must be for Josh hehe
https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20150811_135448_zpsiplhz1z5.jpg

Skinny person, that'll be me.
https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20150811_135406_zpshjn3akfd.jpg

More to follow of my bike trackday frollicks later.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:40 - 27 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the usual photo. Very Happy Black and White Bikes, instructed trackday, two weeks ago. Great for novices, highly recommended.

After being called a 'plonker' by the instructor for trying to hang off like Rossi. Knee down is in fact overrated, I have now realised this. So much smoother and quicker when I stopped trying.

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/DSC_6312_zpsufvptvnm.jpg

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:09 - 27 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

No knee down is gay Sad its what the track is for, dat showboating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 27 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

With bike/tyre technology these days, shoulder down minimum. Laughing

Lamp Post Enthusiast

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:36 - 28 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
No knee down is gay Sad its what the track is for, dat showboating.

I know it looks good and a better rider than me can use knee to determine lean angle at any given time.

I am still a noob and was trying too hard to get knee down when I should have been concentrating on smooth.

Next time out will be actual race at East Fortune on September 12th and 13th...doing (S)ACU licence then going straight racing Laughing Shocked

Will report in the crash thread later after that Smile

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:08 - 28 Aug 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never got my knee on the floor however on my first track day it was like surfing on plastic day rather than track day Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:43 - 01 Sep 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knee down for me would follow with elbow, head and arse all down Paddy Laughing

VFR1200F is now up for sale. No way my missus is going touring with me on it, I have tried and tried and tried again, but failed miserably at convincing her. She would rather a car Sad

Should really just divorce her for this, but I love her, so am going to sell the bike and buy a camper van to tow my bike on tour Very Happy

The VFR1200F is also simply to big for me physically, and doesn't like slower than national speed limit. After 3 months have come to this conclusion.

This is my wife on the bike, one of the very few times she has come out with me as pillion.

No this is not a for sale advert either. DO NOT BUY unless German autobahn is part of your commute to work hehe

R6 is my favourite bike, prefer it to the R1. R6 is an angry wee bastard, asbo, I love it!

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20150701_142354_zps6fpdb6p3.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 18 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the bike race before the age of 50 ticked off. Well actually 3 races. Very Happy

Got my SACU and raced at East Fortune at the September meet. Seriously wow the adrenaline rush is bloody good for the soul. As for talent well, basically last, dead last in the three races lol. It's not easy it rained on Saturday for the test and the first race. First time on the bike and first time at the circuit. I was only 3 seconds a lap behind the next slowest guy, not bad. I also finished one race 15th out of 22....... cos seven people crashed out Very Happy

We were racing with the senior post classics so I got lapped...twice by one rather fast fellow who passed me like I wasn't there. I thought I was on the edge at the time as well.

Bear in mind I only passed my test in January, been riding a bike less than a year and done a couple of track days before jumping head first into this mid life crisis, death wish racing malarky, highly recommended and I actually felt safer and more confident than when on a trackday.

So next year positives with my son and bike racing and maybe a divorce and a continuation of the current medication for me and all will be sorted Laughing

Only issue is the £850 bargain NC24 race bike might not cut it long term racing, guys in my class with suspension of higher value. So am thinking long term to go for mini-twins? Any thoughts on this? Pre-injection is too busy up here in Scotland and I can't afford supersport or superbike even if I could handle them. Anyone got a minitwin race bike for sale give me a shout Smile

burp burp brap brap Mr. Green

Edit: Still never had knee down Sad though I had my feet and pegs scraping, shat myself first time that happened and picked the bike up sharpish, not a chicken strip in sight. Once body position sorted knee will be down forsure, even if it means, arse, back and head down at the same time.

I really really love motorbikes and can't believe I waited until 48 to try them out. damnit

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/12002237_10205343130402099_4472889020353097830_n_zpsutbyah2t.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/12011311_10205336516076745_1094558264994372637_n_zps5hslxky2.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 78 days between these two posts...

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 04 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

:-{
VFR 1200 sold
VFR 400 Race Bike sold
R1 sold
2 a DT 125's sold
1 x RT100 sold

It feels a relief to get rid of all the bikes. I had too many. Mid life crisis went a bit haywire with the racing and all, what was I thinking? Kin lunatic idea but great fun while it lasted.

Oh and still got the carbed R6 though, she was always a favourite Smile

I'm fancying a supermoto in the probably not to distant future. We'll see.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:48 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'may' have an SV650 which needs a new home at some point... its a W reg but in track form. Laughing If you still like racing.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 05 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I 'may' have an SV650 which needs a new home at some point... its a W reg but in track form. Laughing If you still like racing.

Just got rid of a trackbike Paddy. Is your SV Road legal?

Sean.S
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:50 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your vfr an nc24 with nc30 bodywork? It had me a little confused when i seen it

Nice collection of pictures btw! Cool

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 06 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean91 wrote:
Is your vfr an nc24 with nc30 bodywork? It had me a little confused when i seen it

Nice collection of pictures btw! Cool

To be honest I've no idea...bike looked like she'd had a few sets of fairings in her time. They were mostly held on with ill fitting screws and tie-wraps when I had her. But hey she passed scrutineering and was fun to ride. Smile

qarka
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:28 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much win. Thumbs Up

Get a Fireblade... 929 or 954. You could pick up a minter for £2000

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I'd never got my knee on the floor however on my first track day it was like surfing on plastic day rather than track day Laughing

It's funny because good ol' Guy Martin didn't kd until a whole year of track days and competitive riding.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the R6 out for a brisk run today, she's missing her big sister. I could tell that when she screamed at me at 14000 revs.

I was reading the fun on a bike thread, surely an R6 Carbed must be up there somewhere?

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The R1 went today. Very sad.

I feel a tune coming on, could it be, yes it is.....The Bay City Rollers.....

Bye bye baby baby goodbye bye, bye bye baby. Don't make me cry oh bye bye baby.

Never once called my wife baby. Was more affectionate towards the bike.

Sorry baby I'm only kidding.

(a coule of beers and I start to ramble on). Mr. Green

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems that I'm getting the VFR 400 back. Very Happy

I sold it in a gentleman's agreement that if he couldn't get it started then I would take the bike back.

He couldn't get it started. I am taking it back with a full refund back to him.

I think I've been a fool for making the gentleman's agreement as he didn't see the bike run when he came to view it.......... because I couldn't get it started.

So I've re-advertised it as a non runner.

Bah...love bikes me.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I forgot about this little enterprise during my delusional stage.

While in my full swing my, middle aged fantasy racing dream.....Of course I would need a caravan. Why the devil not.

It was fungus ridden and stunk of piss.

I kept her for 3 races then sold her at a £100 loss.

I would have paid to get rid of it....there was no way I was sleeping in it. It was that bad I felt sorry for my bike having to go in it.

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/12980526_1059233054143553_2135749531_n_zpsac6p3st0.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/12969440_1059232907476901_223666005_n_zpsjjdmrobv.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/12966836_1059232604143598_2058421598_n_zps4gsikjww.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 18 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had some bike money burning a hole in my pocket.

Ebay auction special. Not bad for £1k. 78,000 miles, PZ version, 10 months MOT, 2006.....To be fair she is running a bit rough I fear....I fear a hefty bill coming on, but by 'eck she looks good. Smile

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/IMG_2658_zpsfcnxqheg.jpg
https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/IMG_2656_zpso0inzkef.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18